Avoid.
.....at all costs YES avoid!
dlt2859 is offline Find More Posts by dlt2859
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:15 PM
cornwall
Joined Mar 2009
297 Posts
let down by hobbyking again

hi guys id just like to have a wine about hk customer service..

ill start with a order i made at the end of last year it was a hk250 heli kit.i received the kit within 3weeks open'd the box and i was amazed to find NO MAIN FRAME so i got in touch with them. i got push'd from pillar to post never got anywhere with them ( every parcel is meant to be checked before shipping ) I DONT THINK SO !!!

Now for my new one

i bought a 30cc sbach 342 from the uk site.

well it looks good at first BUT!!!!
THE WING IS BENT AND SPLIT INTERNALLY ( NO DAMAGE TO THE OUTER SKIN ) STRANGE !!!!!
AND THE HARDWARE KIT IS MISSING Ie
HINGES/HORNS/LINKS/FUEL TANK/LANDING GEAR
SO IM LEFT WITH A BARE AIRFRAME WITCH THEY WILL NOT SORT OUT IV SENT THEM PHOTOS ALL THE INFO AND NOTHING NO HELP WHAT SO EVER..SORRY BUT I HATE HK NOW AND I WILL NOT GIVE THEM ANY'MORE TRADE FROM MY SHOP....

ANYWAY THAT'S ME DONE NOW SORRY ......
ian.c is offline Find More Posts by ian.c
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:38 PM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,689 Posts
...hence my personal rules for buying from HK (see post #20, Rule f)
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:38 AM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
Bought 35 worth of motors from HK. Arrived fine.
The rest of the parts will be coming from more reputable places.
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 06:59 PM
Joined Sep 2014
26 Posts
Well, they're not that bad really. For the price of let's say one lipo from uk store I'll get 4 or 5 from HK. Let's say half of those will arrive faulty- I'm still better off. The thing is- all of the reputable stuff you'll buy for the higher price is made in China anyway, but it has been put through better QC. That's all. Mercedes Benz is made in China but the QC is excellent. QC is expensive. HK QC is therefore non existent so make sure you do the checks yourself. I'd rather do that then pay 400% margin on so called reputable items.
The number difference between my orders from Monday and Wednesday were circa 25000. Now please imagine how many orders it is, how many employees working on minimum wage ( so you can buy it cheap) are processing them. Now - imagine yourself managing all this mess. Can you see where mistakes come from? They do quantity not quality. They have no time nor business to deal with each one in few hundred customers that are not happy for some reason. And some of those are liars. They do deal with them anyway but so slooooowly. I don't like it but I understand it. It's their business model, not too pretty but it works for them. And with expectations kept low it works for me as well.

Use PayPal so if anything goes wrong you'll get your money back.
Use different source if delivery time is critical ( actually UK warehouse proved to be always as expected - 24h with parcel force)
Small items are cheaper to ship from EU warehouse then from UK.
Always try to keep parcel small so it can go by airmail.
Avoid SCS express as delivery option. You'll pay tax duty- almost always and it's not express at all, takes longer than cheapo airmail.
Never order items that are on backorder, set email alert instead.
Expect poor quality and you'll be surprised! Very surprised!
blackcamo is offline Find More Posts by blackcamo
Old Nov 21, 2014, 04:10 PM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
994 Posts
if you get an invoice from SCS Express just call paypal and claim your whole order back inc shipping. the only options hobbyking gave me were pay the ransom or let it go back and loose shipping plus a handling fee but they couldn't tell me how much that would be.

SCS say they say they ship it to some random country in Europe and you have to pay some bs VAT charge, then they send a an email saying they passed your good in a bulk order in Europe and you now owe 30% of the value of your order in vat and customs for Euro VAT with an attached jpg "airway bill" in such low resolution that you cant read most of it and is clearly edited with ms paint.

when i forwarded all this to paypal they fully refunded me immediately and agreed its a scam, their own tracking said it didn't reach my country, they couldn't produce official customs declarations from my country and you cannot pay import tax in a country you not getting your package delivered to.

if you have been effected by this contact paypal.
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Last edited by geofrancis; Nov 24, 2014 at 06:55 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 04:47 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,007 Posts
Thanks for the info on SCS, they will be avoided...

Ive been using HK for a while now.. a total of 43 orders, so that's a lot of items..
there are niggles in their service, and I have had a few faulty items..

niggles....
.lol..
. send a picture or a video.... whats the point if the bloody thing doesn work, a picture is useless how can a picture of a non working servo or anything tell them what is wrong???
Its their standard reply.. sometimes pictures and video can be of use, but they demand it , no picture and you just get put on hold....whatever the problem...
So you have to follow their demands , and finally/eventually you will get a credit... credit ..they should give a refund... that's a p*** take... personally it wont matter because I will be spending again soon... but its not good for customer relations..
my main gripe with hobbyking is their stock ... why is everything I want always on back order, and why does our UK warehouse only have a fraction of the global warehouse...and why do they keep showing items as on back order when the item is obviously never going to be sold again... the poor local stock selection is my biggest hate....
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Nov 24, 2014, 06:56 AM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
994 Posts
i contacted hobbyking and all they said was pay 120 ransom or loose 50 shipping plus an unknown fee and only get store credit back. both answers were unacceptable so i claimed it all back via paypal.
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis