HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:28 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
113 Posts
Discussion
The Happy Warrior

Otherwise known as Minnesota's most influential politician, Hubert H Humphrey, Jr.

I attended a dedication ceremony on the state capitol grounds in St. Paul this afternoon where a long list of dignitaries (Democrat AND Republican) addressed a large crowd for the unveiling of a bronze memorial to our "Happy Warrior". There was no one who fought as tirelessly as Humphrey for civil rights and voting rights.

Among the dignitaries were Vice President Walter Mondale, Governors Mark Dayton and Arne Carlson, Senators Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken, Humphrey's son Skip and the Big Dog himself, President Bill Clinton.
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Last edited by Pipemajor; Aug 04, 2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:39 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,608 Posts
Thanks for posting that. HHH was a good man & a politician I wish we had more of today - not necessarily for his stand on liberal positions one whose strong character & willingness to work with others for the common good that is so sadly lacking today.
herrmill is online now Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:11 PM
Joined Sep 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Otherwise known as Minnesota's most influential politicians, Hubert H Humphrey, Jr.

I attended a dedication ceremony on the state capitol grounds in St. Paul this afternoon where a long list of dignitaries (Democrat AND Republican) addressed a large crowd for the unveiling of a bronze memorial to our "Happy Warrior". There was no one who fought as tirelessly as Humphrey for civil rights and voting rights.

Among the dignitaries were Vice President Walter Mondale, Governors Mark Dayton and Arne Carlson, Senators Amy Klobuchar and Al Franken, Humphrey's son Skip and the Big Dog himself, President Bill Clinton.
Including voting rights for the dead, as I recall.
Gooroo is offline Find More Posts by Gooroo
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:28 PM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooroo View Post
Including voting rights for the dead, as I recall.
Do you speak to the dead often?
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor