SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:19 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
New Product
F-14 TOMCAT Swing Wing Dual 60mmEDF! By Starmax/SkyRC/Blitz!

Hello Pilots! I am very proud to introduce FINALLY the combination of work by Starmax, SkyRC, and BiltzRCworks (Blitz located in good ole US of A) the legendary F-14 Tomcat! This is a b...b....beautiful scaled down RC F-14 Tomcat! From the days of Top Gun to good time air shows in my child hood at Miramar Naval Air Station! I was that kid that watched Top Gun about 2000 times and will never get sick of it! For me to be a part of the first Swing Wing F-14 Tomcat in the twin 60mm EDF field is nothing more than priceless to me. This F-14 brings back all kinds of nostalgic memories! Okay on the the F-14! It is a combination of companies of SkyRC, Starmax and Blitz that we are able to finally be able to bring this RC model to reality! For the past 2 weeks, I have been testing and tuning this beautiful F-14. She has a full operational swing wing that runs on a single standard size High Torque servo. You can opt to have the wings operating on your Aux switch, Gear switch, rotary switch or any slider switch on computer radios. On the supplied radio, it will be operating on 2.4 and the swing wings will be on an Aux switch. In my testing I have been using my JR9303 running the wings on mixing with my right slider. You can control each position of the wings from fully open to full retracted. And oh my gosh she is so sexy with the wings fully retracted! She will be available with a mechanical Air Retract system or a fixed gear system. I am still in the process of the testing of the entire aircraft. I have 2 flights under her wings and they were flawless flights with minor testing for the retracts, wings, throws, and CG. Once I can get to the field again I will of course make Video my priority.

My test prototype is assembled stock and flown stock.

Wingspan Retracted: 28"
Wingspan Full Open: 44"
Length: 43.5"
11.1V 3S 3200mah
Twin 60mm EDF
Twin 5000kv Brushless Inrunners
Two 40 amp ESC with heat sink
8amp External BEC
Stock Air Retracts and components

Flies on Taileron/Elevon Mixing. Full Flying Stabs
Steerable Nose Wheel

Colors Available:

Jolly Rogers USS Nimitz VF-84 Squadron
Black Knight
Black Bunny

Packages available:

RTF (Ready to Fly with retracts or fixed gear) WITH 2.4ghz Radio System
PnP (Plug N ' Play)
ARF (Airframe Only)

These are the most current details I have to offer. We may ad a BNF Bind and Fly version as well. More photos in the other 2 versions will be posted as soon as I can assemble them.

These are in completion production and we have an ETA to Banana Hobby late July to Early August. Please take note that Banana Hobby will be the sole US holder in distribution of these F-14 Tomcats. Please also check our site for any updates. When it appears on our site, there will be a pre order discount available.

Please also chime in and let me know your favorite versions and colors. We are still exploring in that area.

Everyone, please feel free to ask any questions. Again, please try and keep this thread positive. Enjoy the photos!

Pete
Banana Hobby

F-14 TOMCAT!!! "Ghostrider, the pattern is Full!"

Temporary Photo of the Black Bunny

Temporary Photo of the Black Knight

Jolly Rogers

banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:29 PM
Suspended Account
Fountain Valley, California
Joined Feb 2004
10,769 Posts
Awesome looking model.
willhaney is offline Find More Posts by willhaney
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:34 PM
Just Like That
Wyoming, PA
Joined Sep 2008
23 Posts
I bet it costs about a grand....
jkroc1 is offline Find More Posts by jkroc1
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:45 PM
Trash Hauler emeritus
Maryland, USA
Joined Oct 2006
1,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkroc1
I bet it costs about a grand....
If so, then that would make the "List price" about three thousand dollars.
herk1 is offline Find More Posts by herk1
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:46 PM
Joined Dec 2006
154 Posts
That looks mint!
AutoXMan is offline Find More Posts by AutoXMan
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:52 PM
Just Like That
Wyoming, PA
Joined Sep 2008
23 Posts
There are others out there....
Last edited by jkroc1; Jun 29, 2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:55 PM
Just Like That
Wyoming, PA
Joined Sep 2008
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk1
If so, then that would make the "List price" about three thousand dollars.
Good point. At least a grand.....
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:08 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Come on guys. Give me a break! I just post up something we have been working on and reply Number 6 is a link to another F-14 for a good price... what gives??? I know this is a free speaking forum but come on. We are not competing with any other retailers out on the market.

I have not listed the prices as of yet because of the several different packages that will be available. However in light of the first few posts speculating the cost to be "a grand". The answer is NO. I am working on keeing the RTF with the 2.4ghz system UNDER $500.00. Then ad the preorder discount as well to that amount as well.

I totally respect each and every vendor on the market. I don't mind links to other products on my threads at all, but give it a couple of pages or something before doing so. I just worked really hard on this project and I apologize if I come off with a short fuse. I am not trying to upset anyone here.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:13 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,455 Posts
Pete on a key note the link goes to a kit...yours is built...
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:27 PM
Rush
Joined May 2007
329 Posts
yup. thats a balsa/composite twin 70mm kit but its a beaut! build thread on it to!
bunggorb is offline Find More Posts by bunggorb
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:31 PM
Family,RC Planes & Gym....
Santa Ana/92705
Joined May 2008
870 Posts
Nice Pete. Thanks for letting me know you were getting them too. I got mine 2 weeks ago from XFlight and currently building it.. Reggie
vq35721 is offline Find More Posts by vq35721
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:42 PM
Avoid The Ground!
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Sep 2008
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Come on guys. Give me a break! I just post up something we have been working on and reply Number 6 is a link to another F-14 for a good price... what gives??? I know this is a free speaking forum but come on. We are not competing with any other retailers out on the market.

I have not listed the prices as of yet because of the several different packages that will be available. However in light of the first few posts speculating the cost to be "a grand". The answer is NO. I am working on keeing the RTF with the 2.4ghz system UNDER $500.00. Then ad the preorder discount as well to that amount as well.

I totally respect each and every vendor on the market. I don't mind links to other products on my threads at all, but give it a couple of pages or something before doing so. I just worked really hard on this project and I apologize if I come off with a short fuse. I am not trying to upset anyone here.

Pete
Swing wing jet lives..where's the B-1B Pete? or throw some airliners at us!

This F-14 looks great! The guys are just taking pot shots at your retail suggested prices cause it's absolutely ridiculous to think a foam model (no matter how cool) cost retail of $3,000.00 Maybe the prototype does..just not a manufactured model from China! Saw the B-2 and it looks great also! Hope your feeling better and be aware that the guys are just "ribbing" ya! Make an airliner then post the competition (edfmodel.com) and prices for that quality ($2,000) are more inline with a hefty pricetag.
Flexserve is offline Find More Posts by Flexserve
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:00 PM
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2001
1,467 Posts
Is this the same one x-flight has and pw-rc also?
darmar is offline Find More Posts by darmar
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:28 PM
Joined Dec 2006
154 Posts
Hey Pete, how is the difference in flight when the wings are retracted compared to open? Bet it's the coolest thing to see the wings move in flight.
AutoXMan is offline Find More Posts by AutoXMan
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:39 PM
The Sloppy One
Va Beach VA.
Joined Jan 2008
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmar
Is this the same one x-flight has and pw-rc also?
Yes it is.
J03yT is offline Find More Posts by J03yT