HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2014, 11:33 AM
Joined Oct 2014
1 Posts
Cool
Winter Fun Biking January 22.–26. 2015

The bike saison will soon be over for most of us and we are facing some tough 5-6 months. Not so this winter!
Peter K. and myself will fly into the sun of Valencia January 22-26, 2015.
Everybody is welcome to join, the more bikers the more fun! I know some of you have already shown interest.

Last winter I checked it out. Valencia simply is the best track in southern Europe for a winter trip since it is close to the airport, has pretty good climate (like 15° and sunny), offers automated time keeping and a Hotel just around the corner. By chance it turned out that also the Bike World Championship will be there in 2015. Here is the link to the club, track and Hotel tips: www.autet.com

There will be no official event, nothing will be organized. We will show up as guest drivers, have fun, that’s it! I checked our visit with the club (thanks to Enrique). We are all very welcome!
We will have to share the track with club members at the weekend, but based on experience we will probably be on our own the other days.

As an example for you, this is how Peter and myself will fly:
22.1.15, 09:20-11:45, non-stop flight with Lufthansa LH 1160, Frankfurt (FRA)-Valencia (VLC)
26.1.15, 12:40-15:15, Lufthansa LH1161, Valencia (VLC)-Frankfurt (FRA)
Flightcost is 198€, luggage 8+23Kg. Lufthansa offers these flights daily, so you are free to extend or shorten the trip.

In other words we will be there Thursday afternoon, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and fly back Monday noon.

Ryan Air also offers direct flights to Valencia for like 100€ incl. 10+20Kg luggage. Check out your opportunities!

The mentioned accommodation close by (49€ per night incl. breakfast): Hotel Tryp: http://www.tryphotels.com/en/tryp-al...cia-spain.html

Example for a pretty cheap car rental dealer. Like 100€ for 4 days (book tank full-full): http://www.autoeurope.de

Some words around LiPo batteries in planes: I have checked the internet, spoke to the Lufthansa hotline and a pilot and have actually practiced it 2 times already. That’s how you should do it (although I can not guarantee): Put your 2s batteries into a sheet metal box or a Lipo bag in a way they do not touch each other and carry as hand luggage on board.

By the way, if you have a huge suitcase the 10+20Kg are sufficient. So far I have never missed anything for a weekend.

All said, it is up to you, we would appreciate if some of you would join us!!

Martin P.
Heli2006 is offline Find More Posts by Heli2006
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2014, 07:01 AM
Germany, RP, Nierstein
Joined Jun 2011
169 Posts
Hi Martin,
as stated in the German Forum, I'm for sure in. This will be a great opportunity to overcome the dark period. I could imagine that drivers from Sweden, Denmark or Austria will join as well. Also hoping to meet the Spanish drivers . Mario ??? ;-)

Cheers
Peter
Bastelpeter is offline Find More Posts by Bastelpeter
Old Nov 23, 2014, 09:03 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,395 Posts
I have been following this thread on the German forum, as well...
and I was wondering... I can find a relatively nicely priced flight (not direct, unfortunately) but still with Air France, through Paris, it takes some 6 hours total, from Athens. Price is still 220 euros, complete with 22kg of baggage, plus the 8kg onboard.
I think this would be a nice way to first test my new 2015 bike! (More on this... shortly!).

So, is anyone willing to share a room (I am not a loud snoring bloke, I think!) and rental/petrol, so we can make it easier for both?!

I plan to arrive on Thusday afternoon, but my flight leaves from Valencia on Monday morning 6.35 am! very early!

Ideas?!

Edit: The Tryp Hotel seems ideally close to the track, too!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:07 AM
Joined Apr 2007
486 Posts
Hi Stelios,
I plan on going...but have not yet sorted flights....will do so in the next few day and email you....
symon is offline Find More Posts by symon
Old Nov 24, 2014, 08:03 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,395 Posts
sounds great, Simon!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:33 AM
Joined Apr 2007
486 Posts
Stelios and myself,are all booked !..looking forward to it!!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 01:05 PM
Joined Jan 2012
391 Posts
hi all,

i am booked as well and cant wait to show the valncia track to our jabber 2015 bike.

it is going to be fun. as far as i understand our spanish distributor will be present as well and bring some more drivers with him.

i think this will be bigger as originally planed
Clark Wohlert is online now Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Old Nov 27, 2014, 01:23 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,395 Posts
o yes!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 03:48 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,395 Posts
one more thing just crossed my mind... A question for those more connected with the Spanish track and local drivers... do we have to register before we go?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 04:52 PM
Joined Apr 2007
486 Posts
Hi Stelios,..no I don't think we have to register..its more of a 'fun' meeting,although there is timing etc
Old Nov 28, 2014, 04:43 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,395 Posts
Well... it's official! I booked my flight: Arriving at VLC airport Thursday 12.05 noon.
Edit: Straight to the track, right?!
I guess seeing the distance on the GPS it should be around 30-40 minutes!!!
Let's hope for the weather, now!
I have bookmarked the Tryp hotel and the track on my own Garmin, so it's just plug it on the cigarette lighter and go!

Booked a cheap Fiesta (or similar) for 27,70 euros for 4 days.
Leaving on Monday morning 7.05am...

Excitementttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!

(Check your email, Simon!)
Old Nov 28, 2014, 07:13 AM
Joined Jan 2012
391 Posts
hi stelioah,

concerning rental cars, please make shure you book them on a full/full basis. in this area they usually try to rip you of with handing out a filled up fuel tank which you have to pay for completly and then it is up to you to empty it.

please check that.

from the airport to the track it is about 25-30 minutes travel.
Clark Wohlert is online now Find More Posts by Clark Wohlert
Last edited by Clark Wohlert; Nov 28, 2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 07:23 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,395 Posts
Good morning Clark. I made sure of this exactly. Take it full of petrol and give it back full again.

As for the distance, you know... I have a ritual with the GPS, when following the directions, I have to do at least TWO u-turns and lose my way twice! So, expect us in 40 minutes at least!!

It's the Greek way of travelling! No worries!!!!!!!

Old Nov 28, 2014, 10:37 AM
Joined Apr 2007
486 Posts
I might take the bus stelios!!!!!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 01:23 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,395 Posts
come on! My driving of real cars is a little (just!) worse than driving the crash... errr... rc bikes!!!!!