HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 02:20 PM
Experimental Flyer
United States, MO, Clark
Joined Jul 2012
48 Posts
Idea
Scratchbuilt aluminum can-wire hinge's

Posting this thread here, to let you all know, I posted some picture's on my blog, of the hinge's I scratch-build, that I use on my plane building, if you want to try out. Nothing against the tape hinge's that alot of people are using, I always have a hard time with the tape staying, and not really giving me the movement I'm looking for.

It recycle's old aluminum can's and wire, which is good for the environment, and give's ya good hands-on building practice.

These hinge's can be easily built to whatever size you want, super light-weight, and not easily broken. Only had them tear out of the foam, during crashes.

I like making them, cause like the old saying, "If I can't build it myself, I don't need it." We need more hands-on, make it by hand, people out there.

Necessity is the mother of all invention's.
Click on my name and go to my build log. There's an idea, in there also, that I've been testing out, and using, that use's strip's of aluminum flashing embedded in the wing instead of carbon fiber or dowel's.

Was thinking maybe, covering the wing of the fire-bird in aluminum can's. Always trying to think outside the box.

Tell me what you think?
hitechredneck is offline Find More Posts by hitechredneck
to remove ads between posts