HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2014, 09:58 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Apr 2013
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
Oh Yeah...
I have given up on trying to get the 11x12 to fit on the stock spinner. I have carved out as much of the spinner as possible and it still will not sandwich down completely. I will fly it stock for a little while and then either go the Tacon route or use Terry's new shaft and use the 11x12.
Good to hear about your CM.
I have the tacon motor I couldn't get my spinner to fit properly on high pitch 10x10 prop so I ended up cutting the spinner. Once I cut the spinner to fit the prop it became super unbalanced though. So I just fly without spinner . Looks a little goofy but great cooling for motor and esc
eddyalce is offline Find More Posts by eddyalce
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2014, 11:55 AM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyalce View Post
I have the tacon motor I couldn't get my spinner to fit properly on high pitch 10x10 prop so I ended up cutting the spinner. Once I cut the spinner to fit the prop it became super unbalanced though. So I just fly without spinner . Looks a little goofy but great cooling for motor and esc
Do you know how to balance the spinner? It is pretty easy to do if you want to. The plane will fly much better with a spinner...

I have had to balance a few of my spinners and it is not hard. Just takes a little time. I use electrical tape cut into squares. Choose a spot on the outside of the spinner, tack on a stack of about 3-4 small squares of tape. Make sure they are on there really well and slowly run up the motor. You won't need full throttle because if it is out of balance you will feel it through out the whole range. If it doesn't change or gets worse move to a different spot. Once you find an area that improves make it. then keep adding squares until the vibration goes away. Make sure it is marked and then move the squares inside of the spinner. Sometimes you need to tack them with glue or tape them down. Should be a perm fix if done right....
gooniac33 is online now Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Apr 07, 2014, 12:09 PM
Joined Apr 2013
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Do you know how to balance the spinner? It is pretty easy to do if you want to. The plane will fly much better with a spinner...

I have had to balance a few of my spinners and it is not hard. Just takes a little time. I use electrical tape cut into squares. Choose a spot on the outside of the spinner, tack on a stack of about 3-4 small squares of tape. Make sure they are on there really well and slowly run up the motor. You won't need full throttle because if it is out of balance you will feel it through out the whole range. If it doesn't change or gets worse move to a different spot. Once you find an area that improves make it. then keep adding squares until the vibration goes away. Make sure it is marked and then move the squares inside of the spinner. Sometimes you need to tack them with glue or tape them down. Should be a perm fix if done right....

I will eventually buy a new spinner and take my time in cutting it and balancing it correctly. I belive Du-Bro is the brand of spinner that I will try next time. 2.75 inch one.
Old Apr 08, 2014, 11:21 AM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
3,924 Posts
As I looked at the spinner, planning on Dremeling it out, I wondered if there was enough material there .... maybe not?
Don
dkrhardy is online now Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Apr 11, 2014, 09:04 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,765 Posts
Anyone in the SF Bay Area please come out! It is an RC and Full Scale Mini Airshow in one! The main attraction will be the Mini 50mm Blue Angel formation!! There will be a Fun Fighter races and the Strega and Critical Mass will duke it out in a mock air race too!
gooniac33 is online now Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:16 AM
Joined Apr 2013
763 Posts
I crashed my Critical mass =( It was a pretty windy day yesterday and on my landing approach i came in too slow and stalled and nosed in my critical mass. Motor mount came lose, cowl is split, one of the retracts is busted.... worst of all my two week old Tacon motor took some punishment and feels like the motor is kinda loose now and makes some noise. I guess I will be going back back to my turnigy G10 1200 KV setup once i glue the motor mount back on.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:52 PM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
1,657 Posts
Ahh shoot.

Make sure and get the right angle of the motor mount when you're glue'n.
tdford is online now Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 64mm F-22 Raptor
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:56 PM
Joined Apr 2013
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdford View Post
Ahh shoot.

Make sure and get the right angle of the motor mount when you're glue'n.
The thrust angle is built into the motor mount its fool proof. I'm flying the old version of the cm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 01:32 PM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
1,657 Posts
So am I. And I've broke loose the motor mount as well. If you don't glue it right it will be off.
tdford is online now Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 64mm F-22 Raptor