HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:04 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueprint View Post
Nice congrats! Im using the penguin as well with dragonlink and dragonosd.
Cool. I'd live to see some pictures. Mine is full of wires now with the OSD installed. Things get complicated quick.
Mike Freas is offline Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:08 PM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Freas View Post
Cool. I'd live to see some pictures. Mine is full of wires now with the OSD installed. Things get complicated quick.
Good thing the penguin has tons of space.

I have an fy30 with dragonosd on top of 2 gopros and a pan/tilt fpv camera so u can imagine the rat nest in my penguin!
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Feb 10, 2013, 08:35 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,370 Posts
Quote:
Thought about that but it is set correctly on Multiplex as I'm flying with a HiTech A9.
I just my radio type to 'Other'. That way the DOSD never tries to readjust my settings.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:24 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,245 Posts
did first flight with the OSD on my BeeEvo, didnt turn out as expected which end up with landing crashing to tree monster, broke a servo horn luckly i bring spare and manage to fix it on the field

need some fine tuning to get it right, when RTH enabled plane make a steep bank to the left and rocking the my wing way to much, plus my fpv ride was scary (first time fpv with the wing) stall speed was at 40kph! cruise speed at 60-70kph with 60% throttle it scare the s**t out off me at downwind it goes wooping 107kph

plus the wing a bit heavy does not glide well, need a few adjustment with the plane and osd, for OSD where should I start for tuning the RTH? where to limit the throw used by RTH? as normal flying condition i only need 25% of the control in my radio with dual rate 20/25% so i need to limit the throw being used by OSD let said 15%?, charging my battery at the moment to calibrate the sensor as 1837mAh used at 10.5v for 4200mAh is way off
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by skellator; Feb 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:43 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
677 Posts
How many cells/volts can the current sensor handle?
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:44 AM
Just clumsy. Oh, forgetful too
undefined
Joined Jun 2008
3,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbender4by View Post
How many cells/volts can the current sensor handle?
I am building a 6s 120A EDF and Daniel told John to tell me the 90A current sensor would handle it! I had bought a 200A hall effect sensor by the time I got my answer so I am using it anyway just in case.
MikeTheCrash is online now Find More Posts by MikeTheCrash
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:13 AM
Will it ever Fly?
United States, SD, Platte
Joined Nov 2011
422 Posts
Darn, already have mine.
RMRC has DOSD on sale for $139 now.
Flybynight2 is offline Find More Posts by Flybynight2
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:15 AM
FPV Pilot
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2007
2,479 Posts
anybody try the Feiyu Tech FY-DOS? It has some interesting features. I plan on using it without GPS since the DragonOSD has GPS. It has a heading hold and altitude feature that has me intrigued. Something that the FY30 does not have.

Has anybody used the FY-DOS with DragonOSD? The FY30 for me has worked great but it does not offer a heading hold.
blueprint is offline Find More Posts by blueprint
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:34 PM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTheCrash View Post
I am building a 6s 120A EDF and Daniel told John to tell me the 90A current sensor would handle it! I had bought a 200A hall effect sensor by the time I got my answer so I am using it anyway just in case.
Thats great info. Thanks.
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:59 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,370 Posts
Is it possible to pull mission files using the DOSD+config tool? This is currently the program I'm using as I can not get the other working. Reviewed the directions but don't really understand how to do it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Like a lunatic, I killed the solder pad on my dosd GPS module's pcb. It's where the white wire would solder to. Can I just solder to the rv1 leg instead? Would be tricky but I think I have the tools to do it. Or anywhere else on the GPS module pcb? Mine is a locosys mc1513 1205c 1590r-a.
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:36 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,370 Posts
Quote:
Is it possible to pull mission files using the DOSD+config tool? This is currently the program I'm using as I can not get the other working. Reviewed the directions but don't really understand how to do it.
I don't believe the DOSD Config program downloads GPS track files. It also doesn't display the newer features added in DOSD after the program was last updated. Both programs were created by talented DOSD users so updates are subject to how often they update. That's why I use PC Commander. It is the most current with the DOSD firmware.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:39 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
I don't believe the DOSD Config program downloads GPS track files. It also doesn't display the newer features added in DOSD after the program was last updated. Both programs were created by talented DOSD users so updates are subject to how often they update. That's why I use PC Commander. It is the most current with the DOSD firmware.
Ok. I will have to try and get the other program working then.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 07:47 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,370 Posts
Quote:
Ok. I will have to try and get the other program working then.
You can do a log data dump via a terminal program (Hyper Terminal, Terra Terminal, etc). The instructions are in the manual and you'll have to do some formatting of the raw data. Way easier if you can get PCC running though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:06 PM
KK4NOP
Joined Aug 2005
3,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic View Post
You can do a log data dump via a terminal program (Hyper Terminal, Terra Terminal, etc). The instructions are in the manual and you'll have to do some formatting of the raw data. Way easier if you can get PCC running though.
I don't konw about the PC Commander. Really wish I could get it to work.

I have Windows 7. Downloaded the most updated version of the software, extracted all the files and installed them. When I click the program all I get is a dialog box that says "DOSD+ PC Commander has quit working."

At this point I'm willing to pay a bit for some help if someone was willing to do a net meeting with me and figure it out.

PM to discuss.
RCG Plus Member