SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:13 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,108 Posts
DX18 is DSMX/DSM2 and so will work with any spektrum,DSM2 and DSMX receivers.
The only receiver that won't work is the DSM receiver but the DSM receiver won't work with the ANY DSMX radios.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
DX18 is DSMX/DSM2 and so will work with any spektrum,DSM2 and DSMX receivers.
The only receiver that won't work is the DSM receiver but the DSM receiver won't work with the ANY DSMX radios.
How long has it been since the DX6 and the AR 6000 rx were discontinued?
People still ask about em-
They did work very well but I am surprised there remains interest about them .
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Oct 2012
56 Posts
Good evening..

I have a funny problem with my DX18...
In my program for the Beam I set DR and Expo to be switched with the flight mode switch.
As i understand it I can select different curves for different modes.
So i set curve 0 for Hold, Curve 1 for Norm, curve 2 for FM1 and curve 3 for FM2.
Fine...that work for Aileron and Rudder...
But for Elevator, whenever i set it to be switched with the FM switch, FM1 goes back to inhibit after switching to either Noramal or FM2
If I set it to ON only it stays there.
But as soon as I try to alter it with the FM switch, it takes the value until I actually move the switch, then it jumps back to Inhibit.
Should I move on and just delete the program ? Or is that something worth investigating ?
Maybe someone wants the file ?

cheers
Sascha
ArguZ is offline Find More Posts by ArguZ
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:35 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,065 Posts
You can go up to the Curve field and select the curve number you want at that place.

You are applying Curves to Flight Modes, not Flight Modes to Curves.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Makes it pretty clear why 3 of the top XFC pilots, including the winner, were using DX18's, no?!?!?

Andy
Probably because they were sponsored and/or simply demo'ing the DX18s.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Makes it pretty clear why 3 of the top XFC pilots, including the winner, were using DX18's, no?!?!?

Andy
Probably because they were sponsored and had them supplied as demo TXs.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:56 PM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linou View Post
Thanks for you very quick answers ! Really impressed

Sub trim: 0
Calibrate: done
Travel adjust: 80% both side
Monitor: End positions exactly at the same level

I can fly but I'll be happy when the bug will be fixed.

Regards,
Al.
Maybe I'm missing something but if this bug exists only when the aileron is reversed, couldn't you work around it by "un-reversing" the aileron, reversing or un-reversing the elevator and pitch servos as necessary (i.e. change their current state to the opposite of what it currently is), and then changing the sign on all of the swash mixes?

e.g. if your current set up is as follows (making up numbers here)

Servo Reverse:
Pitch: Normal
Elevator: Normal
Aileron: Reverse

Swash mix:
Pitch mix: -60%
Elevator mix: +60%
Aileron mix: -60%

Then if you change to the following your swash should still move in the proper direction(s) but you are now not operating in the "bug zone" of the aileron servo being reversed.
:
Servo Reverse:
Pitch: Reverse
Elevator: Reverse
Aileron: Normal

Swash mix:
Pitch mix: +60%
Elevator mix: -60%
Aileron mix: +60%

Edit:
P.S. What firmware version are you running? I'm on 1.03 and if I go to a blank memory location, tell it to be a heli and then watch the monitor as I move the aileron stick it works properly regardless of whether I have aileron reversed or not.
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Last edited by mejmea; Oct 23, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:28 PM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,455 Posts
Quote:

Andy
I'm no XFC competitor, but I do like the DX18. It is really growing on me, a step up from the DX8.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:03 AM
Central California
Joined Dec 2006
2,513 Posts
mejmea
The bug is much simpler than what you are thinking.It is not only aileron but any swash channel that is reversed.It affects the endpoint adjustment only.What happens is that when you highlite the endpoint to be adjusted on a reversed swash channel it is actually the opposite side of the channel that is being adjusted.The workaround is to highlite the side opposite of what you want to adjust.Then change the value and move the stick back to the other side to check the result of changing the value.
aerocal is offline Find More Posts by aerocal
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:00 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined May 2007
71 Posts
Quote:
Yes, start up updating the radio to the latest version! There are RF improvements which are essential, see the PDF for details.

You got most of what you need there. In Channel Assign screen, set the X-Plus Input to ELE for X+8. This will use the raw elevator stick in X+8. Set X+1's input to INH.

Now mix X+8 > X+1 at the appropriate rates. Set the switch to your gear switch (A).

Done.

Andy

What improvements RF??
AIRBUSA800 is offline Find More Posts by AIRBUSA800
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:23 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,065 Posts
Improved binding was in the last version.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:22 AM
United States, UT, Highland
Joined Jun 2006
1,208 Posts
Quote:
You can go up to the Curve field and select the curve number you want at that place.

You are applying Curves to Flight Modes, not Flight Modes to Curves.

Andy
Did you see this Dick? Isn't this almost exactly what we were playing with on your radio last time I was out to the field with you only it was the dual rates thing in FM's you were working on?
Zeeb is offline Find More Posts by Zeeb
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:00 AM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
mejmea
The bug is much simpler than what you are thinking.It is not only aileron but any swash channel that is reversed.It affects the endpoint adjustment only.What happens is that when you highlite the endpoint to be adjusted on a reversed swash channel it is actually the opposite side of the channel that is being adjusted.The workaround is to highlite the side opposite of what you want to adjust.Then change the value and move the stick back to the other side to check the result of changing the value.
Ahhh, ok, so it only comes into effect if you are adjusting endpoints and then the adjustments are backwards/swapped - got it. In some warped way I suppose it could almost make sense! Thanks.
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:08 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Nov 2009
3 Posts
Anyone having the issue where you scroll from the main screen to the telemetry screens then try to scroll back to the main screen the X plus monitor pops up? I wouldnt think its supposed to do that but It does it everytime. Then you have to clear out of the menu to reach the main screen again
pferg is online now Find More Posts by pferg
Old Oct 24, 2012, 03:17 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,065 Posts
Thanks for that bug report. I'll make sure we fix that in the next update.

Andy
Site Sponsor