SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:47 PM
Joined Mar 2011
38 Posts
Discussion
1sq control problem

Hi I've encountered a problem i can't seem to fix. I have had the 1sq since Christmas and its flown really well up to now. My problem is when i throttle up my bird will simply just flip over. It won't gain altitude or anything. Also when i hold her in my hand and throttle up two of the motors will just stop spinning. Any help would be great!
pa4ul is online now Find More Posts by pa4ul
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:49 AM
United States, MO, Independence
Joined Jan 2013
8 Posts
Make sure all your trims are centered and try re-binding the TX. If that fails to fix anything my bet is that you have a fried control board. I went through the exact same thing recently with mine. It was flying great then after simply landing and trying to take off again it started flipping over as if the gyro wasn't working. I messed with it for days before calling Great Planes customer service. They agreed that it was a bad board and sent me a new one. I did have to wait about 3 weeks for it to show up though as they seem to usually be on back order.
spunkyfl is offline Find More Posts by spunkyfl
Old May 15, 2013, 11:58 AM
Joined Mar 2011
38 Posts
i figured i check back in incase someone runs into the same problem. I got a new board and the quad did the same thing.flips over right at throttle. I read on an other thread that the props might have gotten put on the wrong boom thus sending air up instead of down hence no lift. . I took my heli held it in my hand and throttled up. I noticed the air was blowing up instead of down and low and behold the guy on the thread was right. I had installed the propeller on the wrong boom. I swapped it out and my 1sq flies again. Thanks to whoever mentioned that in the thread!
pa4ul is online now Find More Posts by pa4ul