New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2013, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by Digital Don
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
848 Posts
Discussion
Heli-Max Blackhawk

Anyone seen it one person yet? I know they had it at Toledo, but I didn't attend this year.

It has a fairly complex setup for the driven tail for a model this size, but the scale details are amazing. It looks like they took a plastic scale model and added the internals from a CP helicopter!

In case you're not familiar, here's a link Heli-Max Blackhawk. It appears to be Heli-Max's version of the Nine Eagles Solo Pro 319.

I have an Axe CP 100 which is also Heli-Max's offering of a Nine Eagles product. It's a neat little helicopter. If the Blackhawk flys even half as good as that, it will be a winner!

I can't wait!

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2013, 10:04 AM
Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
They want $450 for that? I'll stick to my el cheapo Super CP.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old May 30, 2013, 10:21 AM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,498 Posts
I would be very tempted.... at $250. But, not at the current price. The Hobby Town near my house is an authorized dealer, but doesn't plan on carrying this or most other NE models.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 30, 2013, 10:14 PM
Joined Dec 2006
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
They want $450 for that? I'll stick to my el cheapo Super CP.
Tower Hobbies shows $299 for the Tx-R and $349 for the RTF.

Certainly not cheap, but not exactly $450 either!

Don
Old May 30, 2013, 10:30 PM
Find More Posts by Bajora
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
14,000 Posts
YOU may be able to get a closer look at it in an upcoming issue of RC Heli Pilot
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
Old May 30, 2013, 10:31 PM
Joined Dec 2006
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I would be very tempted.... at $250. But, not at the current price. The Hobby Town near my house is an authorized dealer, but doesn't plan on carrying this or most other NE models.
That's kind of interesting. Technically, even though it's from Nine Eagles, this is a Heli-Max product in the U.S. My local Hobby Town carries Heli-Max, so maybe its a decision that can be made by each individual franchise owner.

I've read various comments about Nine Eagles, and like most opinions you have to take them with a grain of salt. My personal experience with Nine Eagles products is with the Heli-Max Axe 100 CP (Nine Eagles Solo Pro 125). It's a great little helicopter. If the Blackhawk is anything like it, I'll be a happy camper.

If the price was lower though, I could be even happier...

Don
Last edited by Digital Don; May 30, 2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old May 30, 2013, 10:41 PM
Joined Dec 2006
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
YOU may be able to get a closer look at it in an upcoming issue of RC Heli Pilot
Thanks for the heads up!

Don
Old Jun 06, 2013, 12:10 PM
Find More Posts by Torch8
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,307 Posts
What's review on this scale heli? I have dx6i and is considering getting the Anylink to fly it. Most concern is with wind handling and repairs. The tail boom and gears looks pain to take away and replace. Is is hard to make all four main blades track?
Torch8 is offline Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Jun 06, 2013, 02:21 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Don View Post
That's kind of interesting. Technically, even though it's from Nine Eagles, this is a Heli-Max product in the U.S. My local Hobby Town carries Heli-Max, so maybe its a decision that can be made by each individual franchise owner.

I've read various comments about Nine Eagles, and like most opinions you have to take them with a grain of salt. My personal experience with Nine Eagles products is with the Heli-Max Axe 100 CP (Nine Eagles Solo Pro 125). It's a great little helicopter. If the Blackhawk is anything like it, I'll be a happy camper.

If the price was lower though, I could be even happier...

Don
I suspect the problem is more an aversion to Heli-Max and NE is guilty by association. Heli-Max has a horrible reputation for rebadging crap, most recently obsolete Walkera models. As bad as they were, they were an improvement over previous crap. NE products have been very spotty, dating back at least 5 years. If one or the other had a solid reputation, it would probably help.
Last edited by Balr14; Jun 06, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2013, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Joined Dec 2012
2,162 Posts
Looks pretty cool, nice scale looks...kinda expensive though.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 08, 2013, 02:41 AM
Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Tokyo Setagaya-Ku, Japan
Joined Jun 2004
627 Posts
Hi guys

This is just the Nine Eagles Solo Pro 319 Blackhawk. I bought one with a transmitter in Japan. This model has been sold in Japan since the last year. The cheapest price with generallink module for Futaba, JR, Hitech/Spectrum/Walkera is now around 24,000(about $240). Now I am testing it. As for the blade balance, no problems. But the control is difficult at this moment. Maybe I should change the throttle curve in order to increase the head speed.
K2-tokyo is offline Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Jun 08, 2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2013, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
United States, DE, Dover
Joined Oct 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Looks pretty cool, nice scale looks...kinda expensive though.
What a joke of price!!! something you fly scale should NOT cost a lot I would pay half that
Smoothcruizer3 is offline Find More Posts by Smoothcruizer3
Old Jun 08, 2013, 12:38 PM
Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Joined Dec 2012
2,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothcruizer3 View Post
something you fly scale should NOT cost a lot
I disagree...

In fact they should cost MORE because you're getting a whole detailed fuselage instead of just a cheap canopy over the main frame. The scale fuselage usually cost half the price of the heli skeleton. I'd take these scale fuselages below over a stupid Goblin fuselage ANY day. The Goblin fuselage is what $100? The fuselages below go into $800 range....

Apache AH-64A 1/7 Scale RC Helicopter Model at the IRCHA Jamboree (2 min 41 sec)

RC Cobra AH1-Z VIPER with working guns and scale details ! (10 min 16 sec)
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Jun 08, 2013 at 12:44 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 08, 2013, 04:30 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,498 Posts
Good scale designs always cost more than pod and boom. A lot more design effort goes into them, aside form the cost of the fuselage. I would hope it has a floating head, too.
Old Jun 09, 2013, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Tokyo Setagaya-Ku, Japan
Joined Jun 2004
627 Posts
Hi guys

According to Hitech - Nine Eagles, a little smaller version Solo Pro 136 (1/60) will be released soon in Japan:

http://www.super-rc.co.jp/cp-bin/osc...ducts_id=52715

I like this coloring! The price without transmitter in some web shop is 24,900 = about $250.
A direct tail motor system is used. Indeed, such a system will be very useful because some gear in the tail mechanism often breaks at a main rotor crash. Further, they say, the rotor head speed is lower than Solo Pro 319 (1/48), and the blades are softer and more durable.
A standard rotor speed of Solo Pro 319 is fearful for non-3D users. So I appreciate these improvements.
K2-tokyo is offline Find More Posts by K2-tokyo
Last edited by K2-tokyo; Jun 09, 2013 at 07:37 PM.