New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2016, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by meriachee
Joined Aug 2015
18 Posts
Discussion
Tarot flight controller wont arm

Mounted the Tarot ZYX-M as per the instructions, cabled it per the instructions, including the GPS module to the mast.
Connected the usb connector to the pc and fired up the interface, set everything up with the DX8 and properly bound satellite receiver.
EVERYTHING works in the interface.
EVERYTHING calibrated properly, including setting the proper switches to put it into gps calibration mode, I see the led do what the docs say, and seems to be fine.
Sticks move in the interface, and through the interface the motors test just fine, and spin in the right direction.
Restart by unplug power, restart the DX8, THEN plug in the ZYX-M, it sees satellites, switches modes just fine and won't arm.
None of the FOUR combinations will arm it. I even set the idle motor speed to each of the 5 settings and repeated the process just for giggles.
Each time, going back to the interface to verify that the motor test works on all four.

Ideas?
meriachee is offline Find More Posts by meriachee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2016, 02:00 PM
XB
Find More Posts by XB
XB
Going INTO the Wind
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jun 2014
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meriachee View Post
Mounted the Tarot ZYX-M as per the instructions, cabled it per the instructions, including the GPS module to the mast.
Connected the usb connector to the pc and fired up the interface, set everything up with the DX8 and properly bound satellite receiver.
EVERYTHING works in the interface.
EVERYTHING calibrated properly, including setting the proper switches to put it into gps calibration mode, I see the led do what the docs say, and seems to be fine.
Sticks move in the interface, and through the interface the motors test just fine, and spin in the right direction.
Restart by unplug power, restart the DX8, THEN plug in the ZYX-M, it sees satellites, switches modes just fine and won't arm.
None of the FOUR combinations will arm it. I even set the idle motor speed to each of the 5 settings and repeated the process just for giggles.
Each time, going back to the interface to verify that the motor test works on all four.

Ideas?

Any luck yet?
I'm putting one together now and am at the same place you are as of this morning.
so far the road blocks have been inexperience with this FC.
it is a new learning ladder for me with this one..
one of my issues is clearing my mind of the Naza and APM FC config settings n my head.
its' a plus I know those, but somewhat a curse too.
there has to be a simple adjustment for this.
we'll get it!
until then, read, think, adjust and learn...

there is a guru on this here D Dale: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...s#post34054788
D Dale knows his stuff...
here is one his youtubes on this
Tarot ZYX-M 25 Multi Rotor Software setup and Stick Calibration DJI F550 (10 min 17 sec)

I added my osd to see the fC info. I'm getting odd gps readings.
they have showed zero and as many as 12 at one point and still wouldn't arm (all inside).
I just put it on my patio to see if its any better.
I don't know enough about these to have an opinion...
XB is offline Find More Posts by XB