SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:18 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
I apologize if any of the past events are preventing certain members from getting help from Hirobo or their vendors/distributors. I really hope that's not the case, but anything's possible I guess ...
You didn't effect anyone. I had long and heated discussions with MRC, with drawings and documentations, even sent them samples. I gave them a choice. I found a direct contact in Japan I could show the stuff to and point out how incompetent their US distributor was. Or, they could report the issue to Japan and take the credit for it. We ultimately won. But, they were not happy about being made to look stupid in public. If they had learned more than the average high school kid learns in auto shop class, they wouldn't have looked stupid.

I did try to be diplomatic in my initial contacts with them. But, that had no effect. You and I ragging at and about them was the only way we were going to get any action. I had a number of contacts with them after the tail problem, in which I reminded them of their unfortunate response to our earlier problem. They were much more careful and thorough going forward. But, Hirobo was already pulling the plug on many helis... not enough sales.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Mar 02, 2013 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2013, 05:24 PM
Registered User
Cookeville, TN
Joined Nov 2004
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
You didn't effect anyone. I had long and heated discussions with MRC, with drawings and documentations, even sent them samples. I gave them a choice. I found a direct contact in Japan I could show the stuff to and point out how incompetent their US distributor was. Or, they could report the issue to Japan and take the credit for it. We ultimately won. But, they were not happy about being made to look stupid in public. If they had learned more than the average high school kid learns in auto shop class, they wouldn't have looked stupid.

I did try to be diplomatic in my initial contacts with them. But, that had no effect. You and I ragging at and about them was the only way we were going to get any action. I had a number of contacts with them after the tail problem, in which I reminded them of their unfortunate response to our earlier problem. They were much more careful and thorough going forward. But, Hirobo was already pulling the plug on many helis... not enough sales.
Hirobo wasn't pulling the plug on anything the monetary exchange rate has done that for all of us that like Hirobo products. The problem IMHO, was way over blown. I'm still running an original Quark with the stock tail drive that has never had an issue. As far as parts support is concerned, there are plenty of spares.
TMoore is offline Find More Posts by TMoore
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:08 PM
AMA# SIMAGES
simages's Avatar
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,338 Posts
Quote:
As far as parts support is concerned, there are plenty of spares.
Really.... vendors with the SRB Tail Blades set #0302-097 in stock?
simages is online now Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2013, 10:32 PM
Registered User
Cookeville, TN
Joined Nov 2004
394 Posts
MRC has this stuff in stock. If you want it get your LHS to order it. That's how it works.
TMoore is offline Find More Posts by TMoore
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:27 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore View Post
Hirobo wasn't pulling the plug on anything the monetary exchange rate has done that for all of us that like Hirobo products. The problem IMHO, was way over blown. I'm still running an original Quark with the stock tail drive that has never had an issue. As far as parts support is concerned, there are plenty of spares.
Then why did they issue a part that corected it?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2013, 11:57 PM
Registered User
Cookeville, TN
Joined Nov 2004
394 Posts
Ask them. I have no idea. They release updated parts all the time for a variety of reasons.
TMoore is offline Find More Posts by TMoore
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:02 AM
AMA# SIMAGES
simages's Avatar
Hudson Valley
Joined Dec 2006
2,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore View Post
MRC has this stuff in stock. If you want it get your LHS to order it. That's how it works.
Thanks for the tip; I forgot that every hobby enthusiast in this country had a local hobby shop to order through.
simages is online now Find More Posts by simages
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2013, 09:47 AM
Registered User
Cookeville, TN
Joined Nov 2004
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simages View Post
Thanks for the tip; I forgot that every hobby enthusiast in this country had a local hobby shop to order through.
Yep
TMoore is offline Find More Posts by TMoore
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2013, 05:08 PM
Registered User
DMala's Avatar
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2009
1,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMoore View Post
Hirobo wasn't pulling the plug on anything the monetary exchange rate has done that for all of us that like Hirobo products. The problem IMHO, was way over blown. I'm still running an original Quark with the stock tail drive that has never had an issue. As far as parts support is concerned, there are plenty of spares.
I did not have the brrrrt problem either, originally! But I promptly got it once my Quark No. 2 went under salty water courtesy of Hurricane Sandy! So I finally felt like being fully a member of the brotherhood. :

Jokes apart, I do not remember the original discussions being over blown for an internet place full of grown-up boys that like rc toys, and I can not imagine Hirobo modifying the tail shaft design without a good reason.
DMala is offline Find More Posts by DMala
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:51 PM
Registered User
Cookeville, TN
Joined Nov 2004
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMala View Post
I did not have the brrrrt problem either, originally! But I promptly got it once my Quark No. 2 went under salty water courtesy of Hurricane Sandy! So I finally felt like being fully a member of the brotherhood. :

Jokes apart, I do not remember the original discussions being over blown for an internet place full of grown-up boys that like rc toys, and I can not imagine Hirobo modifying the tail shaft design without a good reason.
Whatever their reason I am not privy to it as they don't share engineering changes with me or anyone I know. Hirobo is an entrenched Japanese company like a lot of others and I've found that when I have problems I just fix them myself. Case in point was the cooling shroud on the Turbulence V1. A few of us reverted back to the legacy shroud of the Tsurugi/Freya series because the TD3 unit didn't duct air as nicely as it should. Once this was replaced the engines ran 20 degrees cooler. The shrouds didn't get changed until the V2's came out. The moral of the story is that they should have stuck to the shroud they had instead of trying to make a new one that didn't work as well.

This is not a perfect world we live in. Ask the Align and TT pilots how they get treated, it's the same. It's an Asian mindset.

TM
TMoore is offline Find More Posts by TMoore
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:12 PM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
MiniBoy's Avatar
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simages View Post
@MiniBoy
I also; have projects with wings however; I about to get focused on my Swift projects again and I’ll have to confide in John too as he has managed to progress while surpassing many of us! Not to mention, he's prtty good with the electronics stuff!
Keith ..
and
John ..

I appreciate all your input regarding my interest in the century Swift (NX) .. have already read much of the material over on that thread .. most helpful !!!

I will be hooking up with you both on the RCG Swift NX forum, so as to not have 17 places to look for data ..

Thanks again for your info,

Russ
MiniBoy is online now Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 02:09 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2008
33 Posts
Battery for Quartz

Guys,

I have not been able to fly the quartz much last year and I just got back to it again recently and found out that all my originals Hirobo batterry are weak and no longer holding charge. Can you please tell me what is the best battery out there for the quartz? I recall some posts suggest Rhino..? Thank you all for your help.
Helipath is offline Find More Posts by Helipath
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 05:53 PM
Cranky old fart
Balr14's Avatar
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
These are real nice and the price is not bad: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

But, you will need a JST to Molex adapter, or you will need to swap connectors.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:04 PM
AMA Member # 458448
lcc014's Avatar
United States, MA, ALLSTON
Joined May 2011
1,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
These are real nice and the price is not bad: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

But, you will need a JST to Molex adapter, or you will need to swap connectors.
I have this battery, light and good !
lcc014 is online now Find More Posts by lcc014
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:09 PM
Registered User
Cookeville, TN
Joined Nov 2004
394 Posts
EP Buddy has some of the best prices on 450mah 2s and 3s batteries with JST connectors. Shipping is fast too plus they fit the Quarks very well.

TM
TMoore is offline Find More Posts by TMoore
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product FP micro heli from HIROBO cvlex Mini Helis 0 Nov 15, 2007 06:42 AM
Coaxial rotor indoor heli from Hirobo!!!! totalboss Micro Helis 9 Jan 17, 2007 05:07 PM
Zoom 400 3D: a new micro heli from Belgium joggerke Mini Helis 12 Jan 30, 2004 06:00 PM
FS/T HORNET FP Micro Heli and Many Parts JoeR Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 Oct 15, 2003 08:37 PM
Altitude control for FP micro-heli jeffs555 Micro Helis 2 May 19, 2003 08:11 PM