HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2014, 04:33 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2014
31 Posts
Help!
Different kind of prop clearance issues

So I recently got a motor upgrade on my quad. The frame is a Hobbyking HK650.

My new motors are more pancake style than previous ones I've had and I am planning to use T-motor style props.

The distance between prop tips will be fine, but if you look at, or are familiar with, the frame, the motor mount is sort of 'recessed' down causing clearance issues between the bottom of the prop and the top of the arm. I don't have the props yet, but I estimate around or less than 1/4" of clearance between them.

Is this going to be an issue? I can see how this could affect performance, but I wanted to get a second opinion.

Alternatively, could there be an issue flipping the motor mounts upside-down and mounting the motors that way, to put them higher up and out of the way of the arm?

Thank you in advance!
Nicolaib211v is offline Find More Posts by Nicolaib211v
to remove ads between posts