nac
Find More Posts by nac
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
959 Posts
New Product
EPP Bi-plane DW PITTS from Dancing Wings Hobby

If you like EPP and you like bi-planes this plane may be for you!

http://www.dwhobby.com/airplanes/epp...-dw-pitts.html

Wingspan: 850mm (33.46")
Length: 680mm (26.77")
Flying Weight: ≈700g

Suggested Equipment:
Motor: 2830 1050kv
ESC: 20A
Servo: 9g*4
Propeller: APC 9-10 inch
BATT: 3S 1500-2200mAh
Radio: more than 4CH

The build was easy without any major issues.

My kit was damaged in shipping but I managed to repair it.

I would suggest that this plane would be a good fit for an intermediate pilot progressing from a trainer. It's not a 3D plane but is still fun to fly and looks nice up in the sky.

I flew mine with a 1250mAh battery which was way too light and it was very tail heavy, so with the recommended battery it should balance easily.

I few areas to watch out for are the location of the tail servos, they are hidden under the wing so make sure you setup correctly before attaching the wing.
And I found that the ailerons could do with a bit more authority, so perhaps consider increasing throws using longer servo extension arms or perhaps adding extra ailerons to the upper wing and linking them to the lower wing.

Here is a video of the maiden flight.
Dancing Wings Pitts (3 min 56 sec)
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2015, 02:33 AM
Find More Posts by DW Hobby
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
134 Posts
Nick

Thanks for your post here.

Why nobody come in for discussing?
DW Hobby is offline Find More Posts by DW Hobby
Old May 21, 2015, 10:07 AM
Find More Posts by wattman
Evansville Dress Reg., Indiana, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,156 Posts
It looks great , WHERE can I buy this in the USA ? Thanks
wattman is offline Find More Posts by wattman
Old May 22, 2015, 04:37 AM
Find More Posts by DW Hobby
China, Hubei, Wuhan
Joined Jul 2013
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wattman View Post
It looks great , WHERE can I buy this in the USA ? Thanks

It's a new plane,there's still no supplier in USA

But you could buy online Aliexpress,see the link:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...348200545.html
DW Hobby is offline Find More Posts by DW Hobby
Old Nov 14, 2015, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by Dynascrew
Joined Aug 2012
68 Posts
unbuilt fuselage

I bought mine from Hobby King in October 2015. Although I only see the fuselage pre-built in pics and the DW manual shows it as pre-built, the HK kit is NOT a pre-built fuselage. One must figure out the plywood frame pieces and the EPP skin and how to fit them all together. A build manual that shows fuselage construction should be included. I'm guessing HK wanted a lower price and ordered kits fully-unbuilt? How did HK and DW miss this?
Ps. Tiny wheels in narrow ply legs. I built 5" wheels of 9mm black EPP to run inside the legs.
Dynascrew is offline Find More Posts by Dynascrew
Old Today, 07:46 AM
MK
Find More Posts by MK
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
2,009 Posts
Does this come with servos, motor, ESC? The picture on HK's shows it does as well as the picture posted by Nick above. However, the description on HK's website conflict with the picture. It says that servos, motor and ESC are required.

I chatted with HK and they said it might be a mistake but couldn't check as the representative was not in the warehouse. The East warehouse currently has it for sale (about 50% off) but I think no one is buying it due to the incorrect (maybe?) description.

Original price is $80. I can't imagine a simple airframe from HK will go for that much without the electronics.

Can anyone confirm if it comes with servos, motor and ESC? If it does, that would be a great sale price and I might pick one up to mess around with.
MK is online now Find More Posts by MK