HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:57 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
yes, brilliant...promoting discounts of .03 cents!

those are the posts that are worthless. Honestly, why post a bubbycode that saves 3cents ????
A complete waste of space, & we have to trawl through them to find buddycodes that are actually worth using, because so many wont/dont put the $ saving their buddy thread.
Since you can only use 1 buddycode on each order, I really dont want buddy threads filled up with useless codes (saving 3c)
And often no descriptions, so I cant fully search them.

There are sites that have lists of SEARCHABLE codes WITH descriptions & $$ saved listed.
Those sites alone make all these buddy threads worthless.
Theres a reason they all got shunted off the 'hot deals' forum a while back.

arrgh
rant...allmost...over
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:39 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post

those are the posts that are worthless. Honestly, why post a bubbycode that saves 3cents ????
A complete waste of space, & we have to trawl through them to find buddycodes that are actually worth using, because so many wont/dont put the $ saving their buddy thread.
Since you can only use 1 buddycode on each order, I really dont want buddy threads filled up with useless codes (saving 3c)
And often no descriptions, so I cant fully search them.

There are sites that have lists of SEARCHABLE codes WITH descriptions & $$ saved listed.
Those sites alone make all these buddy threads worthless.
Theres a reason they all got shunted off the 'hot deals' forum a while back.

arrgh
rant...allmost...over

You missed the good old days where HK let you use as many buddy codes as you wanted. I used to get a good $10-$20 discount on each order through buddy codes.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:43 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,274 Posts
A little research gave me the answer to my question "But tell me, what is the advantage of posting a "new" thread instead of posting in an existing thread? Do posters get any benefits from HK if buyers use their buddy codes? What drives someone to create a new thread?"

I found out that the Buddy Code poster has to buy the item and then post the Buddy Code. If others use your Buddy Code you earn store credits. So the more you post and the more that are used, the more store credits you get. I guess some posters must feel that a new thread will get more hits than an old thread...or less competition?

This is the way it was explained on the forum. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1439534

o - buy the items you want or need
o - after your order is complete you go to your account page (see 'View my account' image on main page of Hobbyking.com) and click on the link where you can check your orders
o - as long as your order has the status processing and is not older than 14 days, you will see a blue buddy icon behind the status of each product you bought (Please note: not all products are eligable for Swarm)
o - click the blue buddy icon and you will be presented a, so called, 'buddy code' that you can share with your 'buddies'. You can share your buddy codes with the world here: http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm or on forums.
o - If one or more of your buddies buy the same item and use the same buddy code, they will get an instant rebate of a certain percentage for that product with that order and you are refunded in the form of store credit. This credit can be used with your next order.

So I guess all 14 Buddy Code threads in 2 years are not worthless to the user or poster of the thread. Both parties gain by posting and using the codes.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:05 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post

Paid to Promote???

Last edited by valanti256; Yesterday at 11:25 PM. Reason: Don't want to get warned for posting my opinion.

Seeing as how that "paid to promote" comment is still left there, you might want to consider revising. Doesn't look like you get a point for sharing your opinion here and there, it might be the widespread constant campaign of flaming this vendor that gets you the point, even after being warned about it.

The HK threads are full of people voicing all opinions.
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:50 AM
United States, MI
Joined Sep 2011
3,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post

Paid to Promote???

Last edited by valanti256; Yesterday at 11:25 PM. Reason: Don't want to get warned for posting my opinion.

Seeing as how that "paid to promote" comment is still left there, you might want to consider revising. Doesn't look like you get a point for sharing your opinion here and there, it might be the widespread constant campaign of flaming this vendor that gets you the point, even after being warned about it.

The HK threads are full of people voicing all opinions.
The problem is people break the rules, earn points, then get all upset and say they are censored. No. You broke the rules. Voicing your opinion here is perfectly fine, as long as you follow the very simple rules that even a child can follow. Then these people end up in tin foil hats talking to other people who got banned for breaking the rules and there being a conspiracy on rcgroups. Its quite entertaining to say the least
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:23 PM
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Dec 2008
441 Posts
OK , despite having 2 stickied buddy threads...

we have 11 buddy threads on the HK forum.
Time to act & start deleting these buddy threads as they are now DEFINITY just filling up the HK forum.

The HK forum will soon be just a junk forum that few will want to visit or contribute to... as the buddy threads start to take over
1101 is offline Find More Posts by 1101
Old Mar 20, 2013, 08:10 PM
United States, OR
Joined Feb 2011
390 Posts
I second the motion...

I agree that redundant HobbyKing Buddy Code threads are ridiculous.

However, some of the threads are privately moderated, which should keep the rants over HK's customer service out of these threads.

My suggestion (officially documented and not for anyone elses credit) is to organize the threads into their corresponding warehouses.

Obviously, with this approach, the HK International Warehouse will retain the largest number of posts. But, this merging and splitting of the current threads will also make it easier for members to find buddy codes for their local warehouses.

Unfortunately, RCG does not have a "merge" function, so combining threads is easier-said-than-done.

I have used the "search thread" function, in RCG, to find USA Warehouse Buddy Codes, but this approach must be repeated in each-and-every Buddy Code thread!

My interem solution is to start a new thread , for new buddy codes, and then close the thread after the buddy code(s) expire.

Because the real problem is with RCG....not HK!
ssautter is offline Find More Posts by ssautter
Old Mar 20, 2013, 08:18 PM
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,953 Posts
Now THAT makes sense...one for each warehouse! Excellent idea. I've yet to use one of those because honestly there are just to many to wade through looking for a deal, and it's not worth if for a quarter off on something.
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member