HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2014, 04:18 PM
Joined Apr 2014
6 Posts
Discussion
Total noob question, test run fan

Can I test run the fan indoors at a stand still position and for how long? I'm thinking it might overheat if running maximum for longer periods of time without air-flow cooling
Hammarstrom80 is offline Find More Posts by Hammarstrom80
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2014, 04:25 PM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
2,464 Posts
Heat is an issue for the components not in the fans airflow (ESC and battery).
Be careful and use a test stand that offers protection in case of fan failure. Remember there will be objects that can fail and the chance of fire! Batteries and ESCs have caught fire on occasion. It will also be noisy so wear eye and ear protection.

Might not want to have your significant other in the house either....
4stripes is offline Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Apr 09, 2014, 04:47 PM
Joined Apr 2014
6 Posts
Sorry I should have put myself more clearly, I was of course talking about a total setup with everything included, it's no fun running the fan with the help of a hairdryer
Hammarstrom80 is offline Find More Posts by Hammarstrom80