HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2014, 01:52 PM
Joined Oct 2007
28 Posts
Discussion
Heartland Speed Freakz' Fall KC Race

Guys in our efforts to make every race as successful and fun for all that attend we are considering changing the format for the fall KC race on September 20th & 21st. As some of you know we didn't have a great turnout over all but Q40 was way down and by the end of the third round there were only 3 guys still flying. That just isn't very fun to fly in or even watch so because of that we are considering dropping Q40 on Sunday and making it a "Quickie" only weekend. The other option we are looking at is running EF1 and 426 on Saturday then 424 and 426 on Sunday. I'm just not sure that we have that many EF1 guys in the area but are willing to give it a try if we get enough interest.

So what do I need from you? First what I'd like from you guys is for you to tell me if you are planning on attending and if so which classes would you like to fly? Second, I know nothing is ever 100% until the day gets here but if you could also give me some idea of the certainty that would be great. You can email me directly at lfinchcpa-sbcglobal dot com (replace the "-" with an "@").

Just so we aren't waiting until the eleven hour to make a decision I'll but a deadline of next Tuesday (August 12th) for you to respond. That will give us about 5 weeks to get the word out on what we decide to do.

So once I get all of the responses I'll tabulate them and based on those responses we will determine what we think is the best course of action. So please respond, even if you don't fell like it. Because if you don't respond and don't like the decision that's made you have no right to ***** about it and, to steal a comment from Moe, you'll have to deal with it. LOL
rs-ssfan is offline Find More Posts by rs-ssfan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2014, 04:24 PM
Joined Oct 2007
28 Posts
Well the votes came in and it looks like the quickiees have it. We didn't have enough interest in either Q40 or EF1 so we will be running 424 and 426 on the short course both days. I'll put together a new flyer and send over to have it posted, just incase someone doesn't see this thread.

Anyway, I know we are a little early but if you plan on attending and want to go ahead and get your name on the list send your information over to me (name, AMA & which classes) at lfinchcpa-sbcglobal.net.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you guys there.
Lonnie
rs-ssfan is offline Find More Posts by rs-ssfan
Old Aug 22, 2014, 02:32 PM
Joined Oct 2007
28 Posts
Well with the vote we took I've already got a pretty good list of who is planning on attending the race so I figured I would throw it up here. If you'd like to see your name on the list just let me know that you're coming and I'll add you to it. See you guys in a few weeks.

Sat - 424
1 Vic Kirkpatrick - KS
2 Ken VanTuyl - CO
3 Art Kittler - KS
4 Doug Scherrer - KS
5 Jay Cappis - IL
6 Roger Burright - KS
7 Barry Gosnell - MO
8 Jim Nikodem - IL
9 Scott Hartman - TX
10 Ben Hobbs - KS
11 Rick Hobbs - MO