HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
Portugal
Joined Nov 2009
791 Posts
See this thread... http://rangevideo.com/forum/showthre...vosd-Sequencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanes1234 View Post
How can i program waypoints on a computer?
HF_ATL is offline Find More Posts by HF_ATL
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 01:22 AM
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
3,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
The problem is that heading change on the short term. After 6 seconds that I activate LEVEL FLIGHT the plane turn right or left decisively and with more of 10. And the aircraft would perform circles in a short area. I can say that the flight level not working...
You do not believe that the vibrations can be the problem ?
1. Have you trimmed the plane to fly straight and level, then Set Neutral? (and save after landing) If you dont set neutral the IMU doesnt know what attitude to hold the plane at.

2. Have you accurately set and saved AHI neutral?

3. I assume the RVOSD is mounted level in the plane? Do this first.

4. Does the plane diverge from level flight with the motor off in Level Flight?

5. Does the same thing happen in FBW mode?

Sorry about the simplistic questions but these things need to be eliminated first before looking deeper.
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn
Old May 26, 2012, 02:18 AM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Oct 2007
2,843 Posts
Well my partner in crime tested an RTH launch today. Absolutely brilliant, flicked the RTH switch, left the radio back at his chair, tossed the plane (skyfun) into the sky, and it casually gained altitude and circled above us. Then he went and made a cup of coffee, read the newspaper for a bit, took a dump in the bushes then took over control later on. That didnt actually happen but thats not to say it couldnt happen. Lovin' rvosd.

I still need some help with the funjet though. In RTH mode the plane doesnt turn quick enough, circles are far too wide. Tried changing a number of things but wasnt sure what setting(s) need to be tweaked. Any help please?
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old May 26, 2012, 03:53 AM
The way of being is doing.
Italia, Emilia Romagna, Ravenna
Joined Apr 2009
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
1. Have you trimmed the plane to fly straight and level, then Set Neutral? (and save after landing) If you dont set neutral the IMU doesnt know what attitude to hold the plane at. YES

2. Have you accurately set and saved AHI neutral? YES

3. I assume the RVOSD is mounted level in the plane? Do this first. I creed that RVOSD is not placed correctly inside the plane.

4. Does the plane diverge from level flight with the motor off in Level Flight? I dont' try without motor. But with any power the plane diverge from level flight.

5. Does the same thing happen in FBW mode? I don't try FBW mode.
thanks
IMEIV is offline Find More Posts by IMEIV
Old May 26, 2012, 05:43 AM
skidding in the sky
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double View Post
Well my partner in crime tested an RTH launch today. Absolutely brilliant, flicked the RTH switch, left the radio back at his chair, tossed the plane (skyfun) into the sky, and it casually gained altitude and circled above us. Then he went and made a cup of coffee, read the newspaper for a bit, took a dump in the bushes then took over control later on. That didnt actually happen but thats not to say it couldnt happen. Lovin' rvosd.

I still need some help with the funjet though. In RTH mode the plane doesnt turn quick enough, circles are far too wide. Tried changing a number of things but wasnt sure what setting(s) need to be tweaked. Any help please?
How dare you!!!

I NEVER read newspapers!!

And yep RVOSD is the "number 3" which I think we call a number two's

WO
WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly
Old May 26, 2012, 08:17 AM
Crash=start of next project
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2010
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMEIV View Post
I have a home made anty vibration foam. The motor is balanced but I think that the very problem is that RVOSD5 due to the small space is in contact with cables and curent sensor.. Therefore it's not isolated.
Did you precisely balance the prop using a magnetic balancer? The prop, of course, is the main source of vibration. There is some vibration caused by turbulence but usually very little. Also, try varying your throttle setting. The vibration at different RPM's can be dramatically different.
Best,
Steven
CN I Dawg is offline Find More Posts by CN I Dawg
Old May 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, IA, West Des Moines
Joined Jan 2010
670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_ATL View Post
can this be used with a gen 4 upgraded to a gen 5 board?
rcplanes1234 is online now Find More Posts by rcplanes1234
Old May 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,181 Posts
another fly by wire take off from this morning, view from outside camera.

26 Mai 2012 Vol au dessus de la maison (2 min 16 sec)
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Aug 2007
60 Posts
RVOSD g5 problem with RTH

Hello
I just got my RVOSD g5 3 weeks ago and have only flown a couple of times, but having some problems with the RTH function

Everything else it seems is working well , the fly by wire is working as does the level flight and other flight modes

The RTH mode does not work - whenever I engage the RTH - the airplane does a sharp Right turn and goes UP. It does not matter if the airplane is above or below the cruise altitude

I have almost lost control on a couple of occassions with it spiralling to the ground. I would turn it off and the Fly By Wire ( as well as some control on the sticks ) would straighten it out.

I have checked the vibration level and it does not seem to be a problem. It occurs with both glide and cruise throttle settings. The fly by wire works well. So I dont think it is a vibration problem .

I can be coming straight at home and the plane will turn sharp right and try to spiral.

Any suggestions??

Thanks Gordon
gzmann is offline Find More Posts by gzmann
Old May 26, 2012, 07:38 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmann View Post
Hello
I just got my RVOSD g5 3 weeks ago and have only flown a couple of times, but having some problems with the RTH function

Everything else it seems is working well , the fly by wire is working as does the level flight and other flight modes

The RTH mode does not work - whenever I engage the RTH - the airplane does a sharp Right turn and goes UP. It does not matter if the airplane is above or below the cruise altitude

I have almost lost control on a couple of occassions with it spiralling to the ground. I would turn it off and the Fly By Wire ( as well as some control on the sticks ) would straighten it out.

I have checked the vibration level and it does not seem to be a problem. It occurs with both glide and cruise throttle settings. The fly by wire works well. So I dont think it is a vibration problem .

I can be coming straight at home and the plane will turn sharp right and try to spiral.

Any suggestions??

Thanks Gordon
1st question : did you do the RC safety wizrard ?
if no, do it.
If yes, when asked for level flight, did you give cruise throttle of left throttle to zero ?

I did that mistake once.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Also be sure to set neutral positions in the flight menu.
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
Old May 26, 2012, 08:07 PM
Norway
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakchos View Post
1st question : did you do the RC safety wizrard ?
if no, do it.
If yes, when asked for level flight, did you give cruise throttle of left throttle to zero ?

I did that mistake once.
what do you mean with cruise throttle of left throttle to zero?
am i supposed to set the throttlestick to middle on that part?
when i did that part,i didnt touch any of the sticks. havent tested the osd yet tho.
Bauf is offline Find More Posts by Bauf
Old May 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauf View Post
what do you mean with cruise throttle of left throttle to zero?
am i supposed to set the throttlestick to middle on that part?
when i did that part,i didnt touch any of the sticks. havent tested the osd yet tho.
when asked for level flight or neutral, cant remember the exact term, i put the throttle stick to where i have it when i cruise, i would like Alex to confirmed that's what to do, i know it works for me tho
RCG Plus Member
Old May 26, 2012, 09:34 PM
skidding in the sky
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
Hi all,

Yesterday, the system was all good, but had a need to re solder a Trust55A lead, did that and so far so good, reassembled system, went to test my handywork and ran into a problem.

No throttle response? Now if I engage RTH it fires up perfectly, spins up a treat but the throttle stick gives me nothing (9CAP with DL) aileron and elevator response is as it should be (moves) but no stick response? anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

WO
Old May 26, 2012, 10:20 PM
skidding in the sky
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
Sorted, started from scratch and all came together at the end