HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:08 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,782 Posts
Question
Flysky Er9X with Spektrum Module

Anyone ever get a Flysky Er9X with Spektrum Module to work with mcpx or other e-flite/blade bnf models? Last time I tried it didn't work at all. Could bind the tx but the settings never yielded a good result as far as control.
Wingbreaker is online now Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Nov 13, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:10 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,773 Posts
JR module? Do you mean Spektrum?
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:25 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
JR module? Do you mean Spektrum?
yeah sorry typo
Old Nov 13, 2012, 07:36 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
Anyone ever get a Flysky Er9X with Spektrum Module to work with mcpx or other e-flite/blade bnf models? Last time I tried it didn't work at all. Could bind the tx but the settings never yielded a good result as far as control.
It wont work unless you have alternative firmware such as ER9x installed in the transmitter. The channel sequence of the stock firmware is AETR (like Futaba), while Spektrum uses TAER (the JR sequence). So in your setup aileron stick is controlling throttle, elevator is controlling aileron, and throttle is controlling elevator!

There's no way to change the sequence with the micro BNF models, so you must change it at the transmitter. ER9X makes this easy.

By the way, the Spektrum module for Futaba transmitters does this automatically, but it's not compatible with 9X.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:06 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
It wont work unless you have alternative firmware such as ER9x installed in the transmitter. The channel sequence of the stock firmware is AETR (like Futaba), while Spektrum uses TAER (the JR sequence). So in your setup aileron stick is controlling throttle, elevator is controlling aileron, and throttle is controlling elevator!

There's no way to change the sequence with the micro BNF models, so you must change it at the transmitter. ER9X makes this easy.

By the way, the Spektrum module for Futaba transmitters does this automatically, but it's not compatible with 9X.
ummm thanks for the info but my title mentioned firmware. maybe my module was bad? My frsky module worked fine but couldnt get my spektrum module to bind and when it did it didnt work right no matter what setting I chose