SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 25, 2013, 08:12 PM
Canada, ON, Waterloo
Joined Sep 2008
222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
guys can someone please explain what is the "new_mix_modes" branch in github?

https://github.com/noobee/FlightStab/tree/new_mix_modes..
There was a lot of discussion a few months ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
hey all

i've just built TEST images for
- aquastar
- dlux
- rx3s v1
- rx3s v2/v3

with the mix modes and connection diagram described in https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...JiSICRqUfc/pub

these are for ground testing only. looking for feedback on the mixing behaviour and bug reports. i only have a CPPM receiver so i can only test some parts of the system.

key changes are:

- new mix modes (total of 6)
> RudEle single ail
> Delta single ail
> VTail single ail
> RudEle dual ail
> Delta dual ail
> VTail dual ail

all of them have specific connection methods for both non-CPPM and CPPM RX control. see doc in this post for updated LED flashes as well.

- config version bumped to 5, because of the new mix mode enums. so the device will reset eeprom to defaults and you need to upgrade your aquastar/dlux to match the device firmware as well.

- removed the stick rotate rate = 4x (very high), since it was probably too high anyways.

@PeterVRC. can you try out DELTA in both single AIL and dual AIL variants? single AIL variant should have RUD control and a single AIL channel. dual AIL varient should lose the RUD but have dual aileron channels. it turns out getting the roll axis mixing for the taileron surfaces with two _flapperon_ input is actually quite tricky. i have not implemented the RUD_IN = LINKED yet. right now, the ailerons work as dual ailerons with roll stabilization. the tailerons work similar to a delta wing configuration (mixing both ailerons and elevator and with roll and pitch stabilization as well).

@Y.Mita. can you try out VTAIL in both single AIL and dual AIL variants?

@others. if you have any feedback or bug reports, would like to hear them and i'll fix them promptly.

thanks!
tonyyng is offline Find More Posts by tonyyng
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2013, 01:15 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,762 Posts
What kind of model would be a Delta with dual ail ?
I always though delta/wings had elevator and aileron together, but looking at the document it seems to be a delta with 2 extra aileron servos, and no rudder.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Oct 26, 2013, 12:55 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,323 Posts
I'm still a bit lost...
What I need is a schematic of these modes. where's nobee when you need him...
I cant put my head round of the actual implementation. worst is I cant find the normal dual aileron fixed wing mode that I'm currently using in these test builds....
has anyone flown these?
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:22 PM
Canada, ON, Waterloo
Joined Sep 2008
222 Posts
First hold mode flights

After getting the gyro correction directions sorted out , I finally got some good flights.

Hold mode is a lot of fun.

Here’s a couple of videos:
- Hold mode used for hand launch
Hold Mode Launch (0 min 53 sec)

- Hold mode enabled at various times during the flight:
Hold mode flight (4 min 42 sec)

My apologies for the videos. They aren’t that great. They were captured with a keycam attached to my hat (or handheld by a buddy) and so the plane isn’t always in the middle of the frame. In addition, my flying isn’t something to write home about.

The plane was built with fan fold foam, designed by Leadfeather:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1215705
tonyyng is offline Find More Posts by tonyyng
Last edited by tonyyng; Oct 29, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old Nov 06, 2013, 01:38 PM
Joined Feb 2008
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I have problem when I try to flash my RX3S and maybe one of you can help me.

I connected my RX3S to the ISP and read it out and erased my chip with extreme Burner. But when I tried to download the firmeware, there is an error "Corrupt hex file". I searched in this thread for an solution and found this explanation:

Quote:
How did you download the firmware? If you just clicked "SaveAs" the hex file has HTML mixed in with it. Go to the download page and left click on the hex file you need. This will display the hex data in the window - don't download this either as it will also contain HTML. At the top right of the window you will see a button named RAW, left click on it. This will open up a full page with just the hex data, now right click and do a "Save As".
I did as discribed but I'm still getting this error. I opened the HEX file with the text editor and saw that there is still a HTML code at the beginning and the end.
Even if I deleted manually, there is still an error .

Can someone help me to fix it.

Thanks, Martin
East-Field is offline Find More Posts by East-Field
Old Nov 06, 2013, 02:26 PM
France, RA, Grenoble
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
I did the procedure and after I got the raw data on the web page, do a CTRL+A (mac: cmd+a), and copy paste to a text editor.
garfield38 is offline Find More Posts by garfield38
Old Nov 06, 2013, 03:00 PM
chicken nuggets
Joined Aug 2011
206 Posts
Yes. Only copy the actual raw text, do not save the page itself.
HeliHaven is offline Find More Posts by HeliHaven
Old Nov 07, 2013, 03:08 AM
Keep it simple
Salisbury,England
Joined Jan 2005
974 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to this thread and have 3 of the OrangeRx V3 devices ready to be flashed. Thanks to all for all of the work in generating the new firmware for the devices.

