HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2011, 04:36 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Apr 2011
210 Posts
Discussion
Transplant a Walkera receiver on a Trex Clone?

Hi again. I'd like to transplant a Walkera receiver (off of my crashed Creata) and transplant it to a KDS 450SV (no flymentor) because I'd like to use the Walkera 2801 Pro Transmitter instead of the one the KDS comes with.

So, both receivers have claim the same number of channels. The Walkera actually has an extra slot. Both are 2.4 GHz. And, I believe the channel allocations are the same (and I'd make sure if I do the transplant).

I'm just not sure if this will or (since I'm new at this). I a bit worried about blowing the KDS' ESC or Gryo. Also, if it did work, would need to manually reset all CCPM and tail servos? Actually, the Creata isn't a CCPM it's a NOR. Would that make a difference?

Thanks again.
Allan Gibbs is offline Find More Posts by Allan Gibbs
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2011, 06:29 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,179 Posts
What's the model number of the reciever There have been posts with people using walkera radios with no problems
skyeblu is offline Find More Posts by skyeblu
Old May 28, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Apr 2011
210 Posts
The Walkera's receive say 2801. I did try a swap but the spacing of the channels or shape of the plugs is the problem. They're too close.

I tried using my Walkera transmitter (2801) with the KDS but do luck.
Old May 28, 2011, 11:09 PM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,179 Posts
Thats a standard reciever isn't it not 3 axis. Some of the servo connectors have a tab so that they only plug into receivers one way and have to be removed for universal use check that but be carefull about the polarity when plugging them in if you remove the tab worth looking at also I have one spektrum reciever that my servo plugs have a very tight side to side fit and it takes some fiddleing with to get them in Good luck. I found a picture of your reciever and it looks like it has the slot for the keyed servo connectors so forget that idea bummer
Last edited by skyeblu; May 28, 2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old May 29, 2011, 12:25 AM
Joined Apr 2011
210 Posts
Not a problem. I was able to get my KDS' transmitter sorted out. Elevators kept working in reverse (and using the REVERSE setting wasn't helping). Turns out, I needed to turn the elevator swash mixture -50 to get it to work properly.
Old May 29, 2011, 01:15 AM
banging head on wall
Joined Feb 2010
1,179 Posts
Ya that plus and minus used to get me sometimes with my first build I got lucky the second build I reversed the servos till I was blue in the face couldn't get things to move right and after about an hour I called a buddy and he asked about my swash mix say no more LOL glad you got it fixed how's it fly
Old May 29, 2011, 05:12 AM
Joined Jun 2008
466 Posts
I took mine out of my crashed Creata, and it's working fine in my pro clone, I've got an rx2702v to go on the clone when I upgrade my transmitter to the pro version, and when I repair the Creata the rx2801 will go back on that one. The clone flys great with that receiver though, I'm running 3 turnigy mg90s on cyclic, an emax es9257 on the tail and a copter x mem gyro. It runs a treat!
fishfiend is online now Find More Posts by fishfiend