HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2012, 04:50 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
That's okay...I actually flew in the SR-71 Blackbird once.

(in my dreams that is LOL)
Aros is offline Find More Posts by Aros
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2012, 05:02 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
I think the biggest thrill I ever got ...was to fly in and sit the Gunners nose of the Yellow Rose B-25 Mitchel

Which is why it's one of my all time favorite planes
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 05:10 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
Here is some nice Red Tails Photos

Looks like I may do a "C" version "Red Tails" and modify the Livery up just a bit
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Jun 15, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old May 20, 2012, 11:08 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
Welp! P51 went nose 1st onto the ground on takeoff. I'll post the 45 sec vid in a bit. Hopefully its just a new fuselage, spinner, and nose cone that'll take care of it. Won't know till I take her apart. Worst case scenario motor shaft is bent and need a new motor also.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old May 20, 2012, 11:14 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
Ah bummer v8!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 11:21 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
I was going to get a speed read on the fa18e with the cs12 on it for you but after the crash i called it a day. So i just flew my Euro fighter with the Finely fine tuned CS12 (vid also in a bit) & Su35 before frankie hit the deck. Sometime you just gotta walk away and spare the others planes. Might stick to edfs from now on...lol!
Old May 20, 2012, 11:22 AM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
lol, man I know the feeling!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 12:35 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
So always check you control surfaces before flying! Atleast check the neutral position. I did my usual range chk , preflight inspections of all control surfaces, & retracts. However i failed to check my neutral position on my elevator. So on roll out she lifted off without any inputs from me because elevator was @ a 45* angle up in the neutral position. It had been 3 wks since ive flown her so not sure why it was @ a 45* angle up. You learn from your mistakes. Check the travel and neutral positions!

Heres my 1st crash on video

FMS P51 1.7 Crash.mp4 (0 min 41 sec)
Old May 20, 2012, 01:50 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
Oh dude, I feel your pain! When it pitched up and nosed over I totally know what you were feeling...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
Dont feel bad...I was just landing mine and some butt wipe flying his cut into my landing path while I was a foot off the ground and crossed my plane and caused me to dork mine in ......broke the wings...wheel struts.....dorked it up pretty bad.

Ill know more when i get it home. I will hold off on the maiden of the p47 today.....too many idiots at the field today.

I also lost the ledt landing gear on my LX corsair....gears striped on landing and the tail wheel colapsed....but the plane is ok....

What a crapy day for all of us......must be some bad taboo floating arround.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 03:42 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
Bummer man!! I HATE days like that and as we all know, they come in bunches so you were smart not to maiden the P47 today.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,654 Posts
Yeah...Im packing it up and going home....no video today. But I may wait a while and wait for this jack A$$ to leave......very unsafe flyer and may wait to wait to see if he leaves...then maybe?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; May 20, 2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 03:51 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
I say wait it out...WE WANT VIDEO! LOL
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2012, 04:30 PM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Aug 2008
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Yeah...Im packing it up and going home....no video today. But I may wait a while and wait for this jack A$$ to leave......very unsafe flyer andwant to wait to see if he leaves...then maybe?
Sorry to hear Brandon... Its always hard to have this happen and I think most of us have had someone do this to us...

I was out at my old club a few months ago just visiting with the guys since I always fly right across the street now at the new park they put in and while I was standing behind the safety fences I had a foam Habu edf wing tip touch the back of my ear at what had to easily be 80mph and it crashed and disintegrated into a wood table right next to us... It scared the life out of us and everyone around us and actually touched my ear...

That was way too close for me then this old old guy like 212 years old comes hobbling over cussing at us that we caused him to crash because he couldn't see the runway... I yelled at him that he probably couldn't have seen the runway since the early 1940's as old as he was...

I drove home thanking Heaven I have my four 1000'x400' flying fields right across the street where no one ever flies... Sorry about your crash you'll probably have her good as new by the time our new gear arrives...
bnick
bnick2k8 is offline Find More Posts by bnick2k8
Old May 20, 2012, 04:42 PM
Shameful Warbirdaholic.
Maple Valley, WA
Joined Apr 2006
8,259 Posts
OMG bnick!!! I would have FLIPPED out, old man or not! Some people!!
RCG Plus Member