SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 14, 2011, 08:59 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
I have to tell you all this. My dad is 87 and still flying. Pretty impressive no matter what.

Anyways I got us both an Oshkosh Sport foamie kit and we got to building last weekend. All went great. Two identical planes. Really nice even though Ken used pink foam - who flys a pink plane?

Got out to the field, two planes on the runway, two planes start to roll out.....next one plane is in the air, the other, is on its side on the runway, motor trying to spin - we all have heard sound....anyways, I looked at my dad and said.........

Great memories.......
Great story Bob and so true. It is and always will be great memories.
Thanks
DaDesign is offline Find More Posts by DaDesign
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:03 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdawg View Post
truthfullly we haven't thought too much on the Bipes color scheme, we are probably going to have seperate colors. I am a red, white, and blue guy, and my dad is thinking a John deere green and yellow color scheme. We will see, no painting till after we ensure they fly well.

Now that I think about it, two planes painted the same color scheme would be hard to tell which one is which in the air!

It will be fun to see the red, white and blue with the John Deere colors.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 09:41 PM View Post
tinened21
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:09 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Reported
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 14, 2011, 10:11 PM
United States, CA, Ripon
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
reported
Topdawg is offline Find More Posts by Topdawg
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:11 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Now that I think about it, two planes painted the same color scheme would be hard to tell which one is which in the air!

It will be fun to see the red, white and blue with the John Deere colors.
It only happened that one time, it was funny. I have not had much luck painting blue or pink foam. I have tried an air brush, and also the latex rattle cans - just does not seem to lay down nicely. Probably need to work on my air brush skills....
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:42 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,257 Posts
I've been using a paint by Krylon called "Short Cuts" that I buy at Craft Stores. Works pretty good. It say's 'for foam' on the spray can.

http://www.krylon.com/products/short...erosol_paints/
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:56 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,403 Posts
Thanks - I will try that.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,257 Posts
Bluefish,

Here is a PDF of the Chubby Jumbo EA. I will tile it later but it is going to take a lot of paper to print out this plan.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 11:06 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,257 Posts
Wasn't as bad as I thought. 16 sheets for the 37.5" WS and 20 sheets for the 42" WS. Both posted on the first page (post #2)
Old Dec 19, 2011, 09:15 PM
United States, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined May 2011
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDesign View Post
Bluefish,

Here is a PDF of the Chubby Jumbo EA. I will tile it later but it is going to take a lot of paper to print out this plan.
Wow!! That's awesome!!
I'll have to build another one with the plans.
Thank you Dalton as always you've done it again!!
I'm sorry it took me so long to post another clip of the Jumbo,
everyday life can have some not so everyday problems.
The jumbo fly great I was about 3/4 on the throttle, you can hear me go full throttle when I do a spin but other than that I flew about 3/4 throttle.
Hope you enjoy the clip.
Thanks again.
Jumbo (1 min 33 sec)
Bluefish11 is offline Find More Posts by Bluefish11
Old Dec 19, 2011, 10:01 PM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,257 Posts
Thanks for the video Blue and thanks for the Jumbo design. Looks like it fly's great. You really have the touch now!

I have to get my work bench cleared by finishing the projects I have under construction and build me one of these.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:21 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,403 Posts
So Ron - what's your thoughts on the new 48" EPP from 3DHS?

I have been watching both this and Twisted 44" slick - wish I could have both...One side - an all foam plane is really easy to fix, yet a full fuse is hard to beat, not sure how easy to fix - probably not too bad.

I have seen the other skywing models - wonder which ones 3DHS will be interested in....
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:32 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicow View Post
So Ron - what's your thoughts on the new 48" EPP from 3DHS?

I have been watching both this and Twisted 44" slick - wish I could have both...One side - an all foam plane is really easy to fix, yet a full fuse is hard to beat, not sure how easy to fix - probably not too bad.

I have seen the other skywing models - wonder which ones 3DHS will be interested in....
3DHS has always relied on their own version/design of planes so there may not be a case where they simply just pick up something from Skywing. They have shown a consistant need to this point for their planes to meet their flying needs.

I think the EPP Hybrid 48 is showing to be a tough bird, tormiator <in MD> has a couple vids with so hard hits. They do sell spare parts as well, like they do for their other planes.

The Slick is a flat plate, its going to not fly as big or as fast as the airfoil on the 48. It will fly in smaller areas.

Biggest problem I have with them is them being kept in stock. I just cancelled an order for a 33 Extra foamie since I want to fly indoors, to I ordered a wmparkflyer MX2 to tied me over.
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:02 AM
USA, SC, Greer
Joined Jul 2008
3,257 Posts
Speaking about 3D and EPP have you looked at the sbipe?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1555542

Hey Ron, did you notice the post you and Top reported? Post #3918. The Moderator took it off.