HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:02 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,491 Posts
Thanks indoorheli. I didn't see those photos before.

You think the Hawk 12000kv will be on par with the HP03s 13500?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:37 AM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
105 Posts
Finally after working all night, my brushless nano was born. I used a spare c05 that I had laying around, a walkera esc, and multiple other parts I had laying around. With the signal wire in the same spot as above my throttle was reversed. I found another place on the 3in1 to solder my signal wire too and everything worked correctly. YAY!!!! since I stayed up all night working on this it is still dark out (6:00am) and I cannot test the heli in real flight. When gluing on the motor I made my gear mesh a little too big for the 7t pinion that came on the heli but perfect for an 8t pinion from an mcpx stock motor. Hopefully this will be ok. I will post how it flies tomorrow after I get a few hours of sleep.
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:15 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Oh I thought he was going to go with something crazy for the HP and not just the pinion change. It is nice to see what the heli can do in the proper hands.

I really liked the 8T just it didnt like my batteries. Though even the 7T is picky on batteries in the 150 size. Here is a horrible video but it is the only time I filmed the brushless 7t. At first I flew with a battery that had around 30 flights and then went to a new one. Crappy vid or not it still shows how snappy it is with a 7T

I think I am going to jump back on the 8 tooth bandwagon and just deal with the weight of a better battery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnGts...ature=youtu.be
Tell me again what lipos do you like?
thank you
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:43 AM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milf Hunter View Post
Finally after working all night, my brushless nano was born. I used a spare c05 that I had laying around, a walkera esc, and multiple other parts I had laying around. With the signal wire in the same spot as above my throttle was reversed. I found another place on the 3in1 to solder my signal wire too and everything worked correctly. YAY!!!! since I stayed up all night working on this it is still dark out (6:00am) and I cannot test the heli in real flight. When gluing on the motor I made my gear mesh a little too big for the 7t pinion that came on the heli but perfect for an 8t pinion from an mcpx stock motor. Hopefully this will be ok. I will post how it flies tomorrow after I get a few hours of sleep.
I'd love to see a pic of the C05 in the frame. How was the fit?
Did you use the big 10 amp walkera ESC?
skeppley is offline Find More Posts by skeppley
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Feb 2007
520 Posts
Took mine to a nice open grass spot (near Elk's in hometown) and actually where emergency helis land. Wind was gusting to 20 I would guess, went for my first flips. First one on low rates (dx4e) was huge loop and had it all the way around and some how lost it at the bottom. 2nd I just flipped the sticks quickly (high rates this time) and saw it go inverted quickly and then back, no crash. 3rd was not good, battery was too low to attempt anything. No damage (other than a few canopy cracks may be a little worse than they already were). I know nothing much to the advanced flyers but still pumped. Flew my V939 quad a little, thing was tipped at 30 degrees just to hold itself in place with the wind. Also cool little flyer.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:20 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Thanks indoorheli. I didn't see those photos before.

You think the Hawk 12000kv will be on par with the HP03s 13500?
Yeah I thought I had posted them previously but i guess not

No I dont think it will be as nuts as the hop03s but I think it will most likely make a nice conversion on 8T. If you wait a bit I am sure Ampdraw will know shortly how it goes since he already has that motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Tell me again what lipos do you like?
thank you
Personally I havent tested much of an assortment yet. Only Nano's, Turnigy's, stock and some old misc batteries I have.
Out of those three stock is by far the best. I am about to order some 190's in hope that is enough for an 8t for the way that I fly. If they dont work out well for the whole discharge I will stick with 7T instead of increasing the battery size more
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:15 PM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
188 Posts
Altitude hold in the wind?

I was in the yard playing a bit this eve. Loving the nano, really building my skill set quickly (nothing inverted yet, but banking turns like a pro now!). One thing I noticed, the AS3X is awesome at holding attitude, but in gusting winds the bird tends to gain or lose altitude pretty quickly. Is this normal and something I'll learn to compensate for?
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGridley View Post
I was in the yard playing a bit this eve. Loving the nano, really building my skill set quickly (nothing inverted yet, but banking turns like a pro now!). One thing I noticed, the AS3X is awesome at holding attitude, but in gusting winds the bird tends to gain or lose altitude pretty quickly. Is this normal and something I'll learn to compensate for?
It's not meant to hold altitude because it doesn't have control over the throttle or pitch. You get that fun job yourself. I noticed that mine kind of rocks and rolls like a little boat in a storm when flying in the wind. It's especially noticable when flying foward at high speed, the heli looks like it's driving over speed bumps . The AS3X tries hard, but sometimes too much wind is too much wind.

I flew mine in 10mph sustained and 15mph gusts today, that's too much wind I don't care what anyone says. It was a battle just to not get blown away.
AWDstylez is offline Find More Posts by AWDstylez
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:23 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Do the servo rods require any adjustments like the msrx?
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:58 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Do the servo rods require any adjustments like the msrx?
Depends on how it was set up at the factory. Both of mine required minor adjustments....like one turn out and it was perfect.
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 09, 2012, 07:55 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Mine wants to go to the right when lifting off..my msr goes straight up.....also, what are the settings for the gyro, etc.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:06 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
Depends on how it was set up at the factory. Both of mine required minor adjustments....like one turn out and it was perfect.
You want 0į pitch at mid stick 50% Throttle...if you need to turn the connectors, make sure you turn them the same on all three!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post

Personally I havent tested much of an assortment yet. Only Nano's, Turnigy's, stock and some old misc batteries I have.
Out of those three stock is by far the best. I am about to order some 190's in hope that is enough for an 8t for the way that I fly. If they dont work out well for the whole discharge I will stick with 7T instead of increasing the battery size more
Awesome, thanks!
I agree on the stock lipo as it's the same that came with my UM Spitfire
they work the best IMO
and I just walked in the door with my new little friend
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:52 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
649 Posts
I cannot get the vibrations out of the heli. I have tried both sets of blades, adjusted the blade grip tightness from loose to tight, made sure the feathering shaft was tight. what else are you guys doing to fix vibration? is it necessary to balance these little blades?
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGridley View Post
Yeah, my Solo Pro 100D does the same thing.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72