SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:44 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
Yeah, right now I have the 4 240 packs. Think I will order either some 300 or 350 packs for a little extra flight time. Do the 350's fit a little tighter? The 240's seem to be a hair loose sometimes.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:42 AM
Joined Jul 2012
2 Posts
if you want to wait three months for a quadcopter form banggood.com then it a good place to buy one
chris18896 is offline Find More Posts by chris18896
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:48 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
I don't know where you get three months from no one on RCG has ever reported waiting that length of time for their order to arrive.

The longest time I have had to wait for an order from Banggood was five weeks and it is generally shorter than that at around three weeks.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Last edited by scotsoft; Oct 03, 2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:55 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris18896 View Post
if you want to wait three months for a quadcopter form banggood.com then it a good place to buy one
Hmmm, first post.

I waited 10 working days for more order. I'm not saying every order takes that long, that would be stupid of me.

Anyway, the facts are that the vast majority of orders don't take as long as you say. I fact, far from it.

Please be factual when posting on RCG. You help no one by over stating problems.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:12 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
2 weeks usually. Well if you are in a hurry...
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:41 AM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
maybe he had preordered one of the quads? it seems like at times they've been a little misleading as to when a particular quad would actually become available in stock, even if the manufacturer is delaying the release (a la v939)

I've learned this by dealing with banggood, but if I'd never with them before I might be left frustrated

that combined with a month shipping could've seemed like months? I dunno not the most detailed first post

jlcamp7, the 350mah fits a tad more snug. you could always add a bit of tape on your 240mah packs to make them a bit more snug too. personally I think the 300mah packs are the best balance for flight time and performance. I know Hyperion makes a 320mah pack that would probably be the sweet, but you'd have to solder the connector wires on and add some shrink wrap casing or that tape... hmm...
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Oct 03, 2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:16 AM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
going on 3 weeks now for my propellers from banggood and thats all I ordered, but I am used to waiting its no big deal (I order a lot from DX)

I have learned that instant gratification is not all its cracked up to be. I satisfy my cravings by making lots of "little" orders from DX so every week "SOMETHING" is coming in from them :-)
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:15 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
personally I think the 300mah packs are the best balance for flight time and performance.
Are these the minipet/x100 packs that you are talking about?
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:18 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Are these the minipet/x100 packs that you are talking about?
Yep.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:00 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
Thanks

Here are a few pics of what I did with the ladybird canopy. Just heated a little metal rod, poked a few holes, sprayed flat black and then added a little strip of thin clear plastic on the inside with tape.

I think it looks much better and the canopy is so tiny it took very little paint, so I wouldn't think the wait gain would be much. I really need to invest in a scale like many others have on here.

The lines of the head and wings are still there but don't look bad. However, for someone that has the minipet, can you confirm whether or not it has any divots/lines in the canopy or is it just smooth all the way around? (edit: nevermind found closeups on BG) If so I might pick up one of those instead when I order the 300mah lipo's and also am probably going to pick up a v929 canopy and do the same look for my mqx.
Last edited by jlcamp7; Oct 03, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:09 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Draw some white lines over the black canopy, and you'll have a X4. Well, sort of.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:35 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
this is another option for 300mah packs
http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace30...battery-1.aspx

a little more expensive, but they are located in the US (CA) so you won't have as long of a wait.
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:05 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
this is another option for 300mah packs
http://www.wowhobbies.com/turboace30...battery-1.aspx

a little more expensive, but they are located in the US (CA) so you won't have as long of a wait.
Wish I would have bought them when I bought the 240 packs from wowhobbies. Would have saved on shipping.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:33 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,332 Posts
Okay, not trying to post every 10 minutes today, but I just got in from an outdoor flight in 3 axis mode. This thing is scary fun! I was grinning from ear to ear after doing some flips and rolls. This has to be the best $70 I've ever spent period! And I apologize for those of you who have ordered and haven't received there's yet. I promise I'm not hyping it up. This thing is just insanely fun. There was probably 7-8 mph winds and it barely even noticed them. This one will stay in my stable for a long, long, long time. The flips and rolls are so quick and responsive it's unbelievable. after flying the mqx which takes a little work to make a flip look graceful, I was overthinking the first flip, but then when I saw how quick and precise it was I was almost giggling (sorry just lost my man card on that one. ).

I actually think the flat black canopy helped very much, because it caused the orange blades to pop out more so when I had it pretty far out, the orange blades really stuck out and I could keep a pretty good eye on orientation.

If I were stranded on a island and could only have two aircraft with me it would be this and my v2 beast. They're both keepers in my book. There are some aircraft no matter how technology advances over the next few years they're just so good that it doesn't seem technological advances will change enough to really improve on it. That's the way I feel about the beast and the way I feel about this little quad.

I guess the only thing that could get more awesome would be a variable pitch quad in this size, but we won't get back into that discussion on this thread again.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:54 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Beautiful Job! The black looks awesome with the lights! I have a v1 ladybird on my xmas list I hope I get it!..lol
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc