Old Sep 03, 2015, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by leadpan
United States, CA, Eastvale
Joined Sep 2007
857 Posts
Help!
stab holes in fuselage uneven

Hope this is correct forum to ask.
I got this balsa ARF kit and all looks okay except the holes for stab on fuselage is uneven.
Can this be fixed? Do I use an Xacto knife to cut bigger hole on one side? Or do I Dremel the hole?
leadpan is offline Find More Posts by leadpan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2015, 11:52 AM
Find More Posts by davidmc36
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
5,266 Posts
Kinda looks like the whole tail may be twisted. Loos like the horizontal stab and fin are square to each other.

Can you heat the covering while twisting the tail in opposite direction and see if it straightens it out? Twist it opposite direction past square by about the same amount it is out. Let cool while holding it this way.
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Sep 03, 2015, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by leadpan
United States, CA, Eastvale
Joined Sep 2007
857 Posts
I'll try that tonight.
Thanks for that idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Kinda looks like the whole tail may be twisted. Loos like the horizontal stab and fin are square to each other.

Can you heat the covering while twisting the tail in opposite direction and see if it straightens it out? Twist it opposite direction past square by about the same amount it is out. Let cool while holding it this way.
leadpan is offline Find More Posts by leadpan