Old Today, 08:26 AM
Find More Posts by Genetics101
We were all NOOBS once!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
394 Posts
Alert
VECTOR FC dropping RSSI , LQ & sattelites

Anyone out there that owns a Vector FC & uses it often could you please check something to verify my suspicion of a major glitch.

Here's the deal- I have two close FPV buddies & myself that all have a problem with the "post flight summary" being turned on, we are all using EZ UHF Rx's & obviously vector FC's, when we have the post flight summary turned (ON) we get RSSI & LQ values drop in & out AND the sattelites get dropped also .

This is 3 people with the same Tx (Taranis) & EZ UHF's, we all have multiple vectors (3 myself) & they ALL behave this way! Everything has the latest firmware updates & when the post flight summary is turned (OFF) all issues go away & system is rock solid!

Please please if you have 5 minutes & you are using a vector could you kindly turn the post flight summary on & verify my issue. I contacted ET & they are passing the buck to everything but the FC, REMEMBER- it generally happens on throttle up but it can/will happen intermittently .

What you'll see if the problem exists with your system is the RSSI & LQ values will drop & you will see a (Down arrow) next to RSSI & a (?) next to LQ, the sattelite icon will have a (?) next to it as well.

We would like to get to the bottom of this as it seems beyond circumstance there's 3 of us having the same issue, I have a vector in a wing & two quads & it does it on all platforms.

Thank you for looking & get back to me with your results
Genetics101 is online now Find More Posts by Genetics101
Last edited by Genetics101; Today at 08:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by boogyman
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jun 2006
296 Posts
I have 2 vectors and saw this on the one with ezuhf. I didn't investigate if it was tied to the post flight summary, but my issues went away after putting better antennas on my ezuhf equipment and updating the firmware on the ezuhf tx and rx to the latest.
boogyman is offline Find More Posts by boogyman
Old Today, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by Daemon
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
30,154 Posts
When exactly do you see the problem? Keep in mind that if you simply pick up the aircraft
and carry it around, Vector may briefly think it is flying, so when you stop, it'll show the
post fly summary, which also causes various items on the display to alternate between normal
and "?". As soon as you launch, it'll reset and behave normally in the air.
First time I saw this, it was a bit confusing, but it's not a real issue.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
Old Today, 03:35 PM
Find More Posts by Genetics101
We were all NOOBS once!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
When exactly do you see the problem? Keep in mind that if you simply pick up the aircraft
and carry it around, Vector may briefly think it is flying, so when you stop, it'll show the
post fly summary, which also causes various items on the display to alternate between normal
and "?". As soon as you launch, it'll reset and behave normally in the air.
First time I saw this, it was a bit confusing, but it's not a real issue.
The problem exists as long as the "post flight summary" is on , I can walk away with it laying on the ground & looking through the goggles & it will intermittently drop RSSI & LQ along with sattelites being completely dropped.

As I'd mentioned I / we are running the latest firmware & the best antennas we can buy.

Remember too that there's the 3 of us having this issue so the odds of us all doing something wrong is highly unlikely.

As far as it not being an issue I don't know about you but I don't feel comfortable flying long range & having RSSI & LQ give false readings, not to mention sattelites drop out too. All I'm trying to do is establish if there is in fact a real software issue, we know how to fix the problem, just don't have post flight summary (on)..

:EDIT: if you launch it it doesn't behave normally, it intermittently drops the value on both RSSI & LQ & has an arrow down next to RSSI & a question mark next to LQ "FLASHING"

Thanks guys
Genetics101 is online now Find More Posts by Genetics101