HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2011, 08:45 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
Discussion
Cloud Movie

my HobbyKing TB-20 Flight into cloud and out again....great footage!

Cloud Movie 0001 (1 min 35 sec)
Fliegenmong is offline Find More Posts by Fliegenmong
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2011, 10:08 AM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,399 Posts
Did you have a hard time seeing it? Great video!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Aug 01, 2011, 02:53 PM
Germany
Joined Mar 2005
10 Posts
sorry, wrong post
Dieter59 is offline Find More Posts by Dieter59
Last edited by Dieter59; Aug 01, 2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: wrong post
Old Aug 02, 2011, 05:50 AM
Fliegensville
Joined Jul 2006
178 Posts
Thank you Quail Bird, LOVE your Pink Panther thing BTW, yeah not real easy to see, it was one of those hot humid days in South East Queensland, the type you get when a big low sits offshore for days on end and brings in a heavy Ocean swell, and low 'scud' cloud, I'd actually finished flying with Dad, when I saw this stuff coming through, and I wondered......I reckon I may be able to get inside that a little you know.....the aim was to get along parallel to the base, and then a Parabolic trajectory up and into the base, cutting power and gliding out....of course, you can see this never happened, atmosphere way too unstable, and cloud was everywhere of different intensity...sometimes you could make out a shape , and guess it...it ended up working fine...lucky maybe....though I have been trying to get some footage in cloud for a few years now.....under the safest conditions I could find, which on the day of the video was the main 'Home Base'...

Emeralds Lakes .... http://www.emeraldlakes.com.au/ ...it's 3 mins drive away.....

Generally weather here is CAVOK all round most of the time, with winter being just perfect......here is some footage from last Sunday, including taping the camera to a $1.00 plastic toy parachutist....and footage from 2 drops (though spinning too much) but check out out mid winter weather...not bad eh??

A Sunday 31st July 2011 Compilation (3 min 49 sec)

Some is my Son's Mini cub, the camera drops are from a Hobby King C182, decked out in Aussie 'Roulette' livery, and the Nerang river crossing and late evening flying are with a modified Hobby King 'Wilga 2000' ENJOY
Fliegenmong is offline Find More Posts by Fliegenmong