HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Doctor View Post
UFO Doctor’s pleasure was to write step-to-step tutorials. You will succeed with minimum skills in electronics and basic ability in soldering tiny components.
Great documentation - i think with such a step by step tutorial, it should also be possible for ME to do this mod
olaf.j is offline Find More Posts by olaf.j
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:36 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bergman View Post
Anybody else have this problem?
Some times when turning with the aileron stick the motors shut down and the drone falls to the ground.
Is there an adjustable max tilt to shutdown parameter?
Bill Bergman is online now Find More Posts by Bill Bergman
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:39 PM
Joined Jul 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Doctor View Post
Miru created a great work in developing a steering for a Parrot Drone by standard remote control equipment. The present state of the art is a Plug-and Play unit (only 15 grams) with visual low battery alert.

UFO Doctor’s pleasure was to write step-to-step tutorials. You will succeed with minimum skills in electronics and basic ability in soldering tiny components.

However, some problems are persistent over the last 50 years:

Reading a tutorial: no problem, nice pictures, but I see much better solutions!
Understanding a tutorial: Why? I want to go to fly as soon as possible!
Following a tutorial: Why? I am so smart, I can miss a step.

In confidence, I let you know that I feel like you: I read the instructions given to a new electronic device not to the very end before running into severe problems, too.

But if you are more careful than UFO Doctor, please follow the links listed below:

Tutorial Miru Part 1_V8: Miru Mod Material, Cable Connections and Test-Setup
http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...art%201_V8.pdf

Tutorial Miru Part 2_V4: Installation of the Miru Mod in drone and First Flight
http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...art%202_V4.pdf

Tutorial Miru Part 3_V4: Selectable Configurations and Clamp for iPhone on TX
http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...art%203_V4.pdf

Tutorial Miru Part 4_V8: Visible Low Battery Alert and Emergency Landing
http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...art%204_V8.pdf

Tutorial Miru Part 5_V2: VLBA experiments with external LED and TX
http://ufo-doctor.ch/descriptions/Pa...art%205_V3.pdf

Have a lot of fun and nice flights!

Kind regards

UFO Doctor
I see you are updating your tutorial all the time. May be miru could make reference of the tutorial on the first page of this thread.

Thanks for the idea of using a 3V regulator as an option to turn on a RF transmitter. I'm still waiting for my transmitter to come. I'll have to measure its current draw before I can decide on which option to use.

In the mean time, I've connected two white high intensity (19,000mcd) LEDs that I have on hand and mounted them to the tail of my ardrone. I don't have a "feel" on luminous intensity measurement but all I know is this one is much brighter than the one rated at 8,000mcd above.

I ended up using a 50 ohm resister in series with two LEDs connected in parallel. This gives me a voltage of 3.1V across the LEDs as per the LED spec. The net current draw from pin9 is about 33mA, which is within the Arduino's 40mA.

Here's a head-on view (ah, tail-on view)... extremely bright.

And here is a side view:
Candu1 is offline Find More Posts by Candu1
Last edited by Candu1; Aug 23, 2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:49 PM
Joined Jul 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Anybody else have this problem?
Some times when turning with the aileron stick the motors shut down and the drone falls to the ground.
Oh yea, all the time until I tone down the tilt setting. Also, I find flying in FM2 mode lower your chance of getting flipped.

What I read so far from ardrone app developers is that tilt shut down setting is not accessible.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:00 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candu1 View Post
Oh yea, all the time until I tone down the tilt setting. Also, I find flying in FM2 mode lower your chance of getting flipped.

What I read so far from ardrone app developers is that tilt shut down setting is not accessible.
Thanks for the reply !!!!!
The tilt setting in the drone or the arduino firmware?
Last edited by Bill Bergman; Aug 22, 2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 PM
Joined Jul 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
The tilt setting in the drone or the arduino?
May be I'm confused by the question. The tilt setting is end user (pilot) adjustable. On iDeveices, the user can make adjustment from the setup screen. On mirumod, it is preset by the user in the sketch. Starting in mirumod version 008, miru created 4 configurations predefined in the sketch that the user can select "on the fly" using the joysticks in the transmitter.

My understanding (miru can confirm) is that maximum tilt angle SHUT DOWN is not adjustable, even by app developers.
Last edited by Candu1; Aug 22, 2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:43 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,306 Posts
Quote:
May be I'm confused by the question. The tilt setting is end user (pilot) adjustable. On iDeveices, the user can make adjustment from the setup screen. On mirumod, it is preset by the user in the sketch. Starting in mirumod version 008, miru created 4 configurations predefined in the sketch that the user can select "on the fly" using the joysticks in the transmitter.

My understanding (miru can confirm) is that maximum tilt angle SHUT DOWN is not adjustable, even by app developers.
Yes, that's my experience too. I think it is around 30 degrees.
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:45 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,739 Posts
Quote:

Sorry, I haven't been very clear. I think you answered my question. I need to adjust the tilt sensitivy in the sketch. The drone app does not effect the drone when your not using the Iphone/pad, right? The other function of completely disabling max tilt/shut off would be excellent if it were available. Thanks again
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:47 PM
Vista, CA
Joined Feb 2008
1,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bledi View Post
Miru, your issu was not the good one. I had change the RX buffer to 160. And there is no change
That is strange... You'll have to wait until I get back home next weekend to see if I can setup one of the GPSs for 38400...
miru is offline Find More Posts by miru
Old Aug 22, 2011, 08:47 PM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,739 Posts
I guess you could reduce travel on the transmitter's dual rate..
Old Aug 22, 2011, 11:31 PM
Joined Jul 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
I guess you could reduce travel on the transmitter's dual rate..
Yes, that's exactly what I finally ended up doing after a some test flights with the different available configurations.

I now settled with the "Standard" configuration (cfg1) and have my dual rate switches on my tx set to 50% reduction for smooth flying. I can always flip the dual rate switches any time to have more aggressive control to overcome sudden change in wind conditions if necessary.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:15 AM
Houston, Tx.
Joined Jan 2003
3,739 Posts
Hopefully someday we'll be able to bypass the tilt limits so we can roll and loop....
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:38 AM
Ita
Joined Oct 2006
11 Posts
Hi, there is any way to switch off the ultrasound sensor? In outdoor would be the best solution
klamath is offline Find More Posts by klamath
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:19 AM
Schweiz, AG, Wettingen
Joined May 2010
45 Posts
High intensity LED for VLBA

Dear Candu1

Your LEDs are realy bright (in side view, too) and your circuit is optimal.

I have added some fotos to the summary of the 5 Miru Mod Tutorials to offer a better overview.

Kind regards
UFU Doctor
UFO Doctor is offline Find More Posts by UFO Doctor
Old Aug 23, 2011, 12:20 PM
Schweiz, AG, Wettingen
Joined May 2010
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olaf.j View Post
Great documentation - i think with such a step by step tutorial, it should also be possible for ME to do this mod
Dear olaf.j
Thank you for your comment: You will come to success, but each step needs some time (you are here in the real, not in the virtual reality).
Please check if your have all new Miru material ready prior to start with your careful work.
Kind regards and good luck
UFO Doctor
UFO Doctor is offline Find More Posts by UFO Doctor
Last edited by UFO Doctor; Aug 23, 2011 at 01:17 PM.