SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2010, 04:13 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
782 Posts
New Product
Tired of paying almost $2000 for a competition model? We have a solution! The Vulture

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know about a new product we are bringing in and some special deals we have. The Vulture is a new F3J model that we tested and gave the Skip Miller Models seal of approval. Take a look at it here: http://www.skipmillermodels.com/Prod...ctCode=Vulture

The model is just awesome! it is always risky bringing in low price range models as we are not sure how much work they will take to get our approval to release to the public, but the Vulture has surpasses all of our expectations. The quality is great and the model flies awesome. We have finally bridged to gap between price point a competition models.

We are going to be offering the Vulture at the normal everyday price of $1199, but we want to get a few out there. So we are offering the Vulture at $999 for the first 5 people that want the plane. We only ask that you either do a build thread, a review, or just give some flight reports on the model. We have already tested the first model, and have made the changes needed to make is a successful model so we just need to get a few out there.

Let me know if you are interested getting this killer deal. You can give us a call, email, or just order on the website.

Cody
cody303 is offline Find More Posts by cody303
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2010, 08:57 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,927 Posts
Great News Cody!!!!! So can We expect you and Skip to be flying Vultures at the Masters Tounament ??????
Larry Jolly is online now Find More Posts by Larry Jolly
Old Aug 26, 2010, 09:00 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
782 Posts
I will have "mine" or really the companies at the masters and might be flying it. But Skip will have to beg me to fly it ;-) I am very impressed with it so far. Its funny i have not let any other plane rip the Espada RL out of my hand, and a $1000 model may be the first to do it...

Cody
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:06 PM
Murfreesboro
Joined Jun 2009
300 Posts
One or two-piece V? Mediocre or just marginal tail sizing? Have any regular Joe's flown it?

To be truthful I haven't seen that you need to pay anywhere 2K for a really great moldie, Soaring USA has;

X-Pro $1099
Onyx-JW $1199
Shadow $1199
Sharon Pro $1199
Stork 4 $1199
and WC winner Xplorer at $1499.

All cross tails. Just sayin'.......
fishfingers is offline Find More Posts by fishfingers
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:17 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
782 Posts
Hey Fishingfingers,

It is a 2 piece removable v-tail, and it is deigned right. The tail is over sized and has plenty of control throw and very stable flight characteristic. But you might notice that all of the models on that list are either outdated hence the lower price, or not competitive. Everything except the Xplorer which is a very competitive model, but it was actually a v-tail version that won the worlds and why pay $500 more when you don't have too?

Cody
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:22 PM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Mar 2007
1,372 Posts
Looks good Cody, let us know how it flies. There will always be a time and place for more cost effective models. Is a less expensive model any less fun to fly?

Keep up the good work!!!

D
Daryl Perkins is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Perkins
Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:57 PM
Joined Aug 2005
165 Posts
Thanks to Skip and Cody for offering what I hear from my friends in Colorado to be a very fine model. I look forward to seeing the Vulture and perhaps flying one when I come up on the 14th of September.
Tom Gressman is offline Find More Posts by Tom Gressman
Old Aug 27, 2010, 02:56 AM
Flightcomp.com
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Apr 2006
1,719 Posts
looks great, who makes it? Is it from RCCMR? Or whatever that chinese company is?
ak79 is online now Find More Posts by ak79
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2010, 08:50 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,545 Posts
Hi Cody,
looks good
I didn't see you on the list for Soar Utah?

Would be a good place for a promo Video, even it's not a F ship.

Cheers
Thomas
wakumann is online now Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:21 AM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak79 View Post
looks great, who makes it? Is it from RCCMR? Or whatever that chinese company is?
Hi ak79,

No, it is not a Chinese model, the Chinese have a long way to go before they will be able to make a competitive F3J model. This is a new manufacture in Bulgaria.

Cody
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2010, 09:23 AM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakumann View Post
Hi Cody,
looks good
I didn't see you on the list for Soar Utah?

Would be a good place for a promo Video, even it's not a F ship.

Cheers
Thomas
Hey Thomas,

I am not sure if i am going to Soar Utah or not yet. I need to decide soon though.

Cody
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:32 AM
USA, KS, Wichita
Joined Sep 2002
1,130 Posts
Hey Cody,

If you do not find enough guys to buy and build one of these you are welcome to send me one and I will do a build log and review for you and then make comparisons to my Satoris and Orca. I know it would be a tough job, but hey someone has to do it. BTW, the plane looks great.

See Ya,

Pat
pmccleave is offline Find More Posts by pmccleave
Old Aug 27, 2010, 05:47 PM
Denver
Joined Mar 2006
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfingers View Post
One or two-piece V? Mediocre or just marginal tail sizing? Have any regular Joe's flown it?

To be truthful I haven't seen that you need to pay anywhere 2K for a really great moldie, Soaring USA has;

X-Pro $1099
Onyx-JW $1199
Shadow $1199
Sharon Pro $1199
Stork 4 $1199
and WC winner Xplorer at $1499.

All cross tails. Just sayin'.......
I'm a regular Joe (regular Bob actually) I'll try to fly it soon and give you my opinion.
Bobalew is offline Find More Posts by Bobalew
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:57 AM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Sep 2008
2,511 Posts
That looks very nice... Whats the all up weight RTF ?
AlpineDSacro is offline Find More Posts by AlpineDSacro
Old Aug 28, 2010, 11:28 AM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Nov 2003
782 Posts
The Prototype was around 77 ounces, but the production models will be around 74-75 ounces for a normal all around strength.

Cody
Site Sponsor