HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:04 AM
Joined Nov 2011
12 Posts
I actually bought 3 of these for other members of our club. One of my buddies was able to help me out. It all boiled down to programming the system first. I did not run out of the box. You have to program it first. After programming, we were able to get mine working.

I hope assan can improve the manual.

But once you get it working. Its really good.

regards,
E
esulit is offline Find More Posts by esulit
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2013, 03:29 PM
USA, NJ, Egg Harbor Township
Joined Feb 2007
354 Posts
I only have one little problem that maybe someone can help me with. I have set all the travels and delays up in F-2. When I turn the power off for a while, the unit restarts in F-1. If I switch it to F-2, everything works as it should. How can I save the F-2 setting?
Joe C
flyboy1000 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy1000
Old Dec 16, 2013, 08:53 AM
TwinFan
Joined Nov 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1000 View Post
I only have one little problem that maybe someone can help me with. I have set all the travels and delays up in F-2. When I turn the power off for a while, the unit restarts in F-1. If I switch it to F-2, everything works as it should. How can I save the F-2 setting?
Joe C
After selecting the F-2 Setting on the device you have to hold the first 2 buttons (Left Most) down at the same time for a 2 or 3 seconds to save the F-2 setting.

Don
dkurtzid is offline Find More Posts by dkurtzid
Old Dec 17, 2013, 07:52 AM
Joined Feb 2007
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkurtzid View Post
After selecting the F-2 Setting on the device you have to hold the first 2 buttons (Left Most) down at the same time for a 2 or 3 seconds to save the F-2 setting.

Don
Thanks Don,
I'll give that a try!
Joe C
Old Dec 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
Joined Feb 2007
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkurtzid View Post

Don
Don,
My Assan Seguencer is a V3. The programing may be different than earlier ones. On mine you have to hold both the func + and the func - keys at the same time for a few seconds for it to change from F1 to F2. After that you hold the vol + and vol - keys together to program the door positions and delays. You then hold the vol + and vol - keys together to save the position and delay settings. I do all that and it works fine, but when I restart it, it comes up on F1. I can change it to F2 and all the delays and positions are OK, but when I repower it, It comes up on F1. It's not a big problem, but I would like it to power up on F2.
Thanks for your help,
Joe C
Old Dec 31, 2013, 06:02 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,618 Posts
I have a set of landing lights which I want to turn off/on when the gear goes down. I have a defective sequencer (not Assan)which has the feature of working the landing gear lights. I want to replace the defective seq with Assan. It is a P-51 type program door open....wheels down....doors close.....THEN Doors open......wheels up...doors close.

I want the lights to come on when the wheels go down....THEN lights go off on wheels up. I am wondering if I could "Y" the lights to the wheel up and down. I take it all the pins on the assan are hot(powered)and then off when the cycle is finished.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:11 PM
Joined Feb 2007
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965 View Post
I have a set of landing lights which I want to turn off/on when the gear goes down. I have a defective sequencer (not Assan)which has the feature of working the landing gear lights. I want to replace the defective seq with Assan. It is a P-51 type program door open....wheels down....doors close.....THEN Doors open......wheels up...doors close.

I want the lights to come on when the wheels go down....THEN lights go off on wheels up. I am wondering if I could "Y" the lights to the wheel up and down. I take it all the pins on the assan are hot(powered)and then off when the cycle is finished.
I don't know about the landing gear, but I do know the power is still there to the door servos when they are up or down.
Joe C
Old Jan 03, 2014, 06:10 PM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,618 Posts
Joe:
power is still there to the door servos when they are up or down.

Thanks Joe.......Might need to do a little trial and error but good to know. I want the lights off when everything is retracted(would get hot in the wheel wells if lights are on). Could use a micro-switch if need be.
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Jan 03, 2014, 06:30 PM
Joined Feb 2007
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965 View Post
Joe:
power is still there to the door servos when they are up or down.

Thanks Joe.......Might need to do a little trial and error but good to know. I want the lights off when everything is retracted(would get hot in the wheel wells if lights are on). Could use a micro-switch if need be.
HobbyKing has a receiver controlled switch that may help. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ed_Switch.html
Joe C
Last edited by flyboy1000; Jan 04, 2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 09:07 PM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,285 Posts
I think a micro switch would be the ticket.

No need to use another channel.
nageotte is offline Find More Posts by nageotte
Old Jan 04, 2014, 06:38 AM
Joined Feb 2007
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
I think a micro switch would be the ticket.

No need to use another channel.
I don't think you would need to use another channel, just use a "Y".
Joe C
Old Jan 04, 2014, 04:55 PM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,285 Posts
With the "Y" the lights would never go off.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 10:27 PM
Joined Feb 2007
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nageotte View Post
With the "Y" the lights would never go off.
A "y" on the gear channel to turn the switch, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ed_Switch.html, off and on, which turns the lights off and on.
Joe C
Last edited by flyboy1000; Jan 04, 2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 06:43 AM
I can fix it.
Cochranton, Pa.
Joined Nov 2005
1,285 Posts
I bought one of those and it was so confusing I never used it. But I didn't try too hard to figure it out.

Oops. That is not the one I have. Mine was another brand and had more connections. When I wake up fully, I will go find it and see what it is.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 02:27 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
19,990 Posts
Ok I have a assan sequencer im able to program it.....but the servos jitter when they should be idling? ???? Any body out there that can help?
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY