SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:35 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
I still remember the excitment in Fishy's voice as he would say, "The Super Cub!" haha.
Lee I hear Ya, the ecitement in my voice, brings the kids out in us. I miss that. For now I think that is gone, will take a long time to gain back, going through but not tough times plays a toll.

I have now my T28 up again, and maybe I can do that all over again get my excitement out there.

I want to hit the field again but this week will be rain, cold and best for me to catch up on things, In the mood I am not. I will decide what to do to get me back in the mood,

Just reading the ifo yo provide is like me being there to.

Happy for you with thegigs and new projects keep it real and you'll win others over.

thanks for the point in direction on the OT thread
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:54 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post

Any suggestions

In the mood I am not. I will decide what to do to get me back in the mood,
Well, I am biased, because I've never flown a SuperCub, or a Dragon 300, but IMHO, if a guy is feelin a little blue, and wants a spiffy new plane to cheer him up... for $139, personally I can't imagine a more fun thing to have than the new 3D Beast.

It's a little trickier than the UM T-28 to get flying, but not much. And it is not one of those profile 3D only planes that is built for indoors, and made specifically to do weird stuff -- you can fly it like a regular plane (use...the....rudder!), and it looks like a (good looking!) regular plane. They call it 3D, but for me, I'm happy with rolls, loops, hammerheads, just beginning to try Cuban 8's.... and of course, it's fun just loafing around the field.

With the ASX system he darn thing is happy in 15 MPH winds, no kidding. While not the most 'scale like' flying when it's blowing that hard, at least I am not grounded, and the little guy can really take it! I just put five batteries through it and three through my Mcpx this morning, and I feel like I have really done a day's flying -- still grinning!

so that's my input, but no matter which plane you decide on, get out there and get some stick time in!

tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 11, 2012, 01:32 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Yesterday at the field, there were 3 guys left (after the T-28 Murderer exited) and we all sent up our Super Cubs -- not by plan, but by chance.

And it was a beautiful thing; seeing Cubs flying every which way.

We all started talking about how, if we had to choose a plane and let all the others go, we'd all choose our Super Cubs.

You just can't find a better, more reliable, more easily-fixable RC plane.
Some might say it's the Champ, but cutting a gearbox out of glue ain't easy, and peeling tape to open it up -- and re-taping takes time.

The Super Cub:
Remove 4 elastic bands and you've got access to everything but the motor. I can get inside the Cub to fix it within 60 seconds.
Same for the motor - 3 tiny screws: Done.
Last week I changed out the entire tail feather assembly - including wheel assembly and installed a new one in 5 minutes.

So we all agreed that the Cub was our go-to plane. It flies fast as heck, but can crawl along in float mode. Oh, and it will take FLOATS!
It is graceful, but can beat winds up to 12-14 mph (at least for me).

It carries bombs, or in my case, Keychain 808 cams with ease, and it can fly 500-600 feet up with no loss of orientation & fly for 10-12 minutes on a 2200mah.

The Super Cub: An all-around perfect trainer and keeper!

Mac
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:03 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
I would like to have a Super Cub, but wished it had out of the box:

Ailerons
Brushed motor (no gear box)
separate ESC and receiver.

I guess some guys mod it up to do all that, like Ridge.

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thanks Guys. the S-C is awesome. maybe I just had a wrong position at the field, felt pushed to a corner Lol.

It will be a decision I will make sooner or later, as long as it is a right one, and not a wrong one.. thanks for the Imput.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:16 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
I would like to have a Super Cub, but wished it had out of the box:

Ailerons
Brushed motor (no gear box)
separate ESC and receiver.

I guess some guys mod it up to do all that, like Ridge.

Blu
Except for the Ailerons, the new Super Cubs are equipped with brushless motors, and separate ECs and rx's!

BTW, ailerons are a snap to put in. I just keep putting it off because I HATE to take a knife to a brand new wing!

Quote:
Thanks Guys. the S-C is awesome. maybe I just had a wrong position at the field, felt pushed to a corner Lol.

It will be a decision I will make sooner or later, as long as it is a right one, and not a wrong one.. thanks for the Imput.
Welcome back to the OTCT, fish-ster!
The Super Cub will be your plane of choice as well - as soon as you have bound it to that beautiful DX6i and maybe even give it a touch of dual rates and about +30 expo!
It'll fly just like a big ol' Champ!

Mac
...sitting here...looking at my Cub, 2 9-gram servos, a Y-harness and an Exacto knife...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:20 PM
My Champ makes birds mad.
Joined Nov 2011
244 Posts
Hey, some good news: My aunt just sent me a REALLY NICE HD video camera, so when the Champ flies again (and the T-28 maidens), I will be able to post a video for you guys.... now I will just have to wait to get to the H/S.
Champflyr is offline Find More Posts by Champflyr
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:24 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
SC Cool!
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thank you Mac, I hear ya on that.

I need to figure that out, on my own. but maybe on a rainy day. tomorrow it wil lrain. I just need to take the time to do it.

Champflyr One should not worry bout the video, but of the flight. so if you want footage just shoot it. once you multi task trouble comes

I always want to do a take off and I always diagnal off screen Lol. Even setting up three cams I always go off screen LOL. And they are all HD cams
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
There She is all redone over.

Lee awhile back we talked about how I gave up on her, and well there she is today all completed. maybe I should get some champ stickers Lol.

Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:42 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
There She is all redone over.

Lee awhile back we talked about how I gave up on her, and well there she is today all completed. maybe I should get some champ stickers Lol.

BEEE-EAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Nice work, Fishy! Love it, man!

Mac
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
I love the paint Job on yours mac, and no way can that ever be duplicated.

a little hard at first, but the buil was easy. I creased the wing by mistake, and poured boiling water, taken the crease out 90%.

Will remaidon one day. wind is present, cold, and rain coming. too cold this weekend.

On the shelf she waits. waiting for a flight. til then there she is.

thought we all have a share at New T28's here
Champflyr, mac and some others Lol.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:10 PM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
937 Posts
Glad you got your new T up and rinning Fish! I purchased 4 5043 props and adapters yest. at the LHS but have'nt had a chance to fly yet. Me and the wife are going out to a play tonight. Next window will be Sat.
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:14 PM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Raptor Vid

Will catch up in a bit the wind stopped so off to fly some more TTYL
This is a great vid
11 Jan 12 Maiden of the RAPTOR.wmv (4 min 58 sec)
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Old Jan 11, 2012, 04:29 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTF Thumper View Post
Will catch up in a bit the wind stopped so off to fly some more TTYL
This is a great vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_zV-jhWpr4
Wow! Way more float ability than I would have expected, but then I did see a real Raptor go vert then hover on top of its updraft for about 30 seconds. The design is just amazing!

Looks great in the sky, Thumper!

Awesome.
5 Korns outa me on that one! The build alone was worth 5!

Mac