HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2010, 03:12 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
New Product
FY 21AP Stabilizer with OSD

Flight Stabilization system integrates the three-axis gyroscope, three-axis acceleration

Flight Stabilization System integrates the three-axis gyroscope, three-axis acceleration ,which make up a basic platform inertial navigation system. It can calculate the attitude of the model plane by a special algorithm. Once the Flight Stabilization System detected there is change between the model plane’s present attitude and the horizontal attitude, it will give a controlling signal to keep the model plane in a state of equilibrium. The Flight Stabilization System can be used very easily. The manipulator just need to place the control stick in the middle of the remote controller, then the model plane could revert to the state of equilibrium. The Flight Stabilization System can be used in any environment, such as indoors or any weather conditions. It dose not need any other initialization. Just switch on the power then the model plane can fly to the sky stably. There are three control knobs for controlling elevator, aileron and directional channel.

1. Auto circle over position.

2. Auto return to home and circle.

3. Flight Stabilization System three-axis gyroscope

Skywalker Platform FY21ap FPV (7 min 4 sec)

See more about this FY 21AP Stabilizer with OSD

FeiYu Tech FY3ZT FY21AP FY31AP FY20A

News from FeiYu Tech: FY30A
Hooks is offline Find More Posts by Hooks
Last edited by Hooks; Sep 01, 2011 at 05:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2010, 04:52 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,050 Posts
Very interesting, and pretty expensive. Also a very cluttered screen.

I guess if you have that much invested it is nice to have lat/long on screen in case you go down.

I think you are the first people I've seen to have a truly workable artificial horizon, and that's gold for some situations.

I guess I ought to bookmark it, just in case I suddenly decide that I have to have an artificial horizon.

Nice work, I wish you success.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old May 03, 2010, 04:58 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
Rhone Alps, France
Joined Aug 2008
2,540 Posts
Yes, it's a shame about the cluttered OSD, but it does appear to work well. There's a few different versions of this. This particular version FY-21AP has a barometric altimeter. There's also a slightly cheaper version FY-21AG that just uses GPS altitude.
lovegroove is offline Find More Posts by lovegroove
Old May 03, 2010, 04:14 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
I find all 3, the ship, the stabilization system and the OSD to work very well.
I dont fly planes anymore, i can't afford it but if i did i would get one such setup in a heartbeat.
It may be a little on the expensive side for the whole deal but the seemingly easy integration and ease of setup is worth the money in my view.
I have pulled many hairs off my head trying to set up ucooperative components in the quest of getting a similarly capable and nice flying machine.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Old May 03, 2010, 05:18 PM
Malaga - Spain -
Joined Oct 2004
25 Posts
Hooks ; Nice autopilot , is posibble to configure by the user the amount of information on the screen ? any posibility to navigate by wp ?
congratulations .

Rgds A.Medina
amedina is offline Find More Posts by amedina
Old May 04, 2010, 01:23 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
Hi Medina,

You are able to select screen information in 3 steps (clear, some and all).

This unit are for FPV, thats why only the circle over given position and RTH function.

In near future I will have a fully PnP Autopilot system ready for sale from same company. Here you will have 2 way communication (plane-ground station).

- High-precision attitude through to use 32 ARM7microprocessors, integrate GPS receiver, three-axis MEMS gyro, three-axis accelerometers, pressure altimeter, inertial strapdown attitude algorithm and combined with Kalman digital filtering and data fusion algorithms .

- Integrated UBLOX 5th generation GPS receiver, 4Hz output, 35 seconds fast positioning time and accuracy of 2.5 meters CEP.

- 50HZ inner attitude control, 4HZ outer navigation control.

- Multi-channel mixed-control output can be easily adjusting the mixed-control. Including
normal layout none mixed rudder control navigation, elevator and aileron rudder navigation, elevator and aileron mixed-control navigation, none ailerons rudder navigation. And can adjust the neutral position in real-time.

