|Oct 24, 2004, 02:43 PM|
Austin Bergstrom, Texas, United States
Joined Oct 2004
Phoenix 25 to motor connection -- is it right?
I got the Himax 2025-4200 motor and Phoenix 25 ESC. The motor has the male gold bullet connectors:
The following pic shows the three wires of the Phoenix ESC.
My questions are:
1. Am I supposed to simply "solder" the 3 wires to the inside of the provided female connectors, as suggested in the pic?
2. As shown in the pic, what is the purpose for the hole in the female connectors?
3. Do you use heat shrink to wrap around the female connectors for insulation?
Thanks a bunch!
|Oct 24, 2004, 03:55 PM|
1. Yes, make sure you tin the wires first!
2. The hole is so you can solder the wire in at 90 degrees if you wanted and also serves as a spot to heat the solder up if you wanted to desolder the wire from it.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Article||Multiplex Brushless Motor BL480-8D/CC Phoenix 25 ESC Review||Michael Heer||Power Systems||28||Nov 26, 2005 12:38 AM|
|Phoenix 25 - Himax motor just oscillates||DaleM||Power Systems||29||Jun 19, 2004 09:46 AM|
|Connecting CC Phoenix 25 to Motor||Tom Frank||Power Systems||4||Jun 11, 2004 01:30 AM|
|Phoenix 25 - won't start motor every 8th time||JoeCrasher||Castle Creations||328||Mar 22, 2004 01:47 PM|
|motor run-on with phoenix 25||bracicot||Power Systems||10||Nov 18, 2003 06:57 PM|