Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:58 AM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellzy_21 View Post
Hey Stu,

About to buy the habu 32 and I can't think of anything else I'd want in there but a stumax fan/het combo....I saw that you've been busy with a different job and that you'd be making some more of these soon? Any idea when we might be able to see some of these in the states? Thanks.
Busy? Kind of an understatement! I haven't had a full weekend since mid Sept, very busy commissioning production lines at work. I am back in production now, and a batch of 89-45's will be heading off to Esprit on Monday, followed shortly after by 80-45's. USARCJets also has them on order, they'll be next. Sorry about the delays, having a real job is such a drag.

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:02 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
Glad you're getting back to it Stu!
As far as I'm concerned, you still have the best fans out there!
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
United States, TX, Wichita Falls
Joined Nov 2011
70 Posts
Thanks for the update Stu. Can't wait to get one of your fans!
ellzy_21 is offline Find More Posts by ellzy_21
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:56 PM
Roll with the changes...
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Nov 2012
91 Posts
I went looking for thermal grease today and found a lot of different choices. Is there a preference in this application to:

(1) thermal grease
(2) thermal compound
(3) Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Paste

Most of the ones that show up are for computer CPU heatsink use. Does it really matter or what is the best choice? Any suggested brands or places to get it besides amazon or radio shack?

Thanks in advance.
RibarSRQ is offline Find More Posts by RibarSRQ
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:01 PM
Roll with the changes...
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Nov 2012
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumax View Post
Busy? Kind of an understatement! I haven't had a full weekend since mid Sept, very busy commissioning production lines at work. I am back in production now, and a batch of 89-45's will be heading off to Esprit on Monday, followed shortly after by 80-45's. USARCJets also has them on order, they'll be next. Sorry about the delays, having a real job is such a drag.

Stu.
It'll be worth the wait I'm sure
RibarSRQ is offline Find More Posts by RibarSRQ
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:42 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
843 Posts
Great guy

Hi guys
We all know what a great guy Stu is if you were ever to even flick through the pages of RC GROUPS.
I just experienced it first hand and here might be the place to say thanks.
I crashed my habu on it's second flight and totaled it. Even the fan was damaged. I mailed Stu and he told me to post it back.It was repaired with a new rotor FOC, NADA, For nothing. If you think that's good he also did the same with a 90 mm I sent back.You must remember he is working flat out with a full time job but he made the time.
Quality products,with a quality backup.
Thanks a Million Stu
cheers
Steve
STEVEAIR2 is online now Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Last edited by STEVEAIR2; Nov 20, 2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,230 Posts
Stu is the best!! such a great guy with such an amazing product
I really hope that when the markets get rolling he can go back into full time fan building..... he is a master. The man that started the good sounding EDF craze
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:12 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron101 View Post
stu is the best!! Such a great guy with such an amazing product
i really hope that when the markets get rolling he can go back into full time fan building..... He is a master. The man that started the good sounding edf craze
+1!!!!
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Nov 22, 2012, 03:10 AM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,385 Posts
Wow, thanks so much for your support, guys! It's been a busy time for me, for sure, can't wait for Christmas holidays, really want to do some flying again. I'm hoping to release something (or even some things) new and rather special later this year. Running out of "this year", though......

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax