SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2014, 06:05 PM
I failed to crash a heli once!
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Mar 2014
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack herr View Post
I still cant stop chuckling. It was Prolly true for you and I often have felt that way. I did improve this summer though. I only crashed twice out of flying 3 450s and a 250. Many flights this summer never as many as I had hoped, now Im locked in winters cold embrace and will only fly on those perfect warm sunny calm days, so very little at all. I spent part of today putting all my batteries into storage mode. How sad. I did however order a little hover craft to play with on the snow this winter. If its fun(no doubt) I might get a bigger nicer one. I got a cheap little guy to try it. Oh No that's how my helu addiction started. What have I done?
I spent a lot of time rebuilding my Master CP after my last flight destroyed the rotor head, feathering shaft, blade grips, blades, main shaft, swash plate and a few linkages.

Having confirmed the programming on my Devo 10 with my Mini CP I powered up the Master CP got it bound to the Tx and started winding up the main rotor. To make this story short my flight lasted about 3 seconds and now I need all those parts again plus I seen smoke coming out of the motor so I need a new main motor as well. Oh yeah, I'm rough on my helicopters. Lesson learned on this fiasco, nothing, not a darn thing.

I think next time I try to fly this helicopter I'll look for a place with a bit more room. I won't have to worry about that for a bit as all those replacement parts are on a slow boat from China. It will give me a bit to stew on my failures as a pilot.
dteel is offline Find More Posts by dteel
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 08:57 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,191 Posts
T-mart carries some Master parts and takes about a week if they have them USA whs. Free shipping. Kinda pain looking but they have them.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:48 AM
Mexico, Tamaulipas, Tampico
Joined Jun 2014
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dteel View Post
I spent a lot of time rebuilding my Master CP after my last flight destroyed the rotor head, feathering shaft, blade grips, blades, main shaft, swash plate and a few linkages.

Having confirmed the programming on my Devo 10 with my Mini CP I powered up the Master CP got it bound to the Tx and started winding up the main rotor. To make this story short my flight lasted about 3 seconds and now I need all those parts again plus I seen smoke coming out of the motor so I need a new main motor as well. Oh yeah, I'm rough on my helicopters. Lesson learned on this fiasco, nothing, not a darn thing.

I think next time I try to fly this helicopter I'll look for a place with a bit more room. I won't have to worry about that for a bit as all those replacement parts are on a slow boat from China. It will give me a bit to stew on my failures as a pilot.
If it is the same motor that gave some blue smoke before, motor is bonkers...
If you installed a new motor to replace the other one that gave blue smoke, then odds are esc is out...
ChespiIker is online now Find More Posts by ChespiIker
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:20 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,191 Posts
FWIW
Tri-flow used on motor ends will prolong life of both motors. just a drop or so. Even with canopy on top of motor has acess. drop on top. turn blades. . Turn heli over and pinion gear drop on motor shaft. Bearings/ top/ bottom. Tail motor on gear. there is open space at rear of tail motor. Drop Tri-flow there also. On tail gears PTFE train gease[moddel] Main gear little/ pinion gear also. Small amount.
OK what does this do ? First give longer life to stock motor/ if bl same thing. Main gear/ tail gears reduces wear/ friction. Model train grease is sold anyplace that sells model trains. Tri-flow was bought at Ace hardware. These are not cheap Tri-flow is about $7.00 2 1/2 oz. bottle. PTFE gease is about $8.00. USE A TINY AMOUNT and wipe off excess. Rotate blades to spread it around.
My #1 Master has 16.6 hours of airtime as I have log for bigger birds. Still on original motors. #2 Master has 14.2 hours of airtime / still on original motors. All stock brushed motors that came with heli. Nay sayers what ever. I have had similat results with my Mini c/p's Mcp-X's etc.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 01:07 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,191 Posts
My two nice flying Masters will have another Bro to fly with. V200D03 is omline. Infact Two Bro's to fly with 4f200 LM is also online. V200D03 is much more lively. bl shaft drive tail/ lighter etc. 4f200 LM is a Scale bird FBL three blades beauty. Also bl FBL shaft drive.
Old Yesterday, 12:04 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
United States, TN, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2011
3,652 Posts
Hey guys I'm thinking about reliving my Heli days and grabbing another heli. I sold all mine a couple years ago. I'm confused at what to get. Used to have a v120d02s with many upgrades I ask had an m120d01 with many upgrades. I'm unsure what is a good heli these days. I was thinking I should get a micro but I'm also thinking maybe a 550 size. I know 2 major opposites. So what do you guys think? Should I go with a big heli to just sport fly and light 3d or should I get a mini to bash around? If you guys sat mini I think I want something that can take crashes better than the v120d02s. I'm actually considering something with a direct drive tail so that less would break in crashes. What do you guys think would be a good small heli? Is the mini cp or master cp any good? Is there any new helis other than those? I definitely won't even consider a Horizon Hobby product.
flohio117 is online now Find More Posts by flohio117
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,191 Posts
I was at field other day and friend flew Gaui X-3/ Mikado 500/ Senegy 5e/ awesome birds. Bigger do fly better.
If you want micro Align 250 DFC/ Gaui X-2/ 300CF-X/ plus Lynx is coming out with a 300 size. There is another but name iludes me at this time. [300]
Nano CP-x is fine, plus HH bl kit that works great. Blade 180 CF-X.
V120D02s could be made into a little rocket with GY 280 RX. I know you had this but now there are more upgrades and also new version.
If you have the $$ go bigger.
Micros give advantage due to small size. Only thing new last couple of yeras is flood of clones with junk TX's using many different protocols.
Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,652 Posts
Ya maybe I should just go to a bigger bird then. I'm thinking tree 550 or compass 6hv.
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,191 Posts
6 cell 550/600 is nice sized bird. Out of my buget but nice flyers. I only have a 500 D thanks to HH price close out. Good luck with new bird if you go for it.
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Joined Dec 2011
3,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
6 cell 550/600 is nice sized bird. Out of my buget but nice flyers. I only have a 500 D thanks to HH price close out. Good luck with new bird if you go for it.
Thanks man. I've never had a big bird and I think I should finally get one just as my one heli to fly every blue moon.
Old Today, 07:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,904 Posts
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Today at 08:42 AM.
Old Today, 10:27 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,191 Posts
I see cousin IT is trying to make a come back. Post above.
Good luck with bird. bigger is better.
Old Today, 06:11 PM
United States, NJ, Newark
Joined Feb 2013
345 Posts
Master CP 4 Sale

I have a Master CP that I had started upgrading and doing mods to about a year ago I have since stop flying Heli and have been into airplane. Have no interest in completing this project. I have a problem the weight balance on the tail boom was to heavy.
Anyone wishing to finishing working on it or just use it for parts alone. Has upgraded motor, 20/30amp esc can't remember for sure, on/off switch and few other things I can't remember. Take a look at photo.
Will have to remove tail boom to ship.
Asking $75 plus shipping
SmokeNGun is offline Find More Posts by SmokeNGun