Jan 01, 2012, 09:50 PM

Just Got My Rangelink

I just received my Rangelink LRS from Sid, I am using a FUTABA 10CHP and the modification of removing 2 diodes was needed, but it was easy as you just heat the 2 sides of the diode and it will come right off. Communications with Sid has been very easy and he helped me to solve the issue of when you connect some Futaba radios to RL via the trainer port, the Rangelink will send out a BEEP on power up but the LED will not blink.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2012, 07:20 PM
Chinglish-funny
Hi, just wanna to know how many people use the futaba 12FG - 12Z - 14MZ for FPV, and what make YOU GUYS wanna to use the 12ch on FPV? I dont have any one of them, but i know on the 12ch mode, not a stardand ppm stream out on the trainer port. if it really important for u, i think i can modify rangelink fw make it support this. just need to find a 12FG radio.

Sid
Jan 02, 2012, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
Hi, just wanna to know how many people use the futaba 12FG - 12Z - 14MZ for FPV, and what make YOU GUYS wanna to use the 12ch on FPV? I dont have any one of them, but i know on the 12ch mode, not a stardand ppm stream out on the trainer port. if it really important for u, i think i can modify rangelink fw make it support this. just need to find a 12FG radio.

Sid
I don't have a 12ch radio, but you can probably do this
ch 1: Aileron
ch 2: Elevator
ch 3: ESC
ch 4: Rudder
ch 5: OSD input 1
ch 6: Aileron 2
ch 7: OSD input 2
ch 8: Flaps
ch 9: Camera Pan
ch 10: Camera Tilt
ch 11: Camera switcher (2 cameras on the plane)
ch 12: BEC input
Jan 03, 2012, 04:04 AM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiping View Post
I don't have a 12ch radio, but you can probably do this
ch 1: Aileron
ch 2: Elevator
ch 3: ESC
ch 4: Rudder
ch 5: OSD input 1
ch 6: Aileron 2
ch 7: OSD input 2
ch 8: Flaps
ch 9: Camera Pan
ch 10: Camera Tilt
ch 11: Camera switcher (2 cameras on the plane)
ch 12: BEC input
Is this how the reciever is set up to work? Or is it programable to whatever channels i want? Im just curious as to if there will be information with my rangelink when i get it about what controls go to which channels on the rx.

Any info?
Jan 03, 2012, 06:39 AM
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Is this how the reciever is set up to work? Or is it programable to whatever channels i want? Im just curious as to if there will be information with my rangelink when i get it about what controls go to which channels on the rx.

Any info?

rangelink rx channel map the same as your radio rx.

Sid
Jan 03, 2012, 07:17 AM
Member #1
Thanks Sid!
Jan 03, 2012, 10:06 AM
I haven't yet found any thing that supports futabas 14mz 12ch PPM. I have tried phoenix rc, Aerosim, Dragonlink. But when 8ch PPMis selected it works, but only 8 channels.
Jan 03, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hi Sid,

Have received the Rangelink LRS, have tried to bind the LRS using the plug and play cable#2 with my JR 9XII and JR DSX 7 but the LED does not flash though there is the "beep" sound. However, it works with my DX6i. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thank you.
Jan 03, 2012, 02:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrojets View Post
Hi Sid,

Have received the Rangelink LRS, have tried to bind the LRS using the plug and play cable#2 with my JR 9XII and JR DSX 7 but the LED does not flash though there is the "beep" sound. However, it works with my DX6i. Is there any way to solve this problem? Thank you.
problem is to weak PPM signal from RC unit, few post before you have PDF file how to fix this, you just need to remove 2 diodes inside of RL TX
Jan 03, 2012, 04:56 PM
NDw
NDw
Hi I havn't read all the thread but have read maybe half it and have some questions.

I have the original chainlink. Is it possible to get the original tx upgraded to the rangelink? If so it has to be sent back to Sid? How much does it cost?

Are the original chainlink recivers compatible with rl? If not, can they be upgraded?
( I know the original rx can still be bought)

Thanks.
Jan 03, 2012, 05:58 PM
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by htran View Post
I haven't yet found any thing that supports futabas 14mz 12ch PPM. I have tried phoenix rc, Aerosim, Dragonlink. But when 8ch PPMis selected it works, but only 8 channels.
yes, futaba radio 12ch mode, is not a stardand ppm stream.

Sid
Jan 03, 2012, 06:00 PM
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrojets View Post
Hi Sid,

you need connect to the rf pins. on the rangelink manual , it shows how to do.

Sid
Jan 03, 2012, 06:03 PM
Chinglish-funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw View Post
Hi I havn't read all the thread but have read maybe half it and have some questions.

I have the original chainlink. Is it possible to get the original tx upgraded to the rangelink? If so it has to be sent back to Sid? How much does it cost?

Are the original chainlink recivers compatible with rl? If not, can they be upgraded?
( I know the original rx can still be bought)

Thanks.
just change the name to rangelink, and the performance is the same . so no need to upgrade, i think....

Sid
Jan 03, 2012, 06:13 PM
Double posted.
Last edited by pyrojets; Jan 03, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
Jan 03, 2012, 06:24 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid.huang View Post
just change the name to rangelink, and the performance is the same . so no need to upgrade, i think....

Sid
Sid,

I think there are some people among us who would like to upgrade for various reasons. In my case it's the headtracker input feature, the built in filters, and the fact that the same ID can be assigned to multiple transmitter modules.

Why not think about an upgrade offer? Something like a discount along with sending in the old stuff? I definately would be interested.

Markus

Quick Reply