- Three kinds of control modes: Manual remote control, Auto balance remote control and
Automatic navigation control.

- Two kinds of automatic navigation control modes: Air route navigation mode and Mouse
pointing flight mode.

- Integrate automatic and manual remote control, higher reliability and practicality, and is
compatible with all common RC remote control facilities, and to provide Servo output
checking.

- Auto-return protection of communication interruption.

- Distance Automatic photography.

- The ground station software contains electronic map that can change the route and tasks online, real-time semi-autonomous remote control, and can real-time record flight data and play back off-line.

- Adjust and save all the control parameters on line, with the convenience standalone parameter adjustment software.

- Contains the autopilot power supply voltage monitoring, electric aircraft power voltage
monitoring, GPS accuracy of detection and autopilot temperature detection.

FY-602 Datalink 433mhz long range
Last edited by Hooks; Sep 01, 2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old May 04, 2010, 02:03 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,667 Posts
Just to be clear. This unit does not require IR filters to detect the horizon, correct?
And it can be used standalone without the OSD as a simple wing leveler, correct?
If the latter is true, does it need the GPS receiver for that function?

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2010, 11:38 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
@iam
yes the unit don't use the IR sencor like other systems. You can fly in "sun, rain, night, fog".

The FY 20A is the standalone 3 axis gyro stabilizer without the OSD
Price 135 USD
Last edited by Hooks; May 04, 2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old May 04, 2010, 11:52 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Jul 2006
615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
Hi Medina,

You are able to select screen information in 3 steps (clear, some and all).

This unit are for FPV, thats why only the circle over given position and RTH function.

In near future I will have a fully PnP Autopilot system ready for sale from same company. Here you will have 2 way communication (plane-ground station).

- High-precision attitude through to use 32 ARM7microprocessors, integrate GPS receiver, three-axis MEMS gyro, three-axis accelerometers, pressure altimeter, inertial strapdown attitude algorithm and combined with Kalman digital filtering and data fusion algorithms .

- Integrated UBLOX 5th generation GPS receiver, 4Hz output, 35 seconds fast positioning time and accuracy of 2.5 meters CEP.

- 50HZ inner attitude control, 4HZ outer navigation control.

- Multi-channel mixed-control output can be easily adjusting the mixed-control. Including
normal layout none mixed rudder control navigation, elevator and aileron rudder navigation, elevator and aileron mixed-control navigation, none ailerons rudder navigation. And can adjust the neutral position in real-time.

- Three kinds of control modes: Manual remote control, Auto balance remote control and
Automatic navigation control.

- Two kinds of automatic navigation control modes: Air route navigation mode and Mouse
pointing flight mode.

- Integrate automatic and manual remote control, higher reliability and practicality, and is
compatible with all common RC remote control facilities, and to provide Servo output
checking.

- Auto-return protection of communication interruption.

- Distance Automatic photography.

- The ground station software contains electronic map that can change the route and tasks online, real-time semi-autonomous remote control, and can real-time record flight data and play back off-line.

- Adjust and save all the control parameters on line, with the convenience standalone parameter adjustment software.

- Contains the autopilot power supply voltage monitoring, electric aircraft power voltage
monitoring, GPS accuracy of detection and autopilot temperature detection.
Man you are going to make me go back to fixed wing by dragging under my nose all this good stuff.
andrebandre is offline Find More Posts by andrebandre
Old May 04, 2010, 01:22 PM
Malaga - Spain -
Joined Oct 2004
25 Posts
Hi hooks ; Interesting options , I ask you this but seeing the captured screen , presents a lot information to see during fpv navigation with googles litle invasive , for this reason is better if the user can activate or deactivate the information or see less information , can you post the some mode screen ?

Regards A.Medina www.antrack.es
amedina is offline Find More Posts by amedina
Old May 18, 2010, 01:50 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
Using this thread instead of duplicating in a new one.

