HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2014, 07:31 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ar-trek-axanar

This looks very cool... I hope they get to pull it off.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Aug 23, 2014, 08:04 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
University Park Airport State College
B-17G Flying Fortress Bomber <look inside>

B-17G Flying Fortress bomber visits State College (2 min 18 sec)
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:27 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,451 Posts
DOG......happy growing.........if you have deer in your area......they are the likely ones to have raided your garden.

Enjoyed the B-17 shots!!!

Six people showed up to move a two-story set yesterday! One of them said he couldn't lift anything........three women that couldn't lift anything and two husbands that had desk jobs and didn't know how to reverse a drill/driver. It took 4 1/2 hours to move it over and assemble most of it. When we were done one of the guys took pity on me and bought a cold twelve pack........I never drank two beers more quickly than I did that day......today I've got muscles aching that I haven't used in years.
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 24, 2014, 09:31 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
SnowDog....
I thought long and hard about how to approach your ALS Challenge. I personally found Patrick Stewart's approach was a "thing of beauty". <video below> I had it planned out, was going to roll camera showing the Donation site, the Bucket on the table with me, Adding the Ice, then adding the water. Hit the Donate Button and then pull the Beer <that was already in the bucket out> out and take a drink.

Personally I should never be on camera, I like being behind the camera. I would not get 700 thousand hits like Patrick and my weekend is short enough.

Your challenge was accepted, I have made a donation of 100 dollars on ALS.org, and I checked the Box that states " I only want my gift to be used for ALS research". I am not sure <were listed> what all other options for money to be used, but if there was a BMW for the President / CEO, that is an issue. Jane took home 293K in 2013.
http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...6#.U_nmoCTD-Uk

I think someone should challenge the ALS foundation, their 16% fundraising expenses should be Dramatically reduced since the Ice Bucket challenge was a dirt cheap whirl wind. 0.16 fundraising efficiencies should be improved.

Patrick Stewart ALS Ice Bucket Challenge-Pstew ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (1 min 51 sec)
Old Aug 24, 2014, 02:24 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,761 Posts
Yesterday was a good fly day. Got some nice low flybys and I'm getting more comfortable down there. Still a long way to go before I start getting crazy down there though. Today is another day. I've got one more quart of fuel, so that should make me through the day. Think I might try a tail tap on the way by today.
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Aug 24, 2014, 03:05 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,761 Posts
Gotta regroup after a very interesting first flight. Took the MX up and immediately felt it was extremely twitchy. After a few seconds, it hit me that I never switched the model on my tx. Not sure if this is a preferred method or not, but I took her up fairly high and switched models mid flight. I just didn't feel I could comfortably land it. After that, all was good. I got to thinking that I never fly this one in KE flight. After my first attempt, I knew why. This thing goes hard to the gear while in KE like I'm holding full down elevator. Any suggestions in correcting this some? Then all of a sudden, the engine dies. I'm in a good spot to recover from this for once, and I safely get it on the ground. Seems the third fuel line come off during the flight and I guess pumped my fuel out. Now searching for more line. Sadly, I think I'll be robbing peter to pay Paul for this one.
abaser is online now Find More Posts by abaser
Old Aug 24, 2014, 05:27 PM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
Sunburnt again... The Die Hards went to the field today, Long way around since its the Strange Grange Fair week and the normal path is not passable.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:53 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
I went with my st george flying buddies to the cross country flying event yesterday. Last time we sat in a flatbed trailer and ate tons of dust. This time I elected not to fly so my buddies could ride in the bed of the truck. So I drove. Last time we were all circling our planes... would drive you nuts. I was determined to drive fast enough that they could just let their planes cruise. Speeds ranged between 40 and 50 mph for most of it.

We had a couple deadstick incidents that cost us time. At the end of the day we came in second by 3 minutes. The guy that won said they averaged about 35 mph. Goes to show how much you lose when the wheels arent turning. It was fun We covered about 30 miles.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:56 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,209 Posts
6 hours? Is this thing working?
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Aug 25, 2014, 06:18 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DNater View Post
6 hours? Is this thing working?
Makes you wonder eh?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:01 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Garden Box pic I mentioned
Nice garden box was it really $700 or did I mioss something LOL looks like the garage floor is coming together nicely also ,, Coooool

Abaser I believe in Knife edge when a plane goes towards the gear it might be nose heavy as that would mean you have adjusted the trim levels to down to kep it in level flight so when you put it on knife edge the attitude of the plane wants to go down but you no longer have the wing holding it level so it now wants to go toward the landing gear.. I would believe that's the problem but someone else might have a better explanation.

DOG sweet pics and vids of the B-17 also

3DNA we always talked about driving and flying and your doing it !!!! That's awesome, Now I feel Like I'm all talk and don't do the walk, but your walking the talk And I only walk of shame.. LOL if you can follow all that... BUt very cool none the less

David Great to hear from you Loks like your getting paroled Early for good behavior

Well we are in
11 hours, 3 full 26 foot truck loads of crap, and Saturday at 11:45pm was the first chair and beer I took all day our freakin house is PACKED we found the bed lol all is well heres some pics of before and after we packed the place lol now just months of sorting lol gonna be a huge garage sale soon
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Last edited by Waldopepperaxe; Aug 25, 2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:09 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,054 Posts
Now some of the upstairs LOL
Last edited by Waldopepperaxe; Aug 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:12 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,451 Posts
Clean off your lens first Waldo!!!!
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:28 AM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,054 Posts
LOL I did it has a nice waldo sweaty shirt cleaning, sorry that's Blackberry quality