HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2014, 01:13 PM
Post Captian
United States, CA, El Mirage
Joined Sep 2013
119 Posts
Question
RPG7 hobby rocket?

Lately I have been thinking of making a rocket launcher hobby rocket and after going through several different possibilities ranging from the classic Bazooka to the modern Javelin I have settled on the RPG7. Though I don't currently have the money to start on this project I would like to know if it would be possible legally to make a rocket that looks like a fairly infamous weapon? and if not would it be OK to make a miniature version? or do you guys think that I should stick to what I know which is wood.
qwerty_2008 is offline Find More Posts by qwerty_2008
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2014, 01:33 PM
SPOOOOOOON!
Joined Oct 2006
326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty_2008 View Post
Lately I have been thinking of making a rocket launcher hobby rocket and after going through several different possibilities ranging from the classic Bazooka to the modern Javelin I have settled on the RPG7. Though I don't currently have the money to start on this project I would like to know if it would be possible legally to make a rocket that looks like a fairly infamous weapon? and if not would it be OK to make a miniature version? or do you guys think that I should stick to what I know which is wood.
Making a model of an RPG is no issue, there are lots of models of missiles that get flown all the time.

There are safety code issues if you want to launch it from a shoulder mounted launcher, though.

kj
kmj73us is offline Find More Posts by kmj73us