HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 08, 2013, 09:55 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
Sir you did an amazing job building her. . . She flies beautifully!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by demondriver; Dec 08, 2013 at 10:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2013, 10:01 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
You've become a great builder Sir!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2013, 10:04 PM
Registered User
SergeyK's Avatar
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Feb 2006
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
It's flying ! And nice and slow at that. That's it, bring'er up !
SergeyK is online now Find More Posts by SergeyK
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 08, 2013, 10:15 PM
Sittin' on my hands
depronair's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2005
185 Posts
Congrats on the (mini) maiden.
depronair is offline Find More Posts by depronair
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2013, 05:57 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
Doushi you Sir what airline is your DC-10 again Sir?

I can't wait to see more!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2013, 08:24 AM
Doushiyou12's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
1,649 Posts
Maiden flight was a big success!!!.
After conducting the taxi tests, I was comfortable with its handling on the ground, rotation speed and it's control in the air in those short hops at low speed. The CG seemed to be just about right. A few clicks. I managed to get two flights in. My key chain camera that was mounted on my hat crapped out on me. Not sure if it was too cold or what but it cut off just prior to the first flight. During the second flight I had a good friend record with my phone but guess what; out of memory. But we did manage to get part of it but not the landing. she floats down very nicely and scale. Number 3 engine had issues, it came lose at the pylon. I'll beef both dummy nacelles for the next flight.
Either way I am extremely happy.
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2013, 08:39 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
Maiden flight was a big success!!!.
After conducting the taxi tests, I was comfortable with its handling on the ground, rotation speed and it's control in the air in those short hops at low speed. The CG seemed to be just about right. A few clicks. I managed to get two flights in. My key chain camera that was mounted on my hat crapped out on me. Not sure if it was too cold or what but it cut off just prior to the first flight. During the second flight I had a good friend record with my phone but guess what; out of memory. But we did manage to get part of it but not the landing. she floats down very nicely and scale. Number 3 engine had issues, it came lose at the pylon. I'll beef both dummy nacelles for the next flight.
Either way I am extremely happy.
WOW! Doushi I'm VERY happy for you Sir!

Great work!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2013, 08:44 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
Doushi . . . .your DC-10 Maiden is the Ultimate Christmas present!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:26 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
Doushi you Sir what airline is your DC-10 again Sir?
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:48 AM
Doushiyou12's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
1,649 Posts
Right now it was an "experimental" aircraft
not sure what airliner it will be now.

short clip of all that was recorded on the second flt before full memory. sorry guys, next time.
The winds had picked up since the first flight. a Bit of crosswind on take off. check out the wind sock on the top corner of the Fence.

Depron DC-10 2nd flight (1 min 2 sec)
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:51 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
Right now it was an "experimental" aircraft
not sure what airliner it will be now.

short clip of all that was recorded on the second flt before full memory. sorry guys, next time.
The winds had picked up since the first flight. a Bit of crosswind on take off. check out the wind sock on the top corner of the Fence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWCrr3TzMY
That was a great cross wind take-off Brother! . . . & right in between a tree to Boot!

Lol I didn't know it was a pusher DC-10:

Simply amazing work Congrads! Guys give it up for Doushi!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:55 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
I hope to see you do that with your 727 as well!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2013, 10:00 AM
Sittin' on my hands
depronair's Avatar
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2005
185 Posts
That looks really good, congrats! Building light pays off...
depronair is offline Find More Posts by depronair
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2013, 02:45 PM
Doushiyou12's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
1,649 Posts
Thank You Gents!!!
Just swapped into futaba, it was used for the maiden. I still need to mess around with the TX.
AUW 68oz.
Length 85in
Wingspan 73ish
You can see the the nacelle bent to the right after the 2nd Flight. YES I WAS COLD!!!
Doushiyou12 is offline Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 09, 2013, 05:48 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
14,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
Thank You Gents!!!
Just swapped into futaba, it was used for the maiden. I still need to mess around with the TX.
AUW 68oz.
Length 85in
Wingspan 73ish
You can see the the nacelle bent to the right after the 2nd Flight. YES I WAS COLD!!!

Now that is what I call a true RC airliner!. Awesome work Sir!
demondriver is offline Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo New Life above 3.5kw for the Haoye 90mm-7blade...New Motor Building Info on Pg1 7/14 Knife Liddle Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 244 May 04, 2013 02:06 PM
Sold New E-Flite F-4 with All new items to build MikeATL Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Sep 08, 2012 02:48 PM
Discussion New build and new to multirotors jfcmn Multirotor Talk 1 Mar 30, 2012 01:48 PM