New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 22, 2015, 08:56 AM
Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
540 Posts
Rant
UAV Objects ( uavobjects.com ) interrogations?

Hello,

I recently purchased a Trooper Q700 from RCTimer and while there, I noticed they had a U.S. Distributer ( uavobjects.com ) and thought I would check them out. their prices on some things were lower so on April 19th. I created an account. The propellers I needed were cheaper at the U.S. warehouse and the 433Mhz transmitter module I was thinking about getting was too. I noticed that they offer free priority shipping on orders over $100 but the propellers I wanted were not in stock so I thought I would wait until they were back in stock to place my big order and get the free priority shipping.

The next day ( April 20th. ), I came into work and checked my e-mail and noticed my account at uavobjects.com was denied. I work overseas and many times the I.P. addresses from the computers I use put up red flags to businesses and other online merchants. To me it's like electronic segregation, It shouldn't matter where I am to accept me as a customer but I am used to it and thought that was the issue in this case.

I sent a reply to the account denial e-mail stating that I guess they don't support veterans working overseas and that the server I used actually had a California I.P. address. I thought O.K., If it wasn't an I.P. address issue then why was my account denied?. I get a reply stating it was suspicious to open an account and not place an order, Then to verify I am overseas by asking me to give him my MOS ( Military Occupational Specialty ) and unit I work for, Really?, I have to pass the interrogation to have an account with uavobjects.com ?.

When I was in the Army, I was a 96U ( Shadow 200, UAV Operator ) and when I got out, I became a UAV Operator on the Hunter M-Q5B. I have spent nearly 8 years of my life since my first deployment in Aug. 2005 overseas. I have been in the hobby of flying model aircraft for over 20 years and this is the first time I have ever been interrogated by a merchant.

Listed below are all the e-mails, To and from Kendall Wells at uavobjects.com.
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2015, 09:05 AM
Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Build,Fly,Crash,Repeat
Michigan
Joined Nov 2007
540 Posts
Oh, in Kendall's third reply, He states "When challenged, You change your story". When was I challenged?, What story?, Anyhow, I won't be supporting uavobjects.com EVER!!!

GG
Gadget-Geek is offline Find More Posts by Gadget-Geek
Old Apr 23, 2015, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by theIrish1
Joined Dec 2013
67 Posts
Par for the course with this guy unfortunately.
theIrish1 is online now Find More Posts by theIrish1