I have read the whole thread and the FlightStab guide and am preparing all of the hardware/software to do the flashing.

Can I ask where the best sites to download Extreme Burner and avrdude are please? I have managed to download Extreme Burner version 1.0 from the site in the guide but I get an error when I try to download later versions.

Similarly I got an error message saying that a certain .dll file was misssing when I tried to run the .exe file for avrdude that I found.

Thanks in advance,

Al
alfoot is online now Find More Posts by alfoot
Old Nov 07, 2013, 03:43 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
Concern to give the kkflashtool a try to flash your device without bothering about the firmware download from the internet. You don't have to mess with the hex files and "save as" or save raw on github.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Nov 07, 2013, 08:51 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,762 Posts
Has anyone used a rx3s with a orange openlrs rx over ppm? Im considering putting my v2 on a fpv wing im planning for.

I also wonder if it would be possible to use a rx3s as a gimball stabilizer incase i want to test out a pan/tilt with my mobius. Obviously it wont be as accurate as a real stabilizer. But servo movement should be similar to a plane in hold mode.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Nov 07, 2013, 04:39 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
I need to make a modified firmware of this for my rx3s v2 with the servo update rate at 400hz, not 50 hz. I won't be plugging servos into the outputs but rather use the output data to stabilize a quadcopter.
The output signals will go to a FPGA board which will decode the pwm signals and give me data from the gyros.
This is a final project and I know that there are a lot easier ways to stabilize a quad (I own AIOP and KK 2.1). I just need the gyro info at 400hz but can't figure out which part of the firmware to change.

EDIT:
I might have figured out a way but I'm not sure if it will work.
In the code which is located here if I change the 8mhz and 16 mhz a bit would the output be 400hz instead of just being 50hz?

// standard frequency definitions
#define F_8MHZ 8000000UL //I would change this to 1000000UL
#define F_16MHZ 16000000UL //I would change this to 2000000UL
#define F_100KHZ 100000UL
#define F_400KHZ 400000UL
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Last edited by Koo; Nov 07, 2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2013, 10:51 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koo View Post
I might have figured out a way but I'm not sure if it will work.
In the code which is located here if I change the 8mhz and 16 mhz a bit would the output be 400hz instead of just being 50hz?

// standard frequency definitions
#define F_8MHZ 8000000UL //I would change this to 1000000UL
#define F_16MHZ 16000000UL //I would change this to 2000000UL
#define F_100KHZ 100000UL
#define F_400KHZ 400000UL
You don't want to touch those. That is the operating frequency of the entire processor. That code was added by noobee to do testing with an 8MHz clock instead of the normal 16MHz clock.

If you increase the output speed to 2.5ms you are going to have a lot of jitter and some things might not work at all. The current design processes the input signals and after a full frame has been received, generates the output so that there is no overlap between input timings and outputs. All of the input signals are processed by interrupt handlers and inducing latency will result in incorrect input pulse width measurement.

John
JohnRB is offline Find More Posts by JohnRB
Last edited by JohnRB; Nov 08, 2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 09:43 AM
Keep it simple
Salisbury,England
Joined Jan 2005
974 Posts
Can anyone help me?

Hi,

I have 3 of the v3 devices ready for flashing. I bought a USBASP lead and have loaded the drivers for it. I have loaded version 1.0 of eXtreme Burner and modified the chips file in accordance with the FlightStab guide. All of the software is on my Windows XP laptop.

I am connecting the V3 device using a plug into the ISP holes of the board, like the picture on page 76 of the thread. I have the USBASP jumper at 3.3.Volts.

When I connect the USBASP to the computer and the device, the device LED lights up.

When I try to read the data with extreme burner I get the message in the attached picture.

Interrogation of the laptop Device Manager says that the USBASP is working correctly.

Could anyone help me please?

Al
Old Nov 10, 2013, 10:00 AM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfoot View Post
I am connecting the V3 device using a plug into the ISP holes of the board, like the picture on page 76 of the thread. I have the USBASP jumper at 3.3.Volts.
Does your 6 pin connector have a key molded on one side of the connector? If it does, that key should be toward the servo connectors on the V3. The pins you added to the V3 do not have a key so you can plug the 6 pin connector on 2 different way, one of which is incorrect.

If you have the cable connected properly, look closely at you solder joints for the pins you added to make sure that they are all soldered and that there are no solder bridges.

John
JohnRB is offline Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:03 AM
Keep it simple
Salisbury,England
Joined Jan 2005
974 Posts
Thanks John,

It was a poor joint I have now been able to read`the data.

On the fuses, the data came out as:-

Low fuse 0xF7
High fuse 0xDF
Extented fuse 0xF9
Lock fuse 0xFF
Calibration FFFFFFAB

The lock fuse isn't as per the FlightStab guide. Is it OK to flash?

Al