HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:17 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
On the subject of spot landings:

Try landing on an exhausted paper towel roll
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_7H8ut02nU

Skip to 1min an watch on from there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSFm32XtalE

Football landing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1zQtIthFsw

Landing in a bath tub without hitting the sides, then landing again on the side of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGlmLgWWVf4

Coffee cup touch and goes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1-1a5vngjI

While im in the video vault I'll share this one again for the new guys. How to easily mod your lights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07nW_b9B5ds
Challenge:
Fly out of a moving airplane and land back in it!!!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:42 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Challenge:
Fly out of a moving airplane and land back in it!!!
I still think Mikes 8ball challenge is awesome!!!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:07 AM
Registered User
DoomsDay's Avatar
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Hey Valiant, you should start making some scale bodies for the mcx2! I really would love to find me a ranger body and maybe an airwolf body for my mcx2. As popular as these ultra micro helis are, you would think there would be some people out there that would be making this stuff. I know MIA has some stuff but not really interested in the ones he has.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:41 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Hey Valiant, you should start making some scale bodies for the mcx2! I really would love to find me a ranger body and maybe an airwolf body for my mcx2. As popular as these ultra micro helis are, you would think there would be some people out there that would be making this stuff. I know MIA has some stuff but not really interested in the ones he has.
not cheap, but people DO make "different" bodies!

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...art/Itemid,43/

or you see what tippitoe (hes a member here) came up with new ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:15 AM
Registered User
DoomsDay's Avatar
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,017 Posts
Yeah, I asked Tippytoe but he doesn't have a ranger or bell 222 body.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:35 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay View Post
Yeah, I asked Tippytoe but he doesn't have a ranger or bell 222 body.
well, this here is for Genius CP or mCPX - so I guess wont help you much either ... but it looks really cool

http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...art/Itemid,43/

and this here says: 4#3B, mCPX, CB100, V120d03 (so I guess no go as well, but the same thing: LOOKS really .)
http://www.heli-scale-quality.com/co...art/Itemid,43/
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:35 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,571 Posts
Am really diggin' that AS 350 Ecureuil body!

Name: 3.jpg
Views: 52
Size: 29.7 KB
Description: Name: 6.jpg
Views: 30
Size: 26.4 KB
Description:
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:03 PM
Registered User
gapi's Avatar
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
418 Posts
Does the Deviation Firmware bind with this heli?
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:22 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
452 Posts
guys i have the scout and want to move up to 4 channel so i think this heli is the best option. im going to get the bnf so i can bind it to my hz champ tx.

i want to get the free shipping so i need $10 more bucks worth of stuff to add to my cart. what should i get in spare parts for the mcx2? willing to spend maybe $110 tops so i just want the essential spare parts
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:36 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
Chompwat's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradymartin View Post
guys i have the scout and want to move up to 4 channel so i think this heli is the best option. im going to get the bnf so i can bind it to my hz champ tx.

i want to get the free shipping so i need $10 more bucks worth of stuff to add to my cart. what should i get in spare parts for the mcx2? willing to spend maybe $110 tops so i just want the essential spare parts
Spare Lipo's. Can't have too many!
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:39 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompwat View Post
Spare Lipo's. Can't have too many!
i have 4 batteries from the champ which i think are the same ones, 150 mah 25C. i get free battery if i buy bnf mcx2 so that makes 6 to total. i think im covered there.
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:57 PM
Tally Ho Chaps!
Chompwat's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Ipswich
Joined Mar 2012
453 Posts
Ok!
What parts are most likely to be damaged!
Blades, shafts!
How about c/f tail boom.
Spares are all pretty inexpensive and there's plenty of choice to bring you up to free postage.
Chompwat is offline Find More Posts by Chompwat
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:30 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,571 Posts
Just before I bought mine, I asked what spares I should grab. I was told by many that I might not need any at all. For the most part, that ended up being true. The only thing I ever broke, and on a regular basis, is the landing skid, which I've now modded to never break again

I did break a flybar but that was my own fault and was inevitable considering what I was doing with the heli at the time.

I did buy the CF Tail Boom right from the get go (you might develop a tail vibration with it on, but that's an entire discussion in itself). One of its benefits is it will keep your motors cooler.
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:47 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_of_49 View Post
Just before I bought mine, I asked what spares I should grab. I was told by many that I might not need any at all. For the most part, that ended up being true. The only thing I ever broke, and on a regular basis, is the landing skid, which I've now modded to never break again

I did break a flybar but that was my own fault and was inevitable considering what I was doing with the heli at the time.

I did buy the CF Tail Boom right from the get go (you might develop a tail vibration with it on, but that's an entire discussion in itself). One of its benefits is it will keep your motors cooler.
Best way to keep flybars from breaking is to take the little screw out on the inner shaft the holds the flybar and throw it away.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:59 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
North_of_49's Avatar
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2011
7,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Best way to keep flybars from breaking is to take the little screw out on the inner shaft the holds the flybar and throw it away.
Not sure what does, Jake, but I whacked mine full throttle into something while flying somewhere where I didn't have line of sight of the heli... shattered it throwing one of the weights clear across the room. I'm pretty sure nothing would/could have prevented it

Don't fly your heli where you lose sight of it
North_of_49 is online now Find More Posts by North_of_49
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DX9 HobbyZone Champ RUD>AIL Mix
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Eflite Blade MSR Plus 2.4ghz Eflite Transmitter soaringcam Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 4 Apr 07, 2010 11:27 AM
Sold EFLITE BLADE MSR+BLADE 400+DX6i dhmojo Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Mar 29, 2010 11:38 PM
Sold Blade MCX2 LNIB mgroves Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Mar 23, 2010 12:17 PM
For Sale Trade, eflite blades for eflite blades....Sell Blade CP Pro NIB with extras. kdill2160 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Sep 02, 2006 10:28 AM
Alert Eflite Blade CX - 2nd Eflite heli jschenck Coaxial Helicopters 26 Oct 24, 2005 02:48 AM