HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2013, 06:05 PM
Learning more each day....
United States, RI, Portsmouth
Joined Nov 2012
715 Posts
Question
Large Landing gear/pod for Phantom - what to build it from?

I don't know what to search for if this has been already answered - but if I was to build a very large (and light) landing gear for a mid-sized quadcopter, what would be the best material and process?

This would be lifted by the quadcopter and then allow the quad to land on top of something with this frame surrounding the item - like straddle a small bush or even land on top of small air compressor on a flat roof with the frame straddling the sides.

The frame I am thinking about would have to be about about 24x48 inches with legs about 12 inches high.

I'm a newbie at this stuff, but also an inventor and experienced in carpentry, metal, etc. - but know little about FG or carbon fiber. Could CF be heated and bent to make the legs and frame, or does it only cut and glue?

Any hints on which directly to go would be appreciated. I calculated the weight made out of thin aluminum and it would be too heavy. It doesn't have to support anything except itself and the quad.
craigiri is offline Find More Posts by craigiri
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts