SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:24 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2008
392 Posts
Does anyone know if a stock mcpx v2 would bind with a dsmx radio? Thanks.
Tom_1971 is offline Find More Posts by Tom_1971
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:48 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_1971 View Post
Yep
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:37 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
Thanks for the pic.....but
Since I do not own or have seen a solo pro, I'm still having a hard time making this out.
From HK site, it almost looks like the battery has male pins. The plug on the MCPX heli has male pins. How do these make a good connection, or does the solo pro battery have female pins and the picture looks like males.....

There are 35C cells like I use, for the solo pro and only $1.82 ea.....
The ends on the solo pro packs are the same as the ends on the regular mcpx packs, it just has a wire coming off the pack. They plug in the same and fit perfectly once you trim the tabs.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
Fighting Gravity
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
I see it now.
What I thought I was seeing as pins, looks to be 2 holes in the tab to lock the the plugs together....
elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:30 AM
Beating air into submission!
Joined Aug 2011
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_1971 View Post
Yea it will, binds to my Dx8 without any problems. Just make sure the TX is at least a metre away from the heli when you bind.
GrahamWilson is offline Find More Posts by GrahamWilson
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:27 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
KBDD was very generous to me and to make a long story short, I have a spare set of new in the package KBDD neon orange mcpx tail blades. First person to ask for them gets them shipped free of charge.

Oh and those custom canopies are awesome!
Got the blades today, look great. These are pretty nice parts, I will have to see what else KBDD has to offer.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:00 AM
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Aug 2010
129 Posts
I finally chipped my last set of stock blades and stopped by my LHS and picked up a set of KBDD blades. I put them on last night and now I will not go back to the stock ones. Very smooth and the heli seems both more stable and responsive. And I thought people were using them just because of the cool colors.
winginman is offline Find More Posts by winginman
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winginman View Post
I finally chipped my last set of stock blades and stopped by my LHS and picked up a set of KBDD blades. I put them on last night and now I will not go back to the stock ones. Very smooth and the heli seems both more stable and responsive. And I thought people were using them just because of the cool colors.
I've gone back and forth between KBDD and bullets. I always end up back with eflite bullets though.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:24 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I broke my tail boom right where it enters the chassis. So, I carefully trimmed away the 1/2 inch or so of splintered carbon fiber and reinstalled the boom, looks ok but it is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch shorter. What negative effects will this have if any? The shorter tail boom?
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Last edited by stuball56; Nov 29, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:02 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
I broke my tail boom right where it enters the chassis. So, I carefully trimmed away the 1/2 inch or so of splintered carbon fiber and reinstalled the boom, looks ok but it is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch shorter. What negative effects will this have if any? The shorter tail boom?
the tail my not hold as good due to having less leverage
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:48 PM
REYNALDO
Cyprus, Nicosia
Joined Dec 2011
246 Posts
pimped mcpx, just boring the stock canopy and i put it back this lovely one for me
rynldgalano is offline Find More Posts by rynldgalano
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:19 PM
United States, RI, Smithfield
Joined Dec 2011
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129 View Post
the tail my not hold as good due to having less leverage
Agreed, depending on how you are flying it, the MCPX already has a tendency to blow the tail out, and a shorter boom will only be worse.

Tom
d2tw4all is offline Find More Posts by d2tw4all
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:43 PM
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,232 Posts
Damm TOYS!!

OK, so lets be straight, this is a toy, NOT a real RC helicopter, period!!
I own and fly real RC helicopters, like my Trex 500 and FBL 450. I spent years flying Vario, Kalt, Hirobo and Schlüter so I know what I am talking about.

I also own a toy MCPX, a toy Nano CPX and a toy MQX, none of which are worthy of my flying them

Why then, have my 'real' helys got a thick layer of dust over them and my 'toys' are getting the C*** flown out of them???

Had an hour this afternoon to grab a couple of quick flights and had to choose what to take, guess what went into the car?? Driving up to the field I got to thinking about what I had chosen and why and I guess that I now have to face facts and accept that I have more fun throwing my toys around than I do flying the bigger stuff.

Am I abnormal???

PS:- I am going to double (tripple) post this as it applies to a couple of models sorry to the Admin.
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:02 PM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
OK, so lets be straight, this is a toy, NOT a real RC helicopter, period!!
I own and fly real RC helicopters, like my Trex 500 and FBL 450. I spent years flying Vario, Kalt, Hirobo and Schlüter so I know what I am talking about.

I also own a toy MCPX, a toy Nano CPX and a toy MQX, none of which are worthy of my flying them

Why then, have my 'real' helys got a thick layer of dust over them and my 'toys' are getting the C*** flown out of them???

Had an hour this afternoon to grab a couple of quick flights and had to choose what to take, guess what went into the car?? Driving up to the field I got to thinking about what I had chosen and why and I guess that I now have to face facts and accept that I have more fun throwing my toys around than I do flying the bigger stuff.

Am I abnormal???

PS:- I am going to double (tripple) post this as it applies to a couple of models sorry to the Admin.
No, not abnormal! These little guys just have a different pucker factor I use to fly with the big boys and have just totally downsized them all! Tired of spending piles of cash on bs upgrades and electronic governers!
HyperHelis is online now Find More Posts by HyperHelis
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:07 PM
Scammers need to go!
Slidell, La
Joined Oct 2006
1,456 Posts
I finally got rid of my arrma raider only to aquire a nice little bnf blade 130x with some micro heli upgrades. It was an excellent trade but I still think that i'd rather have the mcpx v2 with the kbdd stuff! The 130x is still just to big for what I want. The mcpx has what, a 3rd of the parts over the 130x and will go along in my little 8' pop-up camper really nice without taking up to much space. What do you guys think? The 130x should be here today.
HyperHelis is online now Find More Posts by HyperHelis