HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:01 PM
United Kingdom, England, Ware
Joined Aug 2012
169 Posts
Discussion
Best for indoor use

Tried my hand at normal helicopters but spent more time fixing than flying so moved to 4 wheels and now hooked on 2 wheels off road
By chance was asked to assist the neighbours lad with his Hubsan X4
Got great tips here and advice where it is now up and flying no problem
Was impressed with the Hubsan and as 2 wheels don't really like the current snow and ice have ordered myself one to pass away the hours
Perhaps starting a bun fight here but what is the general opinion on a micro unit mainly to be used indoors by a rank amateur being me and also a buddy
As I said no complaints regarding the Hubsan but was wondering if he decides to also indulge
Also would a help spares wise if available in UK compared to having to order ex Far East

Cheers Jim
Jimob23 is offline Find More Posts by Jimob23
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
it doesnt auto level like the hubsan x4 but the syma x1 can be had from amazon UK for 29 delivered for flying indoors its great with a turnigy 9x and should arrive in a couple of days vs a couple of months

Syma X1 quadcopter turnigy 9x complete micro FPV setup 71 grams flying weight N3M1S1S (4 min 56 sec)
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:45 PM
Learning more each day....
United States, RI, Portsmouth
Joined Nov 2012
515 Posts
I have flown both indoors and out....

The X1 is OK in a decent sized room just to learn control. It flies well outside, but does not like wind!

The Hubsan, once you do the basic mods and learn the ropes, flies well inside and outside and is fine up to about 12 mph winds.....

I just got my 9X today, so have no experience with it yet...
craigiri is offline Find More Posts by craigiri
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:04 PM
Bosons not included
Joined Dec 2012
143 Posts
Ive never flown before

I'm starting to get brave after 3 weeks with my x4. I'm considering flips, but not before spare parts arrive.
jackpm is offline Find More Posts by jackpm
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:08 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,770 Posts
Jack are you in Atlanta?
A few of the local guys are hosting an indoor fly-in this week, if you are interested: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1822273

I also thought you might appreciate my latest project, BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Racing anyone?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:04 PM
Bosons not included
Joined Dec 2012
143 Posts
Not yet

I'm not in Atlanta now, but I'll be moving back at the end of the year.

Nice paint.
jackpm is offline Find More Posts by jackpm
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:12 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,254 Posts
IMHO either the Hubsan X4 or the Walkera QR Ladybird V1 are the top >15cm micro multicopter candidates and best for indoors(and outdoors too) due to their ability to fly with precision control and the ability to reduce the rates so Noobs will have an easier time controlling them. Any of the other micro's are good candidates and fly well within their own limits, but they are not as precise overall as the LB and X4. For even easier control indoors when using the X4 Noobs should reduce the normal pitch and roll rates to about 40 and no more than 60 for pitch and roll in expert until you gain some flying skills.

As was mentioned. The ET and Motor saver mods are must do's for the Hubsan to make it fly the best that it can and for better crash survivability.

The larger 30cm-15cm mini sized multicopters can be flown indoors in larger rooms, but I believe there is more fun with the smaller micros in typical house-sized rooms.

--Improving Hubsan X4 flight performance 101

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:45 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
13,770 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774849

This was a great quad for me, I have minimal experience but it has a wide envelope for more advanced flyers.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Racing anyone?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:34 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,488 Posts
The best of the Best is Walkrea Ladybird V1. They can not clone quality and performance of this bird. I agree Husban X-4/ Syma X-1 are very nice clones.
Bigger is MQX top of list/ V929 is a very good clone.
Cool factor and excellent flyers for me are Scorpion Y-6 Walkera/ Hoten-X brushless/ Husban X-4. I am not into hanging junk onto my birds as I am avid flyer. You see one boring flight vid you pretty much seen them all.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 28, 2013, 06:44 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
The best of the Best is Walkrea Ladybird V1. They can not clone quality and performance of this bird. I agree Husban X-4/ Syma X-1 are very nice clones.
Bigger is MQX top of list/ V929 is a very good clone.
Cool factor and excellent flyers for me are Scorpion Y-6 Walkera/ Hoten-X brushless/ Husban X-4. I am not into hanging junk onto my birds as I am avid flyer. You see one boring flight vid you pretty much seen them all.
This is basiclly true. Depends where the flying is though. Wasn't it one of the Naked Gun movies that had an intro where the police car siren goes through a ladies shower room?
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman