nac
Find More Posts by nac
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
964 Posts
New Product
EPP Bi-plane DW PITTS from Dancing Wings Hobby

If you like EPP and you like bi-planes this plane may be for you!

http://www.dwhobby.com/airplanes/epp...-dw-pitts.html

Wingspan: 850mm (33.46")
Length: 680mm (26.77")
Flying Weight: ≈700g

Suggested Equipment:
Motor: 2830 1050kv
ESC: 20A
Servo: 9g*4
Propeller: APC 9-10 inch
BATT: 3S 1500-2200mAh
Radio: more than 4CH

The build was easy without any major issues.

My kit was damaged in shipping but I managed to repair it.

I would suggest that this plane would be a good fit for an intermediate pilot progressing from a trainer. It's not a 3D plane but is still fun to fly and looks nice up in the sky.

I flew mine with a 1250mAh battery which was way too light and it was very tail heavy, so with the recommended battery it should balance easily.

I few areas to watch out for are the location of the tail servos, they are hidden under the wing so make sure you setup correctly before attaching the wing.
And I found that the ailerons could do with a bit more authority, so perhaps consider increasing throws using longer servo extension arms or perhaps adding extra ailerons to the upper wing and linking them to the lower wing.

Here is a video of the maiden flight.
Dancing Wings Pitts (3 min 56 sec)
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2015, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by DW Hobby
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
147 Posts
Nick

Thanks for your post here.

Why nobody come in for discussing?
DW Hobby is offline Find More Posts by DW Hobby
Old May 21, 2015, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by wattman
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,183 Posts
It looks great , WHERE can I buy this in the USA ? Thanks
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
RCG Plus Member
Old May 22, 2015, 03:37 AM
Find More Posts by DW Hobby
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
It looks great , WHERE can I buy this in the USA ? Thanks

It's a new plane,there's still no supplier in USA

But you could buy online Aliexpress,see the link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...348200545.html
DW Hobby is offline Find More Posts by DW Hobby
Old Nov 14, 2015, 02:34 PM
Find More Posts by Dynascrew
Joined Aug 2012
92 Posts
unbuilt fuselage

I bought mine from Hobby King in October 2015. Although I only see the fuselage pre-built in pics and the DW manual shows it as pre-built, the HK kit is NOT a pre-built fuselage. One must figure out the plywood frame pieces and the EPP skin and how to fit them all together. A build manual that shows fuselage construction should be included. I'm guessing HK wanted a lower price and ordered kits fully-unbuilt? How did HK and DW miss this?
Ps. Tiny wheels in narrow ply legs. I built 5" wheels of 9mm black EPP to run inside the legs.
Dynascrew is offline Find More Posts by Dynascrew
Old Feb 13, 2016, 06:46 AM
MK
Find More Posts by MK
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
2,245 Posts
Does this come with servos, motor, ESC? The picture on HK's shows it does as well as the picture posted by Nick above. However, the description on HK's website conflict with the picture. It says that servos, motor and ESC are required.

I chatted with HK and they said it might be a mistake but couldn't check as the representative was not in the warehouse. The East warehouse currently has it for sale (about 50% off) but I think no one is buying it due to the incorrect (maybe?) description.

Original price is $80. I can't imagine a simple airframe from HK will go for that much without the electronics.

Can anyone confirm if it comes with servos, motor and ESC? If it does, that would be a great sale price and I might pick one up to mess around with.
MK is offline Find More Posts by MK
Old Feb 15, 2016, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by BobFlyer
Panama City Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2002
740 Posts
Dancing Pitts

I just purchased the Dancing Pitts (similar to Dancing Poke extra wing) of dw hobby this past week during the sale, shipment was fast from HK and it arrived in three days AR to NW FL Fed Ex.

The Kit does not contain any electronics. You need to supply your own, motor 2830 1100kv plus minus, esc, 4 -9g servo's RX

However, the sale price was very good, about 30 dollars. Kit is very nice, all cut with laser, fuselage frame is tab construction and align very good, epp is cut clean. Even includes glue and the recommended prop for motor.

The photo on HK shows the fuselage assembled, it is not, but easy to put together, no instructions on fuselage in box, however, Janny of DWHobby sent me how the fuse goes together, very good of him and quick response. Instructions are two pages both sides, photos. An experienced builder will not have any issues.

I have the fuselage built, and hope to do some more on it today.

Regards BobFlyer
BobFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BobFlyer
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:00 AM
MK
Find More Posts by MK
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
2,245 Posts
Thanks Bob! I get my questions answered quicker here than my e-mail to HK Customer Support! LOL!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:56 AM
Find More Posts by BobFlyer
Panama City Beach, FL.
Joined Aug 2002
740 Posts
I was looking at my box of the Dancing Pitts, and it has four options.
Kit this is mine
Kit with Motor
Kit with Motor and ESC
Kit with Motor, ESC, and servo's

So maybe HK has different offerings, but the one I purchased defined the Kit and in the description indicated I needed Motor,ESC,Servos.

BobFlyer
BobFlyer is offline Find More Posts by BobFlyer
Old Feb 15, 2016, 01:10 PM
MK
Find More Posts by MK
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
2,245 Posts
HK's description also said that you will need motor, ESC and servos. Yet they have a picture that shows all the parts broken out and shows motor, ESC and servos. When I chatted with a rep over the weekend, they said it may be a mistake on the description but to e-mail customer support just to make sure since he/she doesn't have access to the warehouse to check what's actually in the box.

They (HK) also listed the same thing on eBay with the same description (no motor, ESC, servos) but showed a picture with everything in it. Pretty confusing! They should just leave that last picture out.

The review of the plane here in RCGroups also shows all the electronics and the reviewer never mentioned the various flavors of the kit.

Thanks for clarifying though! Much appreciated.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:53 PM
Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
4,936 Posts
Check out my review here.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A bit about me
Old Apr 15, 2016, 02:46 AM
Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
4,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nac View Post
If you like EPP and you like bi-planes this plane may be for you!

I few areas to watch out for are the location of the tail servos, they are hidden under the wing so make sure you setup correctly before attaching the wing.
You must have mounted your servos upside down. They are easily accessible from the cockpit as that is where they are meant to go. On top, not underneath.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A bit about me