SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 17, 2015, 02:42 PM
Find More Posts by jeno
United States, ME, Bar Harbor
Joined Sep 2005
509 Posts
Discussion
H & R Products

Has anyone done any business with this vendor lately, ie the last 3 months or so?
I hate the thought of having to eat some of my earlier words about this company, but having placed an order 3 months ago and not having had any contact from them, I am concerned. I have reached out twice, with no reply.
Has anyone any insight or better luck?
jeno is online now Find More Posts by jeno
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2015, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by CaptCB
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
2,462 Posts
Based on how things have been for quite a few YEARS, I do not anyone, that is currently dealing with them. As you never know, if, or when, an order will be filled. And then, what the parts will look like. I USED to love there products. They were the answer for PT Boat building.
CaptCB is offline Find More Posts by CaptCB
Old Apr 17, 2015, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,896 Posts
I have an order that is more than a month old, but the order form said 6 to 8 weeks. So for now, I will try to maintain my "half full" (glass) outlook.

Pete G
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Apr 17, 2015, 05:55 PM
Find More Posts by tghsmith
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,975 Posts
the owners mother passed in feb, but some orders have been filled, then again you might look at this depending on what you need.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Howard-Enter...item4d30d58d00
tghsmith is online now Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Apr 17, 2015, 06:40 PM
Find More Posts by jeno
United States, ME, Bar Harbor
Joined Sep 2005
509 Posts
Well the owner's mother passing explains alot. I understand how much a parent's passing can take out of one. I wish them the best.
Thanks for the link, but my order was for something else entirely.
jeno is online now Find More Posts by jeno
Old Apr 17, 2015, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2002
3,896 Posts
Luckily, I am nowhere near needing the parts I ordered. Still working on establishing a place to put them. Progress is good, however. I have a "hole" in my workroom almost big enough to fit my new workbench.

Pete G
P_J_Glor is online now Find More Posts by P_J_Glor
Old Apr 19, 2015, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by PTSkipper
Joined Oct 2014
70 Posts
I have they sent my money back. They said the mold were old and they failed. The order was placed in Dec 2014. I have sent emails to them and they have not answered backed
PTSkipper is offline Find More Posts by PTSkipper
Old Apr 19, 2015, 02:44 PM
Find More Posts by Harquebus
I see all your typos
South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan-si
Joined Jan 2006
1,302 Posts
This is unfortunate news if it continues as such. I recall the long wait times that seemed to have gotten longer over the years (and this is when web commerce was still in its infancy). The fittings I got in my initial order were decent with little flash or defects but I shudder at the thought of how the quality is now, not that I'm averse to cleaning up fittings, mind you.

I had good customer service afterwards when I inquired about assembly instruction and the owner/operator happily supplied a hand-illustrated diagram.
Harquebus is offline Find More Posts by Harquebus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Altering the Tug Hull