SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 08, 2014, 08:52 PM
United States, DE, Magnolia
Joined Nov 2011
403 Posts
Help!
Motrolfly problem -- Help! Video in thread

Hello everyone! A week ago I had an aileron servo lock up so I had to make a forced landing. The airplane sort of pancaked in (the airframe is fine -- that you RCMC!) but I did NOT have a prop-strike. That was 8-9 days ago. Today I took my Slick out for the first time since the forced-landing. The motor is a Motrolfly 4315-480

I noticed in my run-up that my spinner and prop moved forward at full throttle. I took the cowling off and this is what I found. I checked ALL of the screws and everything is tight. So what is going on?? :

Click on the picture for the video! (

SubaruMike is offline Find More Posts by SubaruMike
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2014, 09:14 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,522 Posts
The wheel collar on the motor shaft at the back of the motor has moved. I think the motor back plate has to be removed to get good access to tighten the wheel collar.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Jun 08, 2014, 09:50 PM
Joined Nov 2011
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
The wheel collar on the motor shaft at the back of the motor has moved. I think the motor back plate has to be removed to get good access to tighten the wheel collar.
I was able to loosen the set screws and move it flush with the bearing (??) on the back. That fixed the problem, bit you could hear the collar ribbing the bearing (??) I did that at the field, but once I heard the rubbing, I moved it back
Old Jun 09, 2014, 02:16 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
United States, OH, Bristolville
Joined Oct 2010
4,713 Posts
If i were you I would pack it up and send it to Ken so he can take a look at it for you.
3Daddict is offline Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Old Jun 09, 2014, 06:03 PM
Joined Nov 2011
403 Posts
I contacted Ken, and all is well now
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:19 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,586 Posts
Incidentally, you have two threads which are titled to look like 'product failure' threads which are actually 'crash damage' threads instead.

I just got finished reading the one on the Hitec servo, too.
I know the titles are technically correct. Just sayin.

The way things usually go around here, my thought when clicking on each was that it was going to be yet another 'don't buy this product' thread.
C_Watkins is offline Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:57 PM
Joined Nov 2011
403 Posts
I did not exactly know if it was a product failure or not. Sorry for the confusion.