Has anyone else used an FY20A. I've had a few flights with mine on a Skywalker and I am interested to hear others experience with it?

Does anyone know if sub trim in the radio is allowed or will it be seen as a control input from the rx?

The manual elludes to possible range issues when using the unit and suggests ferrite rings on the connecting wires if required. Has anyone noticed this?

The weather is too crappy here for me to test so I want to know what others have found.

Regards

Fergus
Fergus is offline Find More Posts by Fergus
Old May 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
now i have doubts about wich one is uglyer, Eagle Tree Pro OSD, or this one.
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old May 20, 2010, 07:13 PM
Ireland
Joined Apr 2005
353 Posts
As requested in another thread I am going to post an update here.

I was not having much luck with the FY20A on the first few flights and thought that the servo deflections being input by the FY20A seemed a bit small.

I performed a reset of the unit and immediately noticed the throw used to counteract movement was much larger.

For those of you buying the unit I suggest you do a gyro reset at the outset.

To reset you need to short out the two pins as illustrated in the manual. To do this I used a jumper from a Kontronik ESC. Alternatively, a servo plug with ground and signal wires joined will do the same thing. I don't fly spektrum gear but imagine that bind plug thingy will work!!

Once the jumper is in place you need to set the unit/plane steady and power on your Tx followed by your Rx. Wait for 20seconds minimum while the unit resets without moving it. I noticed after about five seconds of the red LED flashing that the servos initialized (usually they do so immediately upon power up). I think this was an indication that the reset was complete. Nonetheless I left the unit powered on for a further twenty seconds then unplugged the Rx.

Remove the jumper and power up again without it.

Reset done.

Immediately I could see the increased throw evident as I moved the plane around.

I had a test flight and found the unit was performing much better. I still need to fine tune the gains but so far it looks to do as advertised. No more IR sensors for me I ran out of daylight but hope to get it dialed in tomorrow.

One issue I am having is servo chatter with slight movement visible. This is only on my aileron servos and is with stabilization both on and off. The servos behave fine without the FY20A. I have no other FPV equipment in the plane while I'm testing this. The servos are Graupner DS368's. I have Multiplex servos on the rudder and elevator and they remain still with no buzzing when the stabilization is off If anyone has any ideas please chime in.

Regards

Fergus
Fergus is offline Find More Posts by Fergus
Old May 20, 2010, 09:20 PM
Fly like a bird
Beijing & ShenZhen, China
Joined May 2010
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooks View Post
Flight Stabilization system integrates the three-axis gyroscope, three-axis acceleration

Flight Stabilization System integrates the three-axis gyroscope, three-axis acceleration ,which make up a basic platform inertial navigation system. It can calculate the attitude of the model plane by a special algorithm. Once the Flight Stabilization System detected there is change between the model plane’s present attitude and the horizontal attitude, it will give a controlling signal to keep the model plane in a state of equilibrium. The Flight Stabilization System can be used very easily. The manipulator just need to place the control stick in the middle of the remote controller, then the model plane could revert to the state of equilibrium. The Flight Stabilization System can be used in any environment, such as indoors or any weather conditions. It dose not need any other initialization. Just switch on the power then the model plane can fly to the sky stably. There are three control knobs for controlling elevator, aileron and directional channel.

1. Auto circle over position.

2. Auto return to home and circle.

3. Flight Stabilization System three-axis gyroscope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on8_TCvaIx4

See more about this FY 21AP Stabilizer with OSD
It's good, but let us do more test.
BEVRC is offline Find More Posts by BEVRC
Last edited by BEVRC; May 21, 2010 at 03:44 AM.
Old May 21, 2010, 02:36 AM
Joined Jun 2009
271 Posts
@BEVRC

I have now been testing this system for 2 month and I'm very happy about how it perform.

I also have costumers telling me it perform much better than the FMA I-II

Remember it's the new version II.
Last edited by Hooks; May 21, 2010 at 04:16 AM.