May 27, 2014, 07:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashVegas View Post
Unfortunately not. I left for Nall on Wednesday morning and he unit had not arrived yet. I had it in time for Memorial Day though, and it was great!
That is good to hear! Glad you are still liking the system.

They are being re-designed, aesthetically anyway, to make them look more professional. Can't wait to get the new version out. Probably July.

Andrew
to remove ads between posts
Jun 02, 2014, 04:05 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
That is good to hear! Glad you are still liking the system.

They are being re-designed, aesthetically anyway, to make them look more professional. Can't wait to get the new version out. Probably July.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Can you tell us more about the new version?

Is the break-in required only before the very first time use?

When the system runs dry, can you tell from looking at the smoke being generated, or you have to rely on a timer?

Is it important to run the system dry during each flight?

Thanks for inventing the system. It's very cool.

Best regards,

feda
Jun 04, 2014, 02:51 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by feda View Post
Hi Andrew,

Can you tell us more about the new version?

Is the break-in required only before the very first time use?

When the system runs dry, can you tell from looking at the smoke being generated, or you have to rely on a timer?

Is it important to run the system dry during each flight?

Thanks for inventing the system. It's very cool.

Best regards,

feda
Sorry about the late reply Feda. I will have more details as the time gets closer. It basically will be the same functionality as the existing version, but much more professional looking. There is not a timer per-se, but I am including a battery alarm to make sure you don't overdraw. Break in is only a one time thing, and I suggest a timer to not go over 2:30 at the most. It will still be producing smoke, but you don't want to take it too dry.

Andrew
Jun 04, 2014, 04:10 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Quote:
Sorry about the late reply Feda. I will have more details as the time gets closer. It basically will be the same functionality as the existing version, but much more professional looking. There is not a timer per-se, but I am including a battery alarm to make sure you don't overdraw. Break in is only a one time thing, and I suggest a timer to not go over 2:30 at the most. It will still be producing smoke, but you don't want to take it too dry.

Andrew
Thank you for your reply, Andrew.

I'd like to know if I lose track of use time, will it do damage to the system? (I am not so much concerned about the battery because I will make sure that it's not to be over-discharged. My question is about other parts of the system.)

From reading the available information, it seems to me the amount of mixture is crucial to the performance of your smoke system. If I didn't run enough time and a good portion of the mixture in the system has not been consumed during the previous flight, I'll have no way to put in the optimal amount of the mixture for the next flight?

Best regards,

Max
Jun 04, 2014, 04:37 PM
Feda, you are overthinking this. If you put in too much....no big deal...the excess runs out the tube. The Glycerin and water is sooo cheap...it doesnt matter.

Honestly...against the advice ofAndrew...I fill it a little....run it before flying a little....add some more...close the canpoy...and go fly. I have a dual timer on my DX-18...the smoke is set for 2:30.
With the amount I add before the flight and the amount I add FOR the flight...I use half a bottle per instance.
In my opinion, the system doesnt care if it gets overflowed as the excess rolls down the tube. The above is my experience and doesnt reflect everything Andrew wants you to do.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:57 AM
How are things progressing with your smoke unit Andrew? Will it be available again soon?
Last edited by buzzbingle; Oct 22, 2014 at 12:58 AM. Reason: added text
Jan 04, 2015, 11:05 PM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbingle View Post
How are things progressing with your smoke unit Andrew? Will it be available again soon?
+1. What's the latest news on the V2 smoke system?
Mar 19, 2015, 06:25 PM
Thread OP

1-2 Beta Testers Needed.

Hi Guys,
I need to have 1-2 beta testers for the V2 smoke system. The original intent was to have these assembled/manufactured for us, but it has been a long time coming, and we have hit a lot of snags with that plan. As a result, I have re-designed the smoke system, and we will be building them in house.

Beta Testers will need to follow directions thoroughly, be able to record video of the system, and give constructive feedback.

This needs to be done in a timely manner, as the plan is to re-introduce them in about 3 weeks time.

Contact me via PM for more information.

I will edit this when the positions have been filled.

Andrew
Mar 19, 2015, 06:48 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
Quote:
Hi Guys,
I need to have 1-2 beta testers for the V2 smoke system. The original intent was to have these assembled/manufactured for us, but it has been a long time coming, and we have hit a lot of snags with that plan. As a result, I have re-designed the smoke system, and we will be building them in house.

Beta Testers will need to follow directions thoroughly, be able to record video of the system, and give constructive feedback.

This needs to be done in a timely manner, as the plan is to re-introduce them in about 3 weeks time.

Contact me via PM for more information.

I will edit this when the positions have been filled.

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

I think I was one of the first to use v2. Let me know if I can provide any info or feedback.

Richard
Mar 19, 2015, 06:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Andrew,

I think I was one of the first to use v2. Let me know if I can provide any info or feedback.

Richard
Hi Richard,
Actually, yours was the V1 or maybe a slight revision of it. Made a few changes to the V2, and before I hit the market with them I want them tested well.

Feel free to give your feedback on your unit though.

Andrew
Mar 19, 2015, 08:36 PM
Jus 1 more plane is all I need
I would have to go back to my old email. I had v1 and the connecting tube broke free from the case. I sent it to you, and you sent me a v2 prototype. I think. The older I get the worse my memory is

The one I have works great. I can send you pics if needed. Happy to help any way I can.
Mar 20, 2015, 04:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I would have to go back to my old email. I had v1 and the connecting tube broke free from the case. I sent it to you, and you sent me a v2 prototype. I think. The older I get the worse my memory is

The one I have works great. I can send you pics if needed. Happy to help any way I can.
You could be right. I think I was calling that V2, but it was probably more like V.1.5.

Please feel free to share any videos or anything.

Andrew
Mar 20, 2015, 04:51 PM
Thread OP

V2 Smoke System

As I mentioned, these are being assembled all in house by myself and my two part time employees. Attempts to get them more mass produced just did not work out for various reasons.

That is OK, I have had fun re-designing them, and testing them. We actually tried several radical new designs to try to get more smoke from the system, but none of them worked out as well as the original design. So the official V2 smoke system is pretty much the same design, with some improvements in workmanship, assembly, and aesthetics.

We are still testing and assembling over the next two to 3 weeks. I plan to offer pre-orders starting tomorrow, with an expected release date of April 13th.

Andrew
Mar 21, 2015, 06:05 PM
Plane crazy
Good to hear.

Mar 21, 2015, 06:49 PM
Thread OP
April 13th release date. If you have any questions, ask away!

Andrew
Last edited by MrRCFlying; Mar 22, 2015 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply