HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined Feb 2013
71 Posts
Discussion
R2008SB Antenna Position on F550

Hello!

I'm just now wrapping up my build of my first F550 using a Futaba T8J with R2008SB receiver. I have the receiver mounted to the right of the Naza somewhat near the edge where I had good surface area for the velcro (and decent accessibility).

In this position, the two gray antenna wires easily go down through one of the openings in the bottom of the F550.

What is the ideal antenna position? Just let them stick through this nearby opening and let them be? Tape them down somehow? Should they be hanging free or fastened and, if fastened, what orientation should they have? The manual indicates 90 degrees, but I'd like to know how others and handling it. 90 degrees to me would be one taped to the bottom of the baseplate and the other probably hanging free... but I doubt this is right.

Pictures, of course, are always appreciated.

Thanks!
- Aaron
halfpress is offline Find More Posts by halfpress
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:25 PM
Joined Aug 2013
83 Posts
Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I wonder if you found a solution! i was looking at putting on the arms but it seems a little unsecured.

I have the R6303SB so its a tiny receiver but the antennae arms are actually quite long.
thekash is online now Find More Posts by thekash
Old Sep 18, 2013, 08:16 AM
United States, KY, Morehead
Joined Jan 2005
151 Posts
Aaron, As long as you have the (2) uncovered ends 90deg to each other and not touching anything that is conductive it will work fine. The covered part of the cable is "ok" to touch metal and CF but I would try to avoid it if possible. Your method should be fine just make sure the uncovered ends are out in the air and not resting on the baseplate.
skew is offline Find More Posts by skew