SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 12:31 PM
United States, CA, Poway
Joined Jan 2006
611 Posts
I would like to make a set for Tam's struts.
If anyone in San Diego has a set on their plane and wouldn't mind lending it to me for measuring and test fitting, I will get them a free finished pair.
Thanks,
Jarred
jpinn is offline Find More Posts by jpinn
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM
United States, CA, Poway
Joined Jan 2006
611 Posts
If anyone else can help out with the Tam's struts version it would be apreciated.
I need the following dimensions measured very accurately (calipers please)
A) Diameter of the main strut body
B) Hole size of the 4 screw holes to hold the spring or strut to post
C) Distance from trunion base to center of last screw hole
D) Distance from trunion base to strut cutout
E) Reference distance from trunion base to axle
Thanks for the help everyone,
-JP
jpinn is offline Find More Posts by jpinn
Old Yesterday, 01:56 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,805 Posts
Here is what I came up with on the measurements. And I broke off 3 of the 4 screws that hold the retract in when I was removing them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinn View Post
If anyone else can help out with the Tam's struts version it would be apreciated.
I need the following dimensions measured very accurately (calipers please)
A) Diameter of the main strut body. 9.6mm
B) Hole size of the 4 screw holes to hold the spring or strut to post. 3mm
C) Distance from trunion base to center of last screw hole. 25.5mm
D) Distance from trunion base to strut cutout. 45.2mm
E) Reference distance from trunion base to axle. 96.6mm
Thanks for the help everyone,
-JP
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Yesterday, 02:37 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
869 Posts
well i got some great news via a phone call from horizonhobby an hour ago.

remember the huge gap i had between the wings to the fuse.? mine in some spots was acually 2-3 mm gap, well saturday afternoon i called hh as i was just fed up with the fuse i got. ( i never went into detail on this thread about the fuse) but several things tha ti noticed uopn opening the box and inspecting the kit contents and quality.\

for one, my brass nut that is on the canopy release hatch was missing, i called them right away and was still waiting on one from 3 weeks ago,
another thing, if holding the fuse solid on the bench, i could take and grab the vert stab and rock it side to side and while doing so, i could hear the wood support inside make a clicking sound like it had broke loose from the glue.
another issue is the very pointy part of the nose (the sharpest part) was acually chipped or whatever ya want to call it so where it wasnt pointy anymore. (looked like someone dropped it on its nose and broke about 1mm off and exposed the fiberglass under the paint.
another issue i had but tried to repair it best i could, was the thrust tube. it straight up looked like instead of folding it and insertint it into the fuse fopr shipping, it looked like some one just waded the front up and shoved it into the fuse. (dammage to it was all sorts of creases and a huge crack down one side about 5 inches long) like i said, i made it work by placing tape over the crack and just using it the way it came,
oh, one more final thing, the canopy latch just fell out of the fuse the first time i went to install the canopy. (very very little glue was used to glue it inside the fuse,

all this i coudl deal with and did for a short time, but enought is enough,. i got fet up with repairing a brand new airplane that should have been perfect and ready to go as soon as i opened the box.............!!!!

now on to the good news. after sending HH the pics the requested of all the dammage and just straight up crappy molding of the fuse,
they called and said there sending me a whole complete nib fuse for free.......!!! now thats great service from hh.

thanks HH for stepping up and fixing the obvous crappy fuse that was sent to me in the first place, yea......!!!!
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by crash8384; Yesterday at 03:22 